Willie McGinest Arrested

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This was a weird headline I read yesterday. Apparently Willie was caught on video punching a guy in a club on 12/9, even using a bottle at one point to hit him with a few times. They arrested him yesterday morning for assault with a deadly weapon. He posted bail and has a court date tomorrow.

Shocking to me because I've been watching him on NFL Network/Total Access for years and he always seems like a class act and not the kind of character or personality you would think would find himself in that type of situation. I don't pretend to know any of the facts or circumstances so I will try to hold judgement but the video isn't pretty for his cause.

Yes I get this is a TMZ link which is kind of the National Enquirer of modern media but they are the only one I found that has the video:

chris98251

Reaction score
The problem about being recognizable is people seem to think you have no personal space, I will wait till it all comes out of course, but he was a pretty bad ass player, you have to have an edge to your personality to be that, right button pushed and or provocation and where he isn't a player now he still has a level of bad ass under all that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Willie is a Trojan, and I want to think well of him. But that video just looks BAD. If that is indeed him, I don't see how he can possibly justify his actions.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The problem about being recognizable is people seem to think you have no personal space, I will wait till it all comes out of course, but he was a pretty bad ass player, you have to have an edge to your personality to be that, right button pushed and or provocation and where he isn't a player now he still has a level of bad ass under all that.

In truth, no one has the right to not be identified in public.

5thgen

Reaction score
Looks like felony assault to me. Imagine eating dinner with your family and a group of thugs jump you out of nowhere.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The dude that got beat, probably f*cked Willie's wife.

I was going to add or maybe he said some really baaaaaad things about his wife or something. Again, we don't know the story but any way you slice it, that video is not a good look for him and likely at the very least cost him his gig with the NFL Network.

Warren Sapp used to be on NFL Network as well years ago but ended soliciting a prostitute that cost him his gig on the show. Heath Evans was terminated over a sexual harassment charge...

Found some past articles...

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Saw this video yesterday & it looked like (if it is)him & his friends went looking for this guy & after starting the assault his buddies took over & worked him over pretty good.

His career @ the NFL Network is done if this is him. I can't really come up with a plausible scenario where the public will back him & just be okay with a blatant assault.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
This was a weird headline I read yesterday. Apparently Willie was caught on video punching a guy in a club on 12/9, even using a bottle at one point to hit him with a few times. They arrested him yesterday morning for assault with a deadly weapon. He posted bail and has a court date tomorrow.

Shocking to me because I've been watching him on NFL Network/Total Access for years and he always seems like a class act and not the kind of character or personality you would think would find himself in that type of situation. I don't pretend to know any of the facts or circumstances so I will try to hold judgement but the video isn't pretty for his cause.

Yes I get this is a TMZ link which is kind of the National Enquirer of modern media but they are the only one I found that has the video:

probably not excusable. but i wanna hear his side of the story tbh.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Gotta love the cheap shot even though you look to be a 100 lbs heavier as well as having two of your buddies jump in too. I don't care what the circumstance was Willie looks soft here and is a clown.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Willie is a Trojan, and I want to think well of him. But that video just looks BAD. If that is indeed him, I don't see how he can possibly justify his actions.
OJ was a Trojan, too. ; )

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't see how there's any justification for this. The guy is just sitting there. Even if he ****** Willies wife or talked shit about her or him or whatever, that's not even close to legitimizing a physical attack on this guy.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
All I know is he either needs to get a better belt or a smaller waistline for his pants...maybe he was trying to give the victim a drink from the bottle? Getting gang beaten is tiring...