Why do so many people expect blow-outs every week?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
On the road against a conference opponent, 3 tds called back -2 of which were bs-, only have up one real scoring drive, and won by two possessions! The glass is half full on this one. Without a few genuinely terrible flags, this is a laugher. The D gave up one big play and then a good drive when they were up by 2 scores. Remember at Houston and stl last season? And they still managed to win the super bowl. Nothing wrong with this game minus a few mistakes that don't usually happen

2_0_6

Reaction score
+1

When you hold a good rushing team to 32 total yards in their house.. Ill take that as a big win.

Rainger

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":wj2e7thm said:
On the road against a conference opponent, 3 tds called back -2 of which were bs-, only have up one real scoring drive, and won by two possessions! The glass is half full on this one. Without a few genuinely terrible flags, this is a laugher. The D gave up one big play and then a good drive when they were up by 2 scores. Remember at Houston and stl last season? And they still managed to win the super bowl. Nothing wrong with this game minus a few mistakes that don't usually happen

Don't know. I sure don't. I want them but certainly don't expect them. This is the NFL. Any game especially a road game is always tough

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I'm happy with the win. Any time it's on the road I feel good about it. Plus, Wilson's superstar status is confirmed by the mediots. We know the truth, but it's always fun to have others see what's so special about him.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Because many of the fans who post here after games are uneducated about NFL football due to the fact that they became fans last year.

Blue Friday at the office baby.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Superbowl put a nice glow of invincibility around this team, so games that were tight last year are forgotten and some think every game is 2012 Bills or Cardinals at home.

It was this way around the first Superbowl when the same type of attitude permeated the board. Took a few horrible years for dome folks to come back to reality.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's how good we were close to being tonight that's frustrating. This coulld have been a laugher. But like a lot of the games between the 49ers and Saints last year we were just better. That's all that matters. Even tonight we all saw the redemption TD taken away, that is a tough call to take. Then again later for the third time? That can kill a team. Without RW3 being unbeatable we could've easily lost. The plays he kept alive were really remarkable. When you have that at the end you're in good shape.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Guessing it's the college football effect. Your university team lights up a cream puff and the bad taste in the conference, and that's supposed to transfer to the NFL - talent disparity be damned.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Didn't expect a blowout... I actually figured we would win by about 10-14 points, so the end result was fine (and any win you get is super fine).

I was just concerned with how we got there. The defense was excellent with only a couple of breakdowns. The offense was electric on the first drive and superb on the clock killer that took up half of the 4th quarter and gave us a 14 point lead.

But, you know, at the same time I think it's fair to voice some concerns. We had GREAT field position all night and still had 9 three-and-outs. In the 3rd quarter, we started at our 44, the 50, and our 40 and had absolutely nothing to show for it other than giving Washington terrible field position. And yes, I know that field position is important, but don't you think that starting with that field position with the guys we have at the skill positions should result in something other than a zero on the scoreboard over those three drives? I think one can be grateful for the win while at the same time being a bit concerned over a stretch like that happening again against a higher caliber opponent.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It was a little sloppy but the score i predicted on my blog was 27-16. Which is actually a little closer than 27-17 because the former assumes 4 scoring drives. we held them to 3 for an entire game, despite uncharachteristically giving up two big plays.

teams dont often get blown out at home twice in a row in prime time. the odds just aren't in your favor.

Coming off the bye, guys didn't look super focus. The lack of miller in passing situations hurt, especially on the road where the defense can get off the ball quickly.

Add in some very stupid penalties by our team, and some missed penalties on the redskins (at least two blatant helmet to helmet hits, and one face mask so obvious I can't fathom how it was missed) and you get that game.

it should have been a blowout. But it wasn't, because it was a road game.

it's that simple.

M2MG

Reaction score
drdiags":3oqq7qjg said:
The Superbowl put a nice glow of invincibility around this team, so games that were tight last year are forgotten and some think every game is 2012 Bills or Cardinals at home.

It was this way around the first Superbowl when the same type of attitude permeated the board. Took a few horrible years for dome folks to come back to reality.

True. This is the NFL, all teams are filled with NFL players. It's simply hard to win games in this league, no matter the circumstances. Our team, our quarterback, have played within the moment, gotten the plays they needed, and won the game. Just like last year so far.

I'm a long-time Seahawk fan, so I'll always find things to be worried about, but...these guys know what they are doing. Of all the things I don't know, that's one thing that that I do know. They have proven that to this point.

Silentwander

Reaction score
I didn't expect the blowout. However the score should have been higher than 27 if it wasn't for few penatlies, I am happy with the win tonight. Our Wilson was saver for our bad oline that he stepped up again. He was a such stud and amazing tonight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
M2MG":2d9old3l said:
drdiags":2d9old3l said:

True. This is the NFL, all teams are filled with NFL players. It's simply hard to win games in this league, no matter the circumstances. Our team, our quarterback, have played within the moment, gotten the plays they needed, and won the game. Just like last year so far.

I'm a long-time Seahawk fan, so I'll always find things to be worried about, but...these guys have know what they are doing. Of all the things I don't know, that's one thing that that I do know. They have proven that to this point.

Can we pin this post for all of the

Spoiled
Drunk

fans to read tonight and after several other games this year so we dont have to wade through these terrible sky falling posts every week??

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
M2MG":1xns8equ said:
drdiags":1xns8equ said:

I'm a long-time Seahawk fan, so I'll always find things to be worried about, but...these guys have know what they are doing. Of all the things I don't know, that's one thing that that I do know. They have proven that to this point.

Nice post.

My wife (not exactly a life-time football gal) freaks out when things get close. My high-school-player son (who has tremendous football IQ) laughs and says "what are you worrying about?" I just sit back and watch...

16 game season...tey ain't all going to go like you want or expect them to...

Ruminator

Reaction score
While there were a number of reasons the game wasn't a blowout, I think the primary contributor was the Redskins' defense which was actually quite tenacious for much of the game. Yes, our OL gets a lot of the blame and Zach's absence was felt, but credit the skins' D which applied a hell of a lot of pressure, leading to more than a handful of Seattle punts.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":end4rixz said:
M2MG":end4rixz said:
drdiags":end4rixz said:

Can we pin this post for all of the

Spoiled
Drunk

fans to read tonight and after several other games this year so we dont have to wade through these terrible sky falling posts every week??
I guess this is the part where we let you know that tossing around insults about other posters is not the best way to make your point, nor is it usually tolerated for long. Make your argument by all means, but leave the name calling out of it.

Tical21

Reaction score
This should have been a blowout because of how much better we are than the Redskins. If we had played a good team and made this many mistakes, we probably lose. The good thing is that this is another game you learn from. It isn't a game that you lose any confidence from. We're going to be both confident and hungry going into the game with the Cowboys. I can't wait to see the Cowboys fan video after the whooping we are about to put on them.

Latest posts