Why do we care about Russ anymore?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Same reason I followed A-rod after he left. We fans supported him, cheered for him, and in the end he did what he could to poison us against our own team for selfish reasons.

It’s not scorn. It’s earned malice for trying to sabotage our home team.
Do you feel the same way towards Kam? Earl? Sherm? And to a degree Bobby?

I doubt it. They all did bs stuff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If you look at the link below to my old post the date was in 2017 I knew his way
of playing QB wasn't going to last and he wasn't all he was made out to be.
I will give him props on his early days deep ball arm,2 minute drill and durability.
The stuff him and Team3 pulled in the media,the cliches and the attack behind
the backs of Pete/John disgusted me.
He threw his OL,Seahawks fans and teamates under the bus when he left for Denver.
I can't respect any of it and he has whats coming to him in full circle.
To top it off he joins yet another team i really dislike - Like seriously?
I just cannot forgive and forget easily .. I hope he gets cut by the Squeelers!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Anyone that can root for him as a member of the Steelers should be ashamed of themselves and should consider doctor assisted suicide...anyone remember xl*??

Kamcussionator

Reaction score

None of them played to the fans that they wanted to stay and were trying to work with management, all while pushing for a trade behind closed doors.

chris98251

Reaction score

When they were pissed about something they didn't try to sell it in Cashmere and Whipping cream along with God knows what from Wilson, they stated they were pissed or didn't agree and were consistent from day one as was Baldwin as well.

flv2

Reaction score
He was the face of the Seahawks franchise. That face has been removed but it hasn't been replaced, and since it's a blank space non-Seahawks folk still envision Wilson as the face in that space. That will be a league-wide narrative until 'Seahawks-Russell-Wilson' has been replaced by someone else.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was the face of the Seahawks franchise. That face has been removed but it hasn't been replaced, and since it's a blank space non-Seahawks folk still envision Wilson as the face in that space. That will be a league-wide narrative until 'Seahawks-Russell-Wilson' has been replaced by someone else.
Not it at all, he wanted to be the face, Lynch was, Sherm and Kam were, Bobby was, he hoped to have that fan love, the only people that lip locked his Jock were the ones that bought into his self hype, we all hoped he would be, after he hooked up with Ciara it all changed.

flv2

Reaction score
Not it at all, he wanted to be the face, Lynch was, Sherm and Kam were, Bobby was, he hoped to have that fan love, the only people that lip locked his Jock were the ones that bought into his self hype, we all hoped he would be, after he hooked up with Ciara it all changed.
I fully accept that that your post is true for Seahawks fans. I'm not a Seahawks fan so I couldn't answer the question as a Seahawks fan. I answered the question as an outsider and as honestly as I could. Face of the Bears - Walter Payton. Face of the Broncos - John Elway. Face of the Rams - Eric Dickerson. Face of the Seahawks - Russell Wilson. Seahawks fans will be bombarded with Russell Wilson news, no matter how much they don't want to be, because he's 1 of the few face-of-the-franchise players that are active.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
When they were pissed about something they didn't try to sell it in Cashmere and Whipping cream along with God knows what from Wilson, they stated they were pissed or didn't agree and were consistent from day one as was Baldwin as well.
Earl went to the cowboys locker after a game or mid game and begged to be a cowboy and then played coverup. Then said "i want to retire a seahawk". You can not be serious rn. Kam held out and caused issues within the locker. Bennett tuned out PC in meetings. They all preached they were together as brothers but they pulled wild stuff that caused issues within. Sherman? I agree. Sherman was mouthy and loud from the jump.

They were trying to move on from Russ(JS) before Russ became bitter. If its womp womp for Russ, its womp womp for the other guys.

To me they all did stuff that caused divide between the locker room.

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't think people really 'care' that much anymore, than that they are curious as to where our former SB QB ends up, and how he does. I doubt many spend any time thinking about him other than when it comes to adding to a post.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm getting a little soft as I get older (51)...

There is a part of me that honestly hopes Russell rebounds and has a really fulfilling and somewhat successful year.

Maybe I've watched too many sports movies. Ya know, the pride, the fall, followed by the humbling redemption.

I was bitter as hell at his departure and his lack of authenticity that never allowed me to really connect with him as a human being. That said, I can't delete the memories of watching things I thought I would never see as a lifelong Seahawks fan. 2012. Soldier Field followed by the complete evisceration of Arizona, Buffalo and SF. Beating Brady. 360 turns followed by an improbable pass to Baldwin. Feeling confident DOWN big early against Tampa (and others) at home. GB NFCCG.

Tomlin recently had a video where he talks about coaching accountability and "uncoachable players" that I surprisingly enjoyed. Russ needs coached by people not on his payroll.

If he loses the hubris, works to improve his craft as opposed to works to post social media videos, I'll have a 80's movie slow clap or head nod reserved for him.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was a fanboy for his entire career with us. But all I know now is Russell Fatigue. Good, bad or indifferent, I just don't care anymore about the man and his cringy ways. Wake me when he is inducted into the Ring of Honor and I will clap for him.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't wish anything tragic in his life or anything, but I find his personality grating, so I'm likely to continue to root against him in most games. I hope he outduels Groper Cleveland in those battles at least.

chris98251

Reaction score
What's this "we" shit?
Free to stand outside the door looking in. I think as a fan base "WE" hoping for a guy that could ignite the team and fan base when he stepped on the field, initially it seemed that way until be showed he was all ablut the M3 image and corperation.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I follow Russell on-field and somewhat off-field, as an ongoing educational project.

Russell was an underdog-conquers-world story for the first two years, then the crushing SB49 disaster happened. Over the next few years, I eventually came to see that "The Pick" in SB49 was a logical, inevitable result of who Russell was as a QB under Bevell. Russell had several elite skills in his early days, elusiveness, scramble drill, and deep ball among them. Bev made him into an elite read-option QB as well. Russell was always flawed in that he couldn't read and process defenses as well as elites like Brady and Rodgers, among others. He CAN read SOME defensive looks, like the cover-zero TD to Jermaine Kearse in NFCCG 2014 season vs. Packers, and the 4th-and-7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG 2013 season vs. Niners. The read-option, plus peak Marshawn Lynch, plus the LOB defense, got the team to two straight Super Bowls.

One of the most interesting contrasts is with Brady. Brady took underpaid deals to allow his overall team to be better, to pay more talent. Russell was the opposite, always about Me, Me, Me, and Me3. Once we paid Russell, the glory days of being a deep-playoff-run team were over. We couldn't pay enough to keep enough overall talent to prop up Russell the limited QB. Peak Lynch faded, the LOB faded through attrition, and we became a one-and-done playoff team. Russell TALKED about team and invididual greatness, but his actions and choices always showed that he was 100% about getting paid.

I wish Russell well in Pissburgh. He is probably a good fit there, with his tendency toward limiting turnovers while making some big plays on deep shots. The Steelers historically play good D and have a good running game. George Pickens will love Russell. The Steelers should do well with a limited QB with a few elite skills. Russell fits the Steelers' "winning model", IF he also runs enough read-option to keep defenses honest. I predict the Steelers to go 11-6 or even 12-5 with Russell at the helm, and win one playoff game and lose the next. They could even win two playoff games if Russell plays his best and plays within himself, and gets lucky on a couple Hero Ball plays.

How could a Hawks fan who is truly interested in ongoing education NOT be interested in following Russell?

rcaido

Reaction score
Just want to point out, Wilson took the most the Seahawks were willing to pay. So did Kam, Thomas, Sherman, & Bobby. Those guys were all paid at the top for their positions. Pretty much all the top FA QBs will get paid. I mean look at Cousin, he just got paid again. Cousins's & Herbert have a combine total of 1 playoff game win out 6. Its just odd that Wilson seem to get the most scrutiny/labeled as selfish player...Then you get guys who has done nothing getting top dollar...

Scout

Reaction score
Mike Tomlin is all about tough love. If there is one coach that can reach into Russ and bring out his best and humble him that is Mike Tomlin.

The Steelers added Arthur Smith and they are going to build an offense off of play action which means they will be adding another RB and more interior OL to achieve that. Smith already has the TE's and WRs to make his offense work. N. Harris is indeed a good fit and then Wilson can still move the pocket with his feet.

The fact that Wilson is still an accurate passer downfield means that teams can not crowd the box like they were doing against Pickett. That opens things up for Harris to grind out yards instead of facing 8 man boxes.