Will the Panthers go undefeated in the regular season?

Will the Panthers go undefeated in the regular season?

• Yes. Falcons, Giants, and Bucs will pose no threat.

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • No. They lose at least one. Division games are never easy.

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2jjes5mb said:
Lot of chest thumping over a 12-0 team..

Panthers deserve the credit. Maybe not the "best" 12-0 team ever, but think about what you're saying. 12-0 is still pretty good, regardless of contributing factors.

They can throw the ball around the field and have a solid defense. I think they are the best team in the NFC, with this version of the Seahawks right behind them. I'd love for that to somehow be the NFC Championship game

Good post. Even if they lose this weekend, 16 games is still the longest regular season streak in NFC history. If I remember correct the Hawks had a very weak schedule in 2005 but were certainly a fresher team in late January not having to go on the road 4 straight weeks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Giants will beat them, then the Panthers will rest everyone in W17.

So I pick 14-2

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
That's a tough call. On one hand, those remaining games look like fairly easy wins. On the other, it's quite hard to do, dividion games are no gimmies, and they'll probably be resting guys by week 16 or 17. Likelier than not they'll drop one, but I don't know that they really have to if they really try not to.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I still have a feeling they could be a one and done team in the playoffs...be fun to watch Cam cry afterwards...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Panthers are finally starting to get banged up. Jonathan Stewart is expected to miss this week's game against the Giants. Olsen is banged up as well but I think he is expected to play.

Carolina is caught in a bit of a pickle. They will need to decide if they want to start to rest players and get healthy for playoffs are go for the perfect record.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
If these three games were in the middle of the season, then you'd pretty much say yah, they're gonna win 'em. But it gets weird at the end with desperate teams in the mix combined with the likelihood of resting guys. (Didn't the coach pretty much come out and say he didn't care about being undefeated?)

I hope they do pull it off, though. Specifically, it'll devalue what the Cheats did and at the same time demote the whole feat from "Whoah, something super awesome" to "Something that happens once in a while with a decent team, some breaks and a favorable schedule."

They've had a neat year, but in terms of greatness? They're about like the '05 Hawks, or the first Panthers team that went to the Super Bowl, or the Atlanta team that fluked past Minnesota only to get mutilated by sniveling John Elway. A good team, but ultimately forgettable outside its own fanbase.

el capitan

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2yamcjv5 said:
They've had a neat year, but in terms of greatness? They're about like the '05 Hawks, or the first Panthers team that went to the Super Bowl, or the Atlanta team that fluked past Minnesota only to get mutilated by sniveling John Elway. A good team, but ultimately forgettable outside its own fanbase.

That might be the most remarkable thing about the Panthers, they could go 19-0 and win it all but you could probably still name at least a dozen teams that lost in the Super Bowl that are better than them.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":153w2upw said:
The Panthers are finally starting to get banged up. Jonathan Stewart is expected to miss this week's game against the Giants. Olsen is banged up as well but I think he is expected to play.

Carolina is caught in a bit of a pickle. They will need to decide if they want to start to rest players and get healthy for playoffs are go for the perfect record.

I think it depends on the player. In the case of Stewart, Panther fans are ecstatic that he's been healthy this long and are happy to see him sit and rest. There's also excitement to see Cameron Artis-Payne, who they spent a 5th round pick on and was 1st team All-SEC, and see how he looks compared to other rookie RBs.

Rex

Reaction score
I hope the Panthers go undefeated throughout if not facing an NFC West opponent. Would love to see the '72 Dolphins surpassed.

253hawk

Reaction score
253hawk":8ks7c1te said:
No. They have the third easiest schedule in the league, still only won half of their games by a single possession, and they've only played two teams with a winning record -- us and Green Bay. Their luck won't hold out forever. I think Atlanta takes them down as 4 of their 6 losses were by a combined 11 points. Plus they haven't played each other yet, and Dan Quinn will get two cracks at them in a three week span.

Called it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Largent80":26d7mcme said:
I just wish they would have played us with the current Hawks team, not that pile we put on the field back then. They are going to lose one of those games and frankly they look beatable.

Ummm, Yeah, what HE said.

Latest posts