Why your team sucks

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":2doim3li said:
Rex":2doim3li said:
Chapow":2doim3li said:
St. Louis Rams in the last 10 seasons, 49-110-1, no seasons over .500, and no playoff appearances.

Excellence, You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means.

EXCELLENCE: the progress I've watched will become obvious even to math majors like yourself! :0190l:

Progress, which the Rams have not had by the way (unless you mean progressively worse, see 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10 under Fisher) is not a synonym for excellence. What is obvious is that you can't do math.

The same was said this time of year 16 years ago and that team set the standard for the new millennium. While there isn't that degree of talent present I do see progress when taken as a whole equates to success, barring substantial injuries of course. You overlook the injuries for the Rams especially at QB which is stupid. Perhaps this season you will understand? Fisher has built his D line to help you learn. :0190l:

Rex

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3aejtlwy said:
The Rams: Proof that a collection of good to 'great' players doesn't make a good team.

The only great player I can think of on the Rams is Quinn and even he needs some help. Donald could be on the cusp of greatness but the D line is so dependent upon each other for success it is nice to have good depth there. Hekker may be great but too early for a punter. The Rams still have weakness at different areas most pronounced on offense. O-line is so young and untested. If anyone mentions Saffold I will :pukeface: . Folks will have to rely upon play action to a group of WR which are :180670: . What I see making the difference for this Rams team is the coaching of Jeff Fisher. :0190l:

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":21z9n4wc said:
Progress means what they've actually done, not what you think they will do. They have not made progress. Period. That is a fact, no matter how delusional you are.

Yes what they have done to this date I see as undeniable progress and so will you. :0190l:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Rex":33bdc4h8 said:
Sarlacc83":33bdc4h8 said:
The Rams: Proof that a collection of good to 'great' players doesn't make a good team.

The only great player I can think of on the Rams is Quinn and even he needs some help. Donald could be on the cusp of greatness but the D line is so dependent upon each other for success it is nice to have good depth there. Hekker may be great but too early for a punter. The Rams still have weakness at different areas most pronounced on offense. O-line is so young and untested. If anyone mentions Saffold I will :pukeface: . Folks will have to rely upon play action to a group of WR which are :180670: . What I see making the difference for this Rams team is the coaching of Jeff Fisher. :0190l:

A) Great was in quotes. For a reason.

B) Jeff Fisher is at, his best, mediocre. Sometimes he manages to rise above how completely average he is, but he always reverts to .500 or near to it. The sooner you reconcile yourself to the fact that your retread coach is merely adequate, the better for your health.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":e5evs0kf said:
Maulbert":e5evs0kf said:
Progress means what they've actually done, not what you think they will do. They have not made progress. Period. That is a fact, no matter how delusional you are.

Yes what they have done to this date I see as undeniable progress and so will you. :0190l:

[youtube]jMyD3TSXyUc[/youtube]

Rex

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1vb84xob said:
Rex":1vb84xob said:
Sarlacc83":1vb84xob said:

B) Jeff Fisher is at, his best, mediocre. Sometimes he manages to rise above how completely average he is, but he always reverts to .500 or near to it. The sooner you reconcile yourself to the fact that your retread coach is merely adequate, the better for your health.

No at his best (so far) Jeff Fisher takes his team to within 1 yard of OT in a Super Bowl instead of blowing a comeback in a Super Bowl like Petey by an INT at the goal line with Lynch begging for the ball. :th2thumbs:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":p73rhnjr said:
Sarlacc83":p73rhnjr said:
Rex":p73rhnjr said:
Sarlacc83":p73rhnjr said:

No at his best (so far) Jeff Fisher takes his team to within 1 yard of OT in a Super Bowl instead of blowing a comeback in a Super Bowl like Petey by an INT at the goal line with Lynch begging for the ball. :th2thumbs:

Completely ignoring the utter decimation of the Broncos from a year earlier. :sarcasm_on: Clearly, Fisher is superior to Carroll. :sarcasm_off:

6 winning seasons in 20 years as a head coach vs. 5 out of 9. No one but you would try to measure Fisher against Carroll.

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":3gc10unz said:
Completely ignoring the utter decimation of the Broncos from a year earlier. :sarcasm_on: Clearly, Fisher is superior to Carroll.

The Rams could have beaten that Broncos team too.......and did so last season decisively. And beat the Seahawks too. Glad you are now on board with Jeff Fisher! :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
The Rams take a step forward only due to the 49ers falling over themselves backwards, that to the one yard line in a Super Bowl he coached the Titans, wait didn't they do that against the Rams? I am sure you were rooting Fisher on like a champion!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Rex":6gn5nx4i said:
Sarlacc83":6gn5nx4i said:
Rex":6gn5nx4i said:
Sarlacc83":6gn5nx4i said:

Yeah, a few more inches. Congrats on having the Michael Crabtree of coaches.

Rex

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ngpd65v said:
Yeah, a few more inches. Congrats on having the Michael Crabtree of coaches.

That is ignorant. Fisher worked for Bud Adams. Enough said. :141847_bnono:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":2it15yx8 said:
Sarlacc83":2it15yx8 said:

The only great player I can think of on the Rams is Quinn and even he needs some help. Donald could be on the cusp of greatness but the D line is so dependent upon each other for success it is nice to have good depth there. Hekker may be great but too early for a punter. The Rams still have weakness at different areas most pronounced on offense. O-line is so young and untested. If anyone mentions Saffold I will :pukeface: . Folks will have to rely upon play action to a group of WR which are :180670: .

What I see making the difference for this Rams team is the coaching of Jeff Fisher. :0190l:

Me too...which is why the rams will finish the season within one game of .500. For all the "progress" you're touting and then following that up with a 9-7 prediction tells me that not even YOU are convinced of Fisher's abilities. I know you said "at worst", but I believe the rams will be "at best" 9-7. They will also lead the league in personal foul penalties and ejections.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":117p5vt9 said:
Rex":117p5vt9 said:
Sarlacc83":117p5vt9 said:

The only great player I can think of on the Rams is Quinn and even he needs some help. Donald could be on the cusp of greatness but the D line is so dependent upon each other for success it is nice to have good depth there. Hekker may be great but too early for a punter. The Rams still have weakness at different areas most pronounced on offense. O-line is so young and untested. If anyone mentions Saffold I will :pukeface: . Folks will have to rely upon play action to a group of WR which are :180670: .

What I see making the difference for this Rams team is the coaching of Jeff Fisher. :0190l:

Me too...which is why the rams will finish the season within one game of .500. For all the "progress" you're touting and then following that up with a 9-7 prediction tells me that not even YOU are convinced of Fisher's abilities. I know you said "at worst", but I believe the rams will be "at best" 9-7. They will also lead the league in personal foul penalties and ejections.

The way the Rams get to that record is not Fisher's coaching, it will be Tomsula's.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2t9qi9ue said:
Rex":2t9qi9ue said:
Sarlacc83":2t9qi9ue said:

I believe the Rams will at least win 3 more games this year. They won 6 last year. Therefore I predict a 50% increase in wins this season. That is progress. :0190l:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":3cctdek2 said:
rideaducati":3cctdek2 said:
Rex":3cctdek2 said:
Sarlacc83":3cctdek2 said:

I believe the Rams will at least win 3 more games this year. They won 6 last year. Therefore I predict a 50% increase in wins this season. That is progress. :0190l:

Not proven. Only in your mind.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":1kenubth said:
rideaducati":1kenubth said:
Rex":1kenubth said:
Sarlacc83":1kenubth said:

The way the Rams get to that record is not Fisher's coaching, it will be Tomsula's.

I just realized how much they look alike. Is Jim Tom a time traveler?

Attachments

• jimtomjefffish01.jpg
    jimtomjefffish01.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,772

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":1oi39qve said:
chris98251":1oi39qve said:

I just realized how much they look alike. Is Jim Tom a time traveler?

This is Jim Tom.
show_picture.pl

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":294p7ejn said:
rideaducati":294p7ejn said:
Rex":294p7ejn said:
Sarlacc83":294p7ejn said:

No, that is prognostication based solely on HOPE. Progress is a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage. The rams have actually moved farther away from any goal they had, not closer. IF, and that is a big IF, they finally win a few more games, they will have shown progress, but as of now you're just hoping because there is absolutely no reason for anyone to think they will win more games based on "progress".

The rams progression overall has been from 7-8-1 to 7-9 to 6-10...looks like regression to me.
The rams progression offensively has been from 23rd to 30th to 28th...again, where is the progress?
The rams progression defensively has been from 14th to 15th to 19th...please, show me the progress here.

Breaking down "progression" even farther both on offense and defense will only show more of the same type of "progression" with passing game vs run game going in opposite directions every year, but again, no progress.

Latest posts