Why I can't respect Cam Newton

kobebryant

Reaction score
I've been a Cam guy, was pro-Cam on this site for weeks, still think the Nawrocki pre-draft write up was junk, and still have no issue with his dancing and celebrating.

But Sunday I soured on him in a major way and it'll take a lot for me to get back on board. The cowardice in not going for that fumble, the temper tantrums on the ground, the piss poor display in the press conferences. It's too bad and a little disappointing, as I was really in his corner.

Then he says "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" - if I'm Josh Norman, Luke Keuchly, Thomas Davis, G-Reg, Ryan Kalil, Ron Rivera or anyone else who acted like a good loser after that game I'm thoroughly pissed with my QB.

Polaris

Reaction score
Losers according to Cam:

Ron Rivera, Luke Keuchly, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Troy Aikman

Wow, that's some group of losers there Cam. Way to go; that really gets my respect back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well he just outright ADMITTED that he chose not to dive because it might have (paraphrase) 'bent his leg the wrong way'.

So it wasn't:

He didn't see the ball.

He was worried that another teammate had it and he might interfere

He was 're-positioning' himself in case the ball squirted forward.

Or any of the other excuses that were used to try to find some logical reason someone would fail to try in a winnable game in the the most important moment of the most important game of the year.

By his own admission, he didn't want to twist or bend his leg wrong.

What a moron and selfish idiot. You have an entire year to heal up, what about the teammates playing injured and risking their own career longevity just to be able to play in that game (ask Earl and Kam about how playing hurt can lead to damage that follows you the next year).

He saw the ball, and in his own words stated he made a choice not to dive on the ball because of how it might potentially, possibly twist or bend his leg.

I said he wasn't smart enough to be a great QB and it is stuff like this that shows it. Even if you believed that crap, why would you ever admit it? He thinks he is making his case and he is convicting himself. Guy has a million dollar body but a 10 cent brain.

PS Read for yourself Google "Cam Newton Contorted" I believe that exact phrase was "contorted in a way", which is actually a phrase that minimizes contorted meaning it was only a chance at contorting...not even a given.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I love the "I hate to lose" comment. About that....... EVERYONE HATES TO LOSE, you freakin' moron!
How you handle that and how you act when you are winning is what determines if you are a loser, and you Cammy are a loser. He needs to look up the word humility and try to add a little of that to his personality.

ctrcat

Reaction score
kobebryant":23resofj said:
I've been a Cam guy, was pro-Cam on this site for weeks, still think the Nawrocki pre-draft write up was junk, and still have no issue with his dancing and celebrating.

But Sunday I soured on him in a major way and it'll take a lot for me to get back on board. The cowardice in not going for that fumble, the temper tantrums on the ground, the piss poor display in the press conferences. It's too bad and a little disappointing, as I was really in his corner.

Then he says "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" - if I'm Josh Norman, Luke Keuchly, Thomas Davis, G-Reg, Ryan Kalil, Ron Rivera or anyone else who acted like a good loser after that game I'm thoroughly pissed with my QB.

That is not a Cam quote. He got it from Vince Lombardi

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,314

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ctrcat":226s70hw said:
kobebryant":226s70hw said:

It's too bad Cammy misapplied that quote.

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":1w882g1y said:
kobebryant":1w882g1y said:

You know what Vince Lombardi would have done to a "kitty" QB who refused to go after a fumble because he *might* hurt his leg? {And yes Cam outright admitted this!} He would have shuffled off that loser QB on the next train to Buffalo.

MVP53

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1agd7c1c said:
ctrcat":1agd7c1c said:
kobebryant":1agd7c1c said:

WHat difference does it make? Your QB is a bitch. Today he bitched out even more to the media. Dude just doesn't know how to act like an adult.

I can't believe he actually admitted he was afraid of getting hurt on that play. Jeez, even if that's true, make something else up Cam. Say you thought Ware was going to bat the ball that way. Something. You had 2 days to think about it and you're going to come out and openly admit you were afraid of getting hurt...in the 4th quarter...of the Super Bowl. :34853_doh:

NINEster

Reaction score
The shot that Kaepernick took by the sideline in the first quarter of the Vikings game in this year's season opener was more violent than anything Cam could have taken in that moment in the Super Bowl.

Wilson still has the edge for resilience amongst the young QBs, but I have no doubts that playoff Kap was a tougher QB mentally and physically than Cam.

People hype up Cam a lot here, but if he played for SF he'd be destroyed.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
NINEster":jul76m7h said:
The shot that Kaepernick took by the sideline in the first quarter of the Vikings game in this year's season opener was more violent than anything Cam could have taken in that moment in the Super Bowl.

Wilson still has the edge for resilience amongst the young QBs, but I have no doubts that playoff Kap was a tougher QB mentally and physically than Cam.

People hype up Cam a lot here, but if he played for SF he'd be destroyed.

From what I have seen, it is a minority of people here that hype up Cam. And several of those, following Sunday, have come around to the way most of the people outside the Carolinas see it.

I think Eeyore would be tougher mentally and physically than Cam was in the Super Bowl.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
In defense of Cam, I said it at the time and it was only validated by him worrying about his legs bending the wrong way or whatever -

The ball is right under is feet and players are diving at it.

Cam is how tall? 6'5? 6'6?

So if Cam falls forward what is he supposed to do? pick the ball up with his shins? Or somehow do a magnificent leap up into the air and strategically pounce on it?

He's at a horrible angle to fall on the ball and it looks like he jumps back for that very reason. it's one thing to watch it in slow mo, another to see it full speed, another to be a giant man with a ball at your feet and dudes rushing at it.

The presser after the game though was embarrassing.

I don't really like the guy but the notion that he's worried about his health or something in the superbowl so he doesn't fall on the ball is a joke. He was trying to get himself at a better less awkward angle. You can see his leg caught up. Just because he's an athlete and we are used to watching Wilson doesn't mean he can defy the laws of physics.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":115rbw0u said:
ctrcat":115rbw0u said:
kobebryant":115rbw0u said:

It's too bad Cammy misapplied that quote.

Vince Lombardi was Nostradamus-like with his quote. He was actually referring to Cam....Cam has yet to realize that Vince's quote is about him (as he is mentally challenged). He's a loser in "L" Superbowl.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":7wrqe3hh said:
In defense of Cam, I said it at the time and it was only validated by him worrying about his legs bending the wrong way or whatever -

So if Cam falls forward what is he supposed to do? pick the ball up with his shins? Or somehow do a magnificent leap up into the air and strategically pounce on it?

He's at a horrible angle to fall on the ball and it looks like he jumps back for that very reason. it's one thing to watch it in slow mo, another to see it full speed, another to be a giant man with a ball at your feet and dudes rushing at it.

I don't really like the guy but the notion that he's worried about his health or something in the superbowl so he doesn't fall on the ball is a joke. He was trying to get himself at a better less awkward angle. You can see his leg caught up. Just because he's an athlete and we are used to watching Wilson doesn't mean he can defy the laws of physics.

He could have dove way earlier, but he thought he was going to trot over and pick it up on the run until he saw bodies coming in and noped out.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/697112766360981504[/tweet]

BHawk28

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt for not diving. But his presser today was laughable. Sure, the fumble didn't lose the game. The 7 points Denver scored off it did, though. You could tell, cause Cam sure hit the ground hard that time. Wants all the glory, but not the brunt of the blame.

He always seemed like a different person off the field or after a game. Not such a diva. Not today. I understand some people dislike him, because of race. But he pretends no other reason is valid. I saw a meme saying Peyton didn't shake hands after SB48, and he wasn't criticized so harshly. Yeah, well he never grandstanded over first downs, either. Idk how you expect to not be called out for being a sore loser, after you've been a poor winner.

Funniest part is that Beats commercial - his only one I can't stand - where he says, 'Too bad they don't make Band-Aids for feelings.' He should do a commercial for towels and say, 'That's what these are for.' #KeepPouting

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1rnpwchl said:

catgch8wwaahdef.jpg

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I can't get over the soft schedule. Play four games against the bucs and saints, which I don't have to explain how bad they were. Then two against the falcons, one of which they lost. Beyond that, I think Mike Shula needs a lot of credit for what they accomplished. He developed a system that was unique, and highlighted their mediocre talents strong points. It was a dynamic offense, and confused a lot teams, good teams at that. But, I don't think it is a sustainable formula. They are bound to lose some important pieces to that defense. Then what, do we believe that cam can put the team on his back? I personally don't think so. I think the league is gonna catch up to that offense, and they may not make it back to the playoffs next year. I would just like to conclude my post by saying thank god we have Russell
Wilson. Beyond what he does on the field, which is amazing, he has the character a team needs to build upon. We don't have to worry about him pouting, or making excuse, or just being an arrogant jerk. The worst we have to worry about is the media dubbing him "robotic russ." And man I am excited about our young talent. We will get Paul Richardson back, rawls back, and will have future stars from the draft. And I am absolutely stoked about getting graham back. I do not care what people say, the offense did not get better when jimmy went down. The offense became better when bevelle reinvented it, just so happens to coincide with his injury. He would have made it even more potent. They just need not be so stubborn and try to force him to block. We have plenty of dudes that are better blockers, so use them to block. Not to many dudes in nfl are better at hauling down passes than jimmy, so let him haul in passes. He makes this team bettet, if used properly. And also, I really, really hope we trade for Joe thomas. He is a beast. If not him, we have got to bring in an upper echelon l9inemen. I know people don't like Ritchie incognito, but we missed on that one. He fits our attitude, and after missing a year, came back and was the second rated guard in the league. We have championship pedigree, we need to use it to bring in some o linemen. With that pedigree, we should be able to offer a million or two less than the rest and lure them here anyway.

Boycie

Reaction score
BHawk28":y79n0owo said:
Yeah, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt for not diving. But his presser today was laughable. Sure, the fumble didn't lose the game. The 7 points Denver scored off it did, though. You could tell, cause Cam sure hit the ground hard that time. Wants all the glory, but not the brunt of the blame.

He always seemed like a different person off the field or after a game. Not such a diva. Not today. I understand some people dislike him, because of race. But he pretends no other reason is valid. I saw a meme saying Peyton didn't shake hands after SB48, and he wasn't criticized so harshly. Yeah, well he never grandstanded over first downs, either. Idk how you expect to not be called out for being a sore loser, after you've been a poor winner.

Funniest part is that Beats commercial - his only one I can't stand - where he says, 'Too bad they don't make Band-Aids for feelings.' He should do a commercial for towels and say, 'That's what these are for.' #KeepPouting

Get out of here with this racial stuff. This has nothing to do with race. its about showboating and rubbing the other team's face in it when he scores or gets a first down. Everything is about him. quit all of this race crap. The Panther fans are having a field day with it.

Our QB is black and he doesn't get the hate like Newton does, so there goes your theory.

VegasPanther

Reaction score
Hey all, gutted Panthers fan here.

I am not sure whether I am in the minority as a Carolina fan, but I am disappointed in Cam for the presser. I saw Luke Kuechly sit there and calmly give thoughtful answers after an excruciating loss, so why can't the face of our franchise? Though I love Carolina, Cam's reaction made me almost glad he lost, as a front runner who can't be gracious in defeat does not deserve to win. I strongly feel people should walk it like they talk it - if Cam wants to dance, but was then to be gracious in defeat, and we still saw the "megawatt smile", at least he would be consistent. I don't like it when someone feels like the rules of decency and professionalism don't apply to them because "they want to win so bad". As if anyone ever wanted to lose!

I really feel for our defense. The first Denver TD was a strip sack, and the last was from the fumble near our own goal line. Also, one of the FGs was set up by that dumb special teams play that ended in FG range already, so I feel as though our defense is responsible for 6 points at most. If the offense and special teams just take care of the football, maybe we scrape out a 10-6 or 13-10 type victory. Full credit to Denver's D though - they played awesome, against a better offense than our D had to handle.

Us Panther fans wanted this one bad - after a 15-1 season, and beating incredible teams like Seattle and Arizona, the narrative seemed to naturally end in a championship. But to end with that kind of defeat, especially our leader not having the class to accept defeat gracefully, stings all the more. Most of all I feel for the likes of Kuechly - though he will get more chances, I hope, TD - who played with a bloody broken arm!, Josh Norman, who despite being a hothead, had the class to show respect to Manning on his way off the field, and the other defensive guys. I feel for Rivera too, who really built that D. I love all of our team, and wish good things for all of them, but to me the D played like champions without reward.

Well, good luck next year, Seattle fans. I suspect Carolina will have the post-SB loss deflation, coupled with a harder schedule, that will make the 2016 season less fun for the Panthers faithful. With Carson Palmer a year closer to hanging them up, I can see another Seahawks NFC West title and possible HFA in your new future.

All the best folks!