Why your team sucks

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":3f0amfio said:
You do understand that the Deadspin series is parody/comedy, right?

You do understand there is nothing funny about the posts to which I responded? :141847_bnono:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":xdlj7rn4 said:
RedAlice":xdlj7rn4 said:

You do understand there is nothing funny about the posts to which I responded? :141847_bnono:

I disagree. The whole point of the series is to make fun of teams, including your own. And, I thought Ringless post was funny. Nothing to get worked up about.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":si4vbl8e said:
Rex":si4vbl8e said:
RedAlice":si4vbl8e said:

I disagree. The whole point of the series is to make fun of teams, including your own. And, I thought Ringless post was funny. Nothing to get worked up about.

I sure don't see any humor in impugning the coaching staff and Rams fans. It's been over a decade now but no way am I that beat down. I see progress, definite progress over the Spag years and with continuity at QB this team is at least 3 wins better.

Oh BTW I posted the 12's Helmet Cam thread for you. :th2thumbs:

RedAlice

Reaction score
The point is - this series and this thread is devoted to making fun of teams, even your own. It's good to be able to make fun of yourself and your team with a sense of humor. They do them for all of the teams, so it's not like the Rams and their fans are singled out.

They nailed a lot of true things about the Rams this year.

One of my favorites -

Winning games is WAY too much to ask for in St. Louis. All you can really do is isolate small moments like this and celebrate them as if they were the birth of a new child.

That is just funny. I know I get very excited over any and all positive (at least now it's not just a WR catching a ball like the Spag days).

And - I enjoyed the helmet cam. :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":m05oiluc said:
RedAlice":m05oiluc said:
Rex":m05oiluc said:
RedAlice":m05oiluc said:

I sure don't see any humor in impugning the coaching staff and Rams fans. It's been over a decade now but no way am I that beat down. I see progress, definite progress over the Spag years and with continuity at QB this team is at least 3 wins better.

Oh BTW I posted the 12's Helmet Cam thread for you. :th2thumbs:

If you want people to kiss the Rams butt, go to a Rams board. And despite what you claim, most of the criticism of the Rams and Fisher here is warranted. You have 4 winning seasons in the last 25 years, and have been worse than the Lions over the last 10 seasons. Every team in the NFC has made the playoffs at least twice since the last time the Rams made it. Those are facts, making them warranted.

ringless

Reaction score
Rex":1ma9rclx said:
ringless":1ma9rclx said:
Your 2014 record: 6-10. But such a COMPETITIVE 6-10! When Jeff Fisher is your coach, you’re in all 10 of your annual losses.

Its funny because this is what everyone knew to be true before beautiful this work of art/common sense was written!

Your coach: Jeff Fisher, who can trick you into thinking he’s a decent coach by cooking up one shocking upset and/or cool special teams play per season, like so!

Again, what was being said by all of this offseason (And last)

It just makes it funnier because its not just the Seahawks, Cardinals, and 49ers fans that feel this way. Its anyone who has watched them play or had experience playing against a Jeff F team .

Winning games is WAY too much to ask for in St. Louis. All you can really do is isolate small moments like this and celebrate them as if they were the birth of a new child.

You yourself seem to be celebrating these small wins as well.... I understand you guys beat the Broncos as well... But upsets happen all the time in the NFL (EVERY SINGLE WEEK)

Its true though, you guys do manage to stack a lot of talent, they just never play like a team. A lot of that has to do with coaching... Coaching is the problem on the team, more-so than the talent as it has been for several years now.

I wonder how many teams have beaten both Super Bowl teams the following year? The Rams did and did so with backup QBs.....AS IN PLURAL. :0190l: Broncos put up over 40 points on Arizona beating them like a drum with Palmer at QB! :17:

The Rams have been hit with horrific bad luck for years now and it has to change so why not this season? :0190l:

REX, Palmer did not play that game. We were within a one possession game with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter with the ball when our third string QB came in to finish the game.... The Cardinals had horrific luck last year as well and still managed to win 11 games

Anyways, Just like the Rams.. The cardinals will have one as well, so will the 49ers and Seahawks. I think they are great! Especially the 2013 one on the Cardinals. It had my literally dying and drowning in tears of laughter

Rex

Reaction score
OK my mistake. I will fix it.

(Done but still shows Palmer when quoted. Sorry. :34853_doh: )

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":1iadot0b said:
Then the Rams are due.

No one can fault someone for being a fan, but sometimes a dose of reality is required. Not one person here has a problem with you predicting Rams success, it's more the issue you stating opinion as fact. The Rams are probably due from an odds standpoint, but all bets are off when the games start (if you take my meaning). Just ask the Chiefs, Lions, Bengals, Bills, and Browns.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Been to several Ram games. You get the sense those people really do have that stuck in the back of their minds. I live 3 hours away in SW MO and never hear or see much of anything about the Rams. It's Chief country. Then again, it's not anybody cares that much about the Chiefs either. People say STL is a BB town, please. MO is baseball STATE because the Royals are rocking too.

It's all about winning with most all fans. That's it. Nothing more.

If the Rams and Cards switched production over the last ten years then it would be the Rams with a new stadium and the Cards threatening to move because they can't compete in a "football town." So lame.

Rex

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2piezp5u said:
Been to several Ram games. You get the sense those people really do have that stuck in the back of their minds. I live 3 hours away in SW MO and never hear or see much of anything about the Rams. It's Chief country. Then again, it's not anybody cares that much about the Chiefs either. People say STL is a BB town, please. MO is baseball STATE because the Royals are rocking too.

It's all about winning with most all fans. That's it. Nothing more.

If the Rams and Cards switched production over the last ten years then it would be the Rams with a new stadium and the Cards threatening to move because they can't compete in a "football town." So lame.

KC is a football town first. When the Royals are good they will draw well too. St. Louis is a baseball town first for obvious reasons. However all a football team has to show is that they are mildly competitive and St. Louis fills that stadium. Back in the early to mid 2000s when the Cardinals and the Rams were competitive both tickets were equally hard to get.

I don't know much about your part of the state but the midwest in general is huge baseball country.

Rex

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2o1f5vrw said:
Rex":2o1f5vrw said:
Then the Rams are due.
So are the Seattle Mariners, and look how it's turned out for them.

What? You mean Brendan Ryan didn't do the trick? :34853_doh:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rex":ck8ho9n3 said:
Sports Hernia":ck8ho9n3 said:
Rex":ck8ho9n3 said:
Then the Rams are due.
So are the Seattle Mariners, and look how it's turned out for them.

What? You mean Brendan Ryan didn't do the trick? :34853_doh:

Not like anyone was counting on him to be a star. But his glove was almost enough to ignore his anemic BA.... almost.

NINEster

Reaction score
I'd withhold making fun of the Rams until at least September 14th.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Can we please get back to having fun at another team's expense instead of this all too serious nonsense? It's a game; stop taking it so seriously. Series like Why Your Team Sucks are good (hilarious) fun and smart reminders to just relax.

ringless

Reaction score
Just so you guys know they are doing it in Draft order (or the more you suck order) hence The Rams first, and 49ers second ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qf4crq6y said:
Can we please get back to having fun at another team's expense instead of this all too serious nonsense? It's a game; stop taking it so seriously. Series like Why Your Team Sucks are good (hilarious) fun and smart reminders to just relax.

Unfortunately, unless it was a typo, there won't be any new ones for a week.

Latest posts