Votes: 51 50.5%
  • No playoffs for you.

Votes: 50 49.5%

• Total voters

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19qnmim7 said:
loafoftatupu":19qnmim7 said:
Could I see them missing the playoffs? Sure, but something extraordinary would have to happen for that to occur.
I think that the Niners are going to have a few early struggles, like that week 1 game against Dallas. That could resemble the week 1 of 2013 Packers game as a display of offense. Especially with the fresh look secondary playing behind a front that is missing Bowman and Smith. On the flip side the Boys' don't have a defense so the Niners could be in a shootout on the road.

But I will assume that come the end of the season that the Hawks and Niners are within a game of each other just like the last 2 seasons.
Naw, the Cowpatties game will be an easy walk for the whiners in week one..... You, I, iRo, The Radish and 7 more of our friends could put up more of a fight than little D's world's worst defense..... Unless Kraepperchoke gets arrested on the way to the game it won't be close IMHO........

Could I keek the ball????

Giedi

Reaction score
hawkfan68":9g8nvhpx said:
Losing Navorro Bowman hurts the 49ers significantly. He's the catalyst for the front 7 of their defense. He allows to Willis to play loose. Willis is still the best player on their defense not Smith, IMO. The 49ers success is based on a top defense and it's taken a few hits going into next season. I think they are still better than the Cards or the Rams but the gap is closing.
Yes losing Bowman hurts. I think the 49er defense will take a step back *unless* the rookies and 2nd year players perform at the level of the departed and injured veterans (which is not likely). The hope is that the 49er offense somehow offsets the decline in the defense to some extent. This division is a tough one to play in. Any team making the playoffs from this division deserves it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think losing Bowman like that will have too much of an impact, but I have said it before, any games that Smith misses while Bowman is out will cost them something.

The rest is just speculation. Can Willis elevate his game in his 8th season? Cowboy? Brooks is no spring chicken either. Those guys all play at a high level that most never obtain. It would be unreasonable to think they can do more. Bowman is an amazing player, his speed will be missed.

I think that the Niners offense will attempt to offset the cost and it can. Not because CK is going to be a better passer, I don't think he will actually grow that much, but his involvement with the run game can really help the Niners sustain drives.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":2oza2av5 said:
I'm not going to believe they are fading until I see evidence on the field.

All this talk is just that talk.

:les:
This. I need to see it to believe it Harbaugh has a record of 36-11-1 with mostly the same team.

chris98251

Reaction score
As much as many way want them not to make the playoffs I don't see that happening, they have went the way of the redshirt also and have been developing depth and youth, they will not be going away anytime soon, a dip in performance maybe initially as the replacements get adjusted to real game speed and techniques, but the coaching staff is to good to let things slide much.

If Harbaugh leaves for any reason is when I see a drop in the 49ers ability to be a contender, not until.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think there will be much change at all in the West. As things stand, both the Niners and Hawks retain their core. There just isn't much to change the path they are on.

The Niners could win the division, but there is not a lot at this point to convince me that they will. It is going to take a lot more than talk about a target on their back or what other teams not named Seahawks did after winning the Super Bowl to lead me anywhere other than the same kind of success they have enjoyed.

The Niners aren't going anywhere, but neither are the Hawks. They will both be in the playoffs again.

Brahn

Reaction score
Niners are a top 2-5 team in the NFL. If they miss the playoffs it is time for front office changes.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Brahn":6fwje4r8 said:
Niners are a top 2-5 team in the NFL. If they miss the playoffs it is time for front office changes.

If they miss the playoffs it is going to be for something extraordinary, like catastrophic injuries to a chunk of players. It won't be because of anything the front office did. The NFCW is the baddest of the baddest right now just on the Hawks and Niners alone. They will send two teams to the playoffs the next few years.

That would be so awesome if the Niners and Hawks are the NFCC for a couple more. It will get more attention than the SB. We are talking serious history going down if that happens that will mark an era. I would like it better if it took place in the Clink though.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
chris98251":2raj8zup said:
As much as many way want them not to make the playoffs I don't see that happening, they have went the way of the redshirt also and have been developing depth and youth, they will not be going away anytime soon, a dip in performance maybe initially as the replacements get adjusted to real game speed and techniques, but the coaching staff is to good to let things slide much.

If Harbaugh leaves for any reason is when I see a drop in the 49ers ability to be a contender, not until.

Real question. How do we know the 49ers are deep? I have heard this many times, but nothing to prove it. The play their starters 90 to 80% of all plays. They do not rotate people. How does anyone know they are deep?

Know I may be wrong and their back ups play more than that but I remember reading somewhere this offseason and thinking wow they don't have any rotation.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3fojccry said:
chris98251":3fojccry said:

Real question. How do we know the 49ers are deep? I have heard this many times, but nothing to prove it. The play their starters 90 to 80% of all plays. They do not rotate people. How does anyone know they are deep?

Know I may be wrong and their back ups play more than that but I remember reading somewhere this offseason and thinking wow they don't have any rotation.

Mostly the same way we look at our depth, they drafted some quality and stashed them, seasoned them and let them work against a very good group of players, I do not suffer Harbaugh a fool, he has proven he can put a team on the feild in the Pros and in college the same as our own coach.

Brahn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3gjv0cc4 said:
Brahn":3gjv0cc4 said:

If they miss the playoffs it is going to be for something extraordinary, like catastrophic injuries to a chunk of players. It won't be because of anything the front office did. The NFCW is the baddest of the baddest right now just on the Hawks and Niners alone. They will send two teams to the playoffs the next few years.

That would be so awesome if the Niners and Hawks are the NFCC for a couple more. It will get more attention than the SB. We are talking serious history going down if that happens that will mark an era. I would like it better if it took place in the Clink though.

I feel even with the injuries they are talented enough to compete at the top of the league. The reason for the FO is due to the fact if they are unable to replace injuries with quality players than they have dropped the ball recently in the draft and the loss of depth talent would be telling.

brettb3

Reaction score
chris98251":1jxz7ohu said:
Fudwamper":1jxz7ohu said:
chris98251":1jxz7ohu said:

Mostly the same way we look at our depth, they drafted some quality and stashed them, seasoned them and let them work against a very good group of players, I do not suffer Harbaugh a fool, he has proven he can put a team on the feild in the Pros and in college the same as our own coach.
I'm not sure about that. We have some unproven depth on the d-line, but other than that, our depth is much more proven than the Niners'.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I think one of the defining aspects of the Hawks season last year was the success of your backups filling in and playing like 1st rounders. Guys like Maxwell and Smith. O line too, that held together reasonably all year through the injuries.
I see the Niners depth getting tested considerably this year.
If Tank Carradine pans out, the pass rush could be filthy.
And it better be, cuz I think there is alot of wishful thinking going on with our DB's.
Cris Cook? come on now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":18gra23l said:
Fudwamper":18gra23l said:
chris98251":18gra23l said:

They stashed them and remember that every time one of theirs gets dropped, we pick him up or vice versa. So you are looking at a practice squad that is aggressive as all get out. Both teams are what the rest of the league is trying to emulate now.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Weadoption":vwlfgmkj said:
I think one of the defining aspects of the Hawks season last year was the success of your backups filling in and playing like 1st rounders. Guys like Maxwell and Smith. O line too, that held together reasonably all year through the injuries.
I see the Niners depth getting tested considerably this year.
If Tank Carradine pans out, the pass rush could be filthy.
And it better be, cuz I think there is alot of wishful thinking going on with our DB's.
Cris Cook? come on now.

Goof post and I am curious which you think is more likely. Will Tank become elite or will Cowboy and Gore drop off production wise this year? You could put Bolding in that conversation also.

Also do you think Kilgore will be an adequate replacement for Goodwin? Or will the rookie beat out Kilgore?

I am extra curious about the center position because we went through a phase of putrid play from Chris Spencer a few years back. He was a guy Ruskell drafted in the 1st round to replace JP Darche. We obviously had high hopes for Spencer but he just never got it. He is now a back up Guard in Chicago.

Seems many take the center position for granted but it really is the QB of the O-line and a good one makes a huge difference just as much as a bad one or inexperienced one can hurt you.

drdiags

Reaction score
Minor correction. Spencer was drafted to eventually replace Tobeck. Darche was the LS. Who eventually got replaced by Stutz, Boone and a cast of dozens by Ruskell. And then there was my boy, the punter Plakenmeier (sp?). And extra kicker Coutu. Ruskell had a hell of a time getting STs in order.

Thankfully Schneider and Pete found Gresham.

HansGruber

Reaction score
They won't make the playoffs. This is the year that Arizona or St Louis finally get over the hump and knock them out.

SF's window has closed.

I did find a lot of humor in some of these posts though. Especially reading that Krapperdink is one of the best QBs in the NFL away from Seattle and is fairly error free (uhhhh, what? stats don't support that argument at all) and that Crabtree is above average. That's hilarious. He's hyped above average but has never played above average. In fact, in 5 full seasons, he has never caught a single TD against the Seahawks. He's a Lockette kind of guy, lots of potential that never became anything.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Oh and Seattle will go 2-0 against SF this season.

This is the year that Harbaugh begins his meltdown and it's going to be quite the fireworks show.

As to depth, every opportunity the SF depth has gotten has not looked good. I'm not scared

BASF

Reaction score
HansGruber":2xac3506 said:
They won't make the playoffs. This is the year that Arizona or St Louis finally get over the hump and knock them out.

SF's window has closed.

I did find a lot of humor in some of these posts though. Especially reading that Krapperdink is one of the best QBs in the NFL away from Seattle and is fairly error free (uhhhh, what? stats don't support that argument at all) and that Crabtree is above average. That's hilarious. He's hyped above average but has never played above average. In fact, in 5 full seasons, he has never caught a single TD against the Seahawks. He's a Lockette kind of guy, lots of potential that never became anything.

While the giraffe still has the same completion percentage when you eliminate the Seahawks games, his TD/INT skyrockets: 20 TD to 4 INT's. When playing the Seahawks: 1 TD to 4 INT's. Let's not pretend that the giraffe isn't a good QB simply because we own him.

As far as Crabtree his 2012 was well above average.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":ci7jajhl said:
Oh and Seattle will go 2-0 against SF this season.

This is the year that Harbaugh begins his meltdown and it's going to be quite the fireworks show.

As to depth, every opportunity the SF depth has gotten has not looked good. I'm not scared

That would be very entertaining, but I am going to assume that the Hawks and Niners split until they dont. The schedule does actually favor Seattle with the second of the closely separated games taking place in the Clink.

Harbadouche has a meltdown every week and the Niners still play good football, I don't see them falling apart in 2014 as much as I would enjoy it. AZ and STL still just don't have the consistency. That could change, but it is going to take more than hype for either of them to unseat the digits.

I like the potential though.