Why was there no extra point attempt...

Keyhawk

Reaction score
When we scored the touchdown at the end of the game? Not that it matters, but I thought a team gets to attempt an extra point unless it's a winning touchdown score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The rule was changed after the 2018 season, and mainly because of the extra point circus that ensued after the Vikings miracle win against the Saints in the playoffs where they forced all the players to come back out onto the field to kick the meaningless extra point.

No extra point if it doesn't affect the outcome of the game when time expires. Which I'm sure drives the gambling degenerates in Vegas crazy, but it's a good rule change.

Why? It's a waste of time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I don't give a crap cuz I don't play fantasy, but I wonder how many people would have won their fantasy game had Myers kicked the extra point successfully. I doubt many but I bet there were a few

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Isn’t there a playoff tie breaker that comes down to points scored?

kidhawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":b6f2x819 said:

Yes, which is why we were continuing to attempt to score there even though the game was already lost to us, but the rule eliminating the extra point in that situation is the same for all teams.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":249ytbgz said:
oldhawkfan":249ytbgz said:

Yes, which is why we were continuing to attempt to score there even though the game was already lost to us, but the rule eliminating the extra point in that situation is the same for all teams.
Pretty sure points is about 8 or 9 levels down on the tie breaker, just above a coin flip.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":yftt85jr said:
kidhawk":yftt85jr said:
oldhawkfan":yftt85jr said:

Pretty sure points is about 8 or 9 levels down on the tie breaker, just above a coin flip.

No doubt, you don't want it to come down to points, and it's not like it comes down to points all that often, but when you have two 3-0 teams in your division playing a rather similar schedule to your own, it increases the odds of needing that lower tiered tie breaker down the road (assuming we are still in the hunt at the end), especially if you split the season with a team (which is very likely with one or both of the teams currently above us).

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":2o08fx2p said:
oldhawkfan":2o08fx2p said:

I felt that they kept going for it as it was a live practice against opponents. The last play was nothing more than a 2pt conversion practice really

Just wished they would have practiced it earlier. In reality they should have gone for 2 as we all know earlier, kicked a FG with 35-45 seconds left and then onside kick it again

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What about people who have money on the spread?
That one point can be the difference.