Will Seattle win this division?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Just as a point of reference, here are Inpredictable's (betting market's) current odds to win the NFC West:
Cardinals 59%
Seahawks 26%
49ers 14%

(The other 1% was presumably lost in rounding; it's not with St. Louis or something.)

Will be curious as to what FO and 538 have to say on the same question.

RiverDog

Reaction score
CardsForever":2yp6vixw said:
MidwestHawker":2yp6vixw said:
I think that if the Seahawks win the game in Glendale (I won't be as cocky about that one as I was about this home date) then they have a pretty decent chance to win the division. I do tend to think that the Cards land at 11-5 on the season, so I think it's very likely within Seattle's control to overtake them. With that said, these next two games are tough.

If we lose on Thursday then we allow Arizona a chance to go back up by three games, and if that happens with only four games left then probably forget it. If we win on Thursday we'll be breathing right down Arizona's necks. If this week sees a combo of Seattle win/Arizona loss, I'll absolutely believe that Seattle is winning the division.

A Seattle win combined with an Arizona loss would in my opinion give the Seahawks the edge on winning this division. Seattle would still be a game back but given the fact they play each other again with the division on the line you have to like Seattle's chances. Combine that with the fact that if they lose to the Falcons the wheels will have officially fallen off. I don't know if they'll be able to recover from that loss. I think it's a must win game for Arizona this week to maintain their two game lead on either Seattle or San Fran.

Glad you're sticking here, CF. I like hearing from different fans from different fan bases from around the country. You seem like a decent guy.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3jjuvd36 said:
FO says...
Cards 62%
Seahawks 20%
49ers 18%
Seahawks win on Thanksgiving would bump our percentage at least up to 30-35%, because basically all we would need is a home win vs. 49ers to eliminate them, then @Cards for the division (assuming the cards don't go 3-0 vs the Falcons, Chiefs and Rams)

Latest posts