Why I can't respect Cam Newton

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VegasPanther":p46ubphx said:
Hey all, gutted Panthers fan here.

I am not sure whether I am in the minority as a Carolina fan, but I am disappointed in Cam for the presser. I saw Luke Kuechly sit there and calmly give thoughtful answers after an excruciating loss, so why can't the face of our franchise? Though I love Carolina, Cam's reaction made me almost glad he lost, as a front runner who can't be gracious in defeat does not deserve to win. I strongly feel people should walk it like they talk it - if Cam wants to dance, but was then to be gracious in defeat, and we still saw the "megawatt smile", at least he would be consistent. I don't like it when someone feels like the rules of decency and professionalism don't apply to them because "they want to win so bad". As if anyone ever wanted to lose!

I really feel for our defense. The first Denver TD was a strip sack, and the last was from the fumble near our own goal line. Also, one of the FGs was set up by that dumb special teams play that ended in FG range already, so I feel as though our defense is responsible for 6 points at most. If the offense and special teams just take care of the football, maybe we scrape out a 10-6 or 13-10 type victory. Full credit to Denver's D though - they played awesome, against a better offense than our D had to handle.

Us Panther fans wanted this one bad - after a 15-1 season, and beating incredible teams like Seattle and Arizona, the narrative seemed to naturally end in a championship. But to end with that kind of defeat, especially our leader not having the class to accept defeat gracefully, stings all the more. Most of all I feel for the likes of Kuechly - though he will get more chances, I hope, TD - who played with a bloody broken arm!, Josh Norman, who despite being a hothead, had the class to show respect to Manning on his way off the field, and the other defensive guys. I feel for Rivera too, who really built that D. I love all of our team, and wish good things for all of them, but to me the D played like champions without reward.

Well, good luck next year, Seattle fans. I suspect Carolina will have the post-SB loss deflation, coupled with a harder schedule, that will make the 2016 season less fun for the Panthers faithful. With Carson Palmer a year closer to hanging them up, I can see another Seahawks NFC West title and possible HFA in your new future.

All the best folks!
What a refreshing take from a Carolina fan. It's nice to see a little common sense coming from your fanbase. I can under stand your frustration, been there most of my fandom as a Hawks fan. Welcome to .net!

Fade

Reaction score
Russell Wilson out-muscles DeMarcus Ware: "You're not going to get this ball"
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2014/0...uscles-demarcus-ware-youre-not-going-get-ball
Meanwhile Cam,
catgch8wwaahdef.jpg

untitled-2edkhk.gif

Exposed!

He is not only a coward (or a me first guy) take your pick, or both. He is a poor sport, and a terrible leader. It is easy to lead when every thing is going well, but when things get tough, and adversity hits Cam folds like a lawn chair.
Untitled 20tdaqj
cam.newton.sucks.memes.6.jpg

Smug too. Saying things like "You shouldn't compare me to LeBron James, you should compare LeBron James to me."

capture_20160207_221229-e1454904958385.jpg

The people already up on Cam already knew this is who he is. Now after 50 the whole country now know who he truly is.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The whole clip of the "jumpback fumble" is even more telling than the first few seconds. He kinda crawled toward the ball, then took a really half-hearted lunge at it before it was finally recovered. He just didn't want it, but wanted to look like he was doing something.

253hawk

Reaction score
I think he wanted to pick it up on the run, but had tunnel vision and changed his mind once he saw Ware come flying in low. At that point, it was nearly impossible to fall on. If he'd have dove sooner and just eaten the down, he probably could have recovered it before Ware.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Cam is the kind of "leader" who is good enough when everything goes well.

He IS NOT the kind of "leader" who will get the team focused on doing its job when things go bad.

He IS NOT the kind of "leader" who truly feels a responsibility to his teammates and accepts some blame for others' shortcomings.

Wilson leads by example, and that is how LEADERS are supposed to lead.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13c977h3 said:
Have to admit, I backed Cam's enjoyment of the game the last few weeks. But I really think he let his team and fans down with his behavior in losing.

You can do both. You can go out and dab or whatever and have a great time winning... and be gracious, respectful and mature in losing.

I was wrong about him as a personality, and a QB

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at.
The childish spoilsport act was a huge setback for Cam.
A good contrast would be, not Russell Wilson, but rather Richard Sherman.

In his own way, Sherman is just as brash and almost as celebratory as Cam. However, when Sherman is on the short end of the score, he conducts himself with class and still gives a good interview. Not

So Cam may need 3-4 years more of emotional maturing to have a little class and grace when on the short end of the score.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Cam was exposed, he's a fair weather player and pouts when faced with adversity. Boo Hoo!

He's a big baby, and hitting him often seems to be the way to get inside his head.

After all the strutting he's revealed as a pussy. Anything he says after the postgame crybaby scene reveals how little character he's got.

253hawk

Reaction score
Last night Clown Newton ran onto the field during a 95-yard pick-six...which nullified the TD and brought the ball back. :34853_doh:

253hawk

Reaction score
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
253hawk":31xjmcl4 said:
Last night Clown Newton ran onto the field during a 95-yard pick-six...which nullified the TD and brought the ball back. :34853_doh:
After they met with officials who told them sideline violations would be a point of emphasis. :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Jville

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":t3pez4pb said:
253hawk":t3pez4pb said:
After they met with officials who told them sideline violations would be a point of emphasis. :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Apparently needs to continue to work on situation awareness. >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000684107/article/cam-newtons-sideline-celebration-costs-panthers-td[/urltargetblank]

mrt144

Reaction score
253hawk":1a8kt0xl said:
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I only trust Lebron to be fashion forward and even then, he doesn't go this far.