Why No Throwback Helmets

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
kobebryant":2oxggrx3 said:
I associate the current look with a whole lot of winning, not so much for any of the retro looks.

That's understandable, and a good point.
But I always took pride in our old uniforms. Thought they were one of the, if not THE best in the league. As an expansion team going through the struggles it was nice we had SOMETHING that was 'top of the heap'.
I associate Allen taking over the Seahawks as the fulcrum point for establishing the winning culture we enjoy now.

HawkerD

Reaction score
[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
KitsapGuy":2f6grmiq said:
New Release Seahawks Helmet Tattoo Design 1

6148836590_2bd00a5e47_o.jpg

6200406563_e7b6f9c9ce_o.jpg

08bb8d61c98df317eba3  best uniforms football fever

Looks too much like the lions...F that!

Largent80

Reaction score
Helmet and uniform threads??.....we are 10-2 people !!!!!!

How about we just keep winning and not whining?

James in PA

Reaction score
Original retro jersey with no Hawk logo on sleeve? Or more recent retro jersey with Hawk? I say go with Hawk on sleeve. Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seanhawk":1p2xm1hf said:
Seahawk Sailor":1p2xm1hf said:
OrangeGravy":1p2xm1hf said:
I say no to ever wearing the loser uniforms ever again. Let the bad teams in the bad uniforms stay in the past

Or, and hear me out here, we could erase the stigma of being "bad" during those mediocre years by playing in them and whipping everyone's ass.

Every other team in the league seems to be able to do throwbacks no problem at all, but somehow "rules" and "safety" and other stuff gets thrown around whenever the Seahawks are mentioned doing it.

That's simply not true for throwbacks that require a helmet color change. The Patriots haven't worn their awesome Pat Patriot throwbacks since the rule change. Same with the Bucs and creamsicle unis. See the link below. They haven't worn them since 2012. The rule was enacted in September 2013.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=TB

Okay. Three teams out of 32. My bad. And yes, we all ought to be able to wear those throwbacks. It'd be really special to see those old uniforms from the days of many fans' youth.

And that alternate uniform picture that keeps getting quoted in here? Yeah, it's a pretty sweet uniform as uniforms go, but I don't really care much for the Lions.