Why does everyone insist we can't win with Boykin?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":z24ddjzw said:
If we get the guy who was hitting Williams for big gains, we'd do fine. If we get the 0/6 version, we'd suck. Problem is you just don't know which you are going to get.

You know who you just described? You just described another former Seattle QB who's still endeared by many. When this guy was on, he looked like Joe Montana ... but when he was off, he looked more like Ryan Lindley.

And that would be ... Mudbone ... one Dave Krieg. You never knew which version of Krieg was going to show up either ... and even he once led this team to the AFC Championship. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":w6zqg06v said:
KiwiHawk":w6zqg06v said:
If we get the guy who was hitting Williams for big gains, we'd do fine. If we get the 0/6 version, we'd suck. Problem is you just don't know which you are going to get.

You know who you just described? You just described another former Seattle QB who's still endeared by many. When this guy was on, he looked like Joe Montana ... but when he was off, he looked more like Ryan Lindley.

And that would be ... Mudbone ... one Dave Krieg. You never knew which version of Krieg was going to show up either ... and even he once led this team to the AFC Championship. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Exactly.....more like dice....do we role craps or 7s. We just did not know.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3gdog92b said:
Hawkscanner":3gdog92b said:
KiwiHawk":3gdog92b said:

Exactly.....more like dice....do we role craps or 7s. We just did not know.

Uh-huh ... and my point in bringing Krieg up is that -- YES, Krieg had his share of bonehead plays. Oh, yes. He had his share of plays where he'd fumble (which he did A LOT because he had small hands) ... or you'd scream at the TV, "How could you throw that pass THERE?!?" (as he'd just thrown his 2nd INT of the game).

BUT ... he also could be LIGHTS OUT. He threw for 5 Touchdowns in a game on 3 different occasions. He could stink it up at times ... but the dude just flat out knew how to make plays.

And despite that inconsistency, this team won. This team DID have success and in fact made it to the playoffs under Krieg.
Now don't get me wrong. I don't LOVE Boykin. If there was a better veteran QB option out there, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

BUT ... for those who say you CANNOT win with Boykin, just consider that. Just throwing that out there.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Why don't we think we can win with Boykin? Because we've seen him play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
yup.

On another note, it's going to be interesting to see how many QB's come available on Saturday. Let alone 1000+ players who get cut.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think Boykin could get us by if he had to come in to replace an injured Russ, God forbid. But f he had to play in subsequent games, with such little experience, we'd have to make our playbook pretty basic and that takes away our advantage we have with Russ.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Boykin has turned into an interception machine. He's terrible either that or he can't tell the difference between black and white uniforms. He's thrown more completions to players wearing black.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":11ftjvea said:
Since we are talking about our backup, I thought I would dredge this up again. After all, this post keeps coming up when I log on. I think he will be solid. He has the skills, but maybe time will tell. I voted for him in the poll too. Just for reference...

You are digging here. Last time this post came up was almost a year ago. You have logged on a couple times since then. We might be able to squeak a win out in the playoffs with Boykin but really nothing more than that. Think the issue now is if we keep Boykin or Davis at the #2.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":27yrskwt said:
Seahawkfan80":27yrskwt said:
Since we are talking about our backup, I thought I would dredge this up again. After all, this post keeps coming up when I log on. I think he will be solid. He has the skills, but maybe time will tell. I voted for him in the poll too. Just for reference...

You are digging here. Last time this post came up was almost a year ago. You have logged on a couple times since then. We might be able to squeak a win out in the playoffs with Boykin but really nothing more than that. Think the issue now is if we keep Boykin or Davis at the #2.

I just logged on and this is the first link I read. I just read 4 posts or so on Boykin. I think it has to do with some preset on my computer. I am not reaching, it is what it is until I figure out if it is the buffers or something else. I press on the link on my google page and this one pops up. Then I press the net index and see what changes are made in posters. Recommend ya not put words on my computer that dont belong. Thanks.

Seymour

Reaction score
1) We cannot win while he is in jail.

2) We cannot win when he becomes a turnover machine 50% of the games he plays.

3) We cannot win with stupid decisions that hinder the offense.

4) We cannot win if when even if a good decision is made, the poor accuracy issue bites us in the butt instead.

Goodbye Boykin...... :pukeface:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seymour":1hnixyzf said:
1) We cannot win while he is in jail.

He seems to be playing himself off the roster anyway, but this was my question.

Isn't a suspension coming for him anyway?

Jville

Reaction score
It's a shame that one year later, Boykin's career remains high centered over rule number #1.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3tan56pb said:
Seahawkfan80":3tan56pb said:

It's not even a question for me, it's clearly Davis.

Look no further than how Boykin handled the end of the first half and Davis handled the end if the game. Boykin almost throws a pick and then takes a sack with no time left when all we needed was another 5 yards for a makeable FG.

Davis goes 5 for 5, changes protection like a pro and leads the team down to throw the winning TD.

Game over, welcome to the backup role Austin Davis.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":i11oxjhq said:
It's a shame that one year later, Boykin's career remains high centered over rule number #1.

Huh??

His latest charge of 2 oz of weed, parole violation, and public intoxication was 5 months ago.

I think the weed was dropped IIRC but the NFL has it's own lessor standards to punish the player anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":2oauqz4b said:
Jville":2oauqz4b said:

Huh??

His latest charge of 2 oz of weed, parole violation, and public intoxication was 5 months ago.

I think the weed was dropped IIRC but the NFL has it's own lessor standards to punish the player anyway.

I am referring to Pete Carroll's #1 rule of taking care of the football.