Will MacDonald be patient with DK’s antics?

Mizak

Reaction score
Something tells me he isn’t gonna take any shit from DK. If Odell Beckham can behave while he was on the Ravens, surely DK can also.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I feel like he's figured it out and for the most part that's behind him. I love his enthusiasm for blocking. Makes me hopeful he can still improve his game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
For the amount of “DK this, DK that…” threads, there should be a poll on if you love or hate DK….

That things gotta be 70/30 I’m guessing, with 70 percent of posters here love DK and 30 percent want DK gone…

Just my guess…

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Maybe this is me being optimistic, but I felt like something shifted with DK last season. At some point halfway through the season he decided he was going to be "him". I have extremely high expectations for him in 2024.

xray

Reaction score
When you're one of the best players on the team , you can get away with a lot of BS . PC looked the other way , hopefully MacDonald won't . If a player is being a punk...bench that punk . imo

Hawknight

Reaction score
For the amount of “DK this, DK that…” threads, there should be a poll on if you love or hate DK….

That things gotta be 70/30 I’m guessing, with 70 percent of posters here love DK and 30 percent want DK gone…

Just my guess…
For some, it's a catch 22...I personally love DK...point being, we the Seahawks team are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future, i.e. Superbowl in the upcoming season and possibly next...DK is highly talented, possible eventual Hall of Famer..with that being said...I would love to have DK on our team, but with his current talent, our current situation and the value he does possess for a trade to another team...it would amount for him to excel on his skills for eventual Hall of Fame by playing for a team on the verge of taking it to the Superbowl, instead of wasting such talents on a team going through a rebuild. It would be a loss of talent for sure, but we could boost the team in the near future while losing out on a highly talented player in the short term. It's a win/win however painful.

xray

Reaction score
For some, it's a catch 22...I personally love DK...point being, we the Seahawks team are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future, i.e. Superbowl in the upcoming season and possibly next...DK is highly talented, possible eventual Hall of Famer..with that being said...I would love to have DK on our team, but with his current talent, our current situation and the value he does possess for a trade to another team...it would amount for him to excel on his skills for eventual Hall of Fame by playing for a team on the verge of taking it to the Superbowl, instead of wasting such talents on a team going through a rebuild. It would be a loss of talent for sure, but we could boost the team in the near future while losing out on a highly talented player in the short term. It's a win/win however painful.
^
Metcalf ain't going anywhere .

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Well the question is how fast can this team become contenders again and if DK is still in his prime when that occurs??

I think Seattle needs around 3-4 years to be solid contenders again.

DK may be leaving his prime at the end of those 3-4 years….

If you’re going to trade for DK, I guess if the return right now is a significant haul, you think about trading him now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if in 2-3 years DK is traded then…

Hawknight

Reaction score
Well the question is how fast can this team become contenders again and if DK is still in his prime when that occurs??

I think Seattle needs around 3-4 years to be solid contenders again.

DK may be leaving his prime at the end of those 3-4 years….

If you’re going to trade for DK, I guess if the return right now is a significant haul, you think about trading him now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if in 2-3 years DK is traded then…
Also, you would need to factor in the cost of keeping him on the team right now, is it worth such a high cost paying him while it may be some time before the team does contend? The money saved/assortment of draft picks now could be used over the course of several positions to reach the point of contention. As quoted in Star Trek " Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Also, you would need to factor in the cost of keeping him on the team right now, is it worth such a high cost paying him while it may be some time before the team does contend? The money saved/assortment of draft picks now could be used over the course of several positions to reach the point of contention. As quoted in Star Trek " Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".
Well, if you deciding that DK is worth paying right now. Who is worth paying right now on the team that at least makes the team that much better?

There are some talent on rookie deals right now and Seattle isn’t paying for a lot of players other than the dead money still owed to certain players.

If you remove DK’s salary, do you operate with just a surplus of untapped budget for salaries of players??

Would Seattle be more so unwatchable on offense???

I get the problem with paying players and not paying players but what’s the alternative if DK (who’s a proven commodity) is traded, take draft picks, use them, and live with the results of those players? And hope they combine to be more worth it than DK? If that’s the plan then do it!

I think currently Seattle is a better team with DK than without DK but it’ll come down to roster construction wants of Schneider and Macdonald…

Me thinks, Schneider loves him some DK!!

And DK will probably stick around….

Just my guess….but I can be wrong….

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The Ravens aren't exactly choir boys, nor is Michigan.

I'm not sure what his style will be yet, but he can work with aggressive dudes.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I feel he will be used differently under Grubbs. And by differently I mean actually used. He wants the ball and I want to see him get the ball. If that happens I think his antics are behind him. I feel, as stated ahead of me, that he turned the corner on this last season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Just my guess…

Let's find out. Why not...It's the silly season...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I feel he will be used differently under Grubbs. And by differently I mean actually used. He wants the ball and I want to see him get the ball. If that happens I think his antics are behind him. I feel, as stated ahead of me, that he turned the corner on this last season.
I dunno. I think he was used decently enough. It was a low volume year in terms of catches, but he still got 7.43 targets per game (119/16, as he missed a game).

That's the 27th highest target rate in the league, and that's while sharing the field with Tyler Lockett. Not too shabby.

Given that DK is a deep threat with the 5th highest yards per catch in the league in 2023, I think he was targeted an appropriate amount and produced at a level commensurate to his usage. That was his second most productive year yardage wise.

xray

Reaction score
Imo , Metcalf will leave when his contract is up after the 2025 season anyway ; especially if there isn't a real path to the SB for the Hawks by then . If the Hawks are still struggling to take the next step two years from now , I think he will want to go play for a contender . All these dudes want a ring if possible .

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I can see DK either being the poster boy or whipping boy of what I think will be Mac’s core ethos: Be Physical, Be Fast, Be Aggressive, Be Whatever You Need To Be But Always, Always, Make The Smartest Play. Mind Over Matter. Progress over Regress.

If Mac can get DK to follow suit then others will get the picture and buy into it out of respect. Or something like it.

If Mac can’t get DK to follow suit, then you make an example of him, and hopefully he eventually gets it or you cut ties, forcing others to buy into it out of fear. Or something like it.

xray

Reaction score
I can see DK either being the poster boy or whipping boy of what I think will be Mac’s core ethos: Be Physical, Be Fast, Be Aggressive, Be Whatever You Need To Be But Always, Always, Make The Smartest Play. Mind Over Matter. Progress over Regress.

If Mac can get DK to follow suit then others will get the picture and buy into it out of respect. Or something like it.

If Mac can’t get DK to follow suit, then you make an example of him, and hopefully he eventually gets it or you cut ties, forcing others to buy into it out of fear. Or something like it.
Give the trouble maker a ' Blanket Party ' . ;)