Wilson after the INT

rideaducati

Reaction score
I bet the guy that got trucked is gonna get blasted in the film room. Was it Borland?

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
rideaducati":3fq5u0vi said:
I bet the guy that got trucked is gonna get blasted in the film room. Was it Borland?
Not only trucked, but hurt. Russell took on 3, 4 Ninners, virtually tackled the ball carrier AND injured one of their linebackers in the process. (Not that injuries are okay, just sayin' Russell is a BAAAD MAAAN.)

seahawks08

Reaction score
The read was different, RW thought of throwing it early before the safety can up and tackle, Doug thought of going across. The read of wrong based on the defensive stance, RW thought one way, and Doug reacted a different way. I think it is more of an anticipatory throw and not accuracy in my opinion.

evergreen

Reaction score
I admire Wilson for cleaning up his own mess. But the correct move is to kick the Field Goal. He made that awesome TD to Tate last year against Atlanta with almost the same time and distance. Tate caught it with one hand and one second left in the half. Still Atlanta wasn't the #3 defense. We all know about not taking field goals in 2012 playoffs. KC?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3us1po59 said:
The pass sailed high and back. If it were lower and more forward of Baldwin, it was a touchdown. And the hustle after the interception was outstanding.
So, in other words, if Wilson had thrown a good pass instead of a crap one, we'd have scored a touchdown or something. I agree.

davidonmi

Reaction score
MysterMatt":29t4s3ci said:
Seahawk Sailor":29t4s3ci said:
The pass sailed high and back. If it were lower and more forward of Baldwin, it was a touchdown. And the hustle after the interception was outstanding.
So, in other words, if Wilson had thrown a good pass instead of a crap one, we'd have scored a touchdown or something. I agree.
debatable
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 2562f4c35d
he also had a guy right in his face as he tried to throw.
I thought they should've kicked on second down, knew it was going to cost them

HawkWow

Reaction score
8 seconds is a ton of time. Plenty of time to get a play off while leaving a tick or 2 on the clock. Certainly the call was for Wilson to throw it away if the play was not there. You'd really be reaching to give Russ props at all on this play. Sure tackler or not, he cost us 3.

I'm not going to do the "and I'm a Wilson fan" thing. This board gets stupid. We should be able to critique our players without having some dimwit question our loyalty to team or player. He's a fantastic young QB that made a rare, boneheaded play. 30 minutes later he was taking a knee.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
HawkWow":nspu0cux said:
8 seconds is a ton of time. Plenty of time to get a play off while leaving a tick or 2 on the clock. Certainly the call was for Wilson to throw it away if the play was not there. You'd really be reaching to give Russ props at all on this play. Sure tackler or not, he cost us 3.

I'm not going to do the "and I'm a Wilson fan" thing. This board gets stupid. We should be able to critique our players without having some dimwit question our loyalty to team or player. He's a fantastic young QB that made a rare, boneheaded play. 30 minutes later he was taking a knee.

I don't think anyone questions it was a poor choice and a bad throw. It's what are you gonna do after? Accept that we won and people make bad throws once in a while. The op was about commending the grit and attitude after he made the boneheaded mistake.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2s3n4zo5 said:

Ding, ding ding!!! Winner!! The Hawks routinely practice that play in that situation. They have also executed it more than once, and will go back to it if presented with similar circumstances. Sheesh, the throw was not ill-advised...Russ just threw it too high...THAT'S ALL!

Does anybody actually take time to listen to the info put out after games?

AVL

Reaction score
I'm tired of watching "fans" pick his scabs. Let's stretch him or trade him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Wilson made a bigger play against Michigan State where he threw a long INT on a crucial drive. The defensive back dodged the first tackler getting ready for a big return but then suddenly a speedy badger shoots into the screen to tackle him hard. I couldnt believe it was our little qb who got down field so fast after the throw to make such a nice tackle. I had to slo-mo replay twice to see that it was indeed Wilson making this play about 20 yards downfield.
So memorable but was not highlighted much on tv.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Nothing new here for Russell, remember two years ago as he lead the block for lynch against the Skins on the td run. He's just a team guy, will do all he can to help out. Gotta admire the guy but would prefer he does it with regard for himself. Selfless either way, and so glad we have him! Go Hawks

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":cclcwdqo said:

I agree with everything but the 8 seconds part. 8 is not a lot of time. Russell can make 15+ second plays and there is also the risk of a sack (especially with our front line). He made a bad throw but should have never been in that situation. A field goal should have been attempted. Plus there is always the risk of an interception:)

Melencause

Reaction score
Sealake80":2jxusazd said:
No pout in our man RW after and INT. He goes Beast. Seriously for me - that hustle and hit right there was the play of the game. An INT by our QB is the play of the game for me folks. That there explains everything. Character and grit and a never give up attitude. Their guy had an army around him and Wilson took them all on. Fearlessly. We will win more SB with Wilson guaranteed if he stays healthy. Before he retires people will call him the greatest leader in NFL history. That's my play of the game and my prophesy. I saw beast in him. Think he probably - like every true hawk has learned a ton from Lynch. Go Hawks

The part of that play that stood out to me was the complete lack of hustle from Carpenter. Dude was just jogging as the ball runs by him.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Melencause":3abzgx6n said:
Sealake80":3abzgx6n said:
No pout in our man RW after and INT. He goes Beast. Seriously for me - that hustle and hit right there was the play of the game. An INT by our QB is the play of the game for me folks. That there explains everything. Character and grit and a never give up attitude. Their guy had an army around him and Wilson took them all on. Fearlessly. We will win more SB with Wilson guaranteed if he stays healthy. Before he retires people will call him the greatest leader in NFL history. That's my play of the game and my prophesy. I saw beast in him. Think he probably - like every true hawk has learned a ton from Lynch. Go Hawks

The part of that play that stood out to me was the complete lack of hustle from Carpenter. Dude was just jogging as the ball runs by him.

I noticed that too. It was like he assumed someone else would tackle Reid, so Carp just let him run by. No effort whatsoever.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
I meant for this thread to be about Wilson after the INT.

Yes it was a bone headed play and stupid calls set it up.

If you can't appreciate what he did to rectify the mistake... All I can say is - I think your missing out.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sealake80":29omaoeb said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Not to wax too dramatic, but I almost choked up I was so proud of Russell for the effort to save that disaster.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I saw nothing wrong with attempting a shot into the end zone with 8 seconds left. I don't agree with the pass and route as I felt it should had been a pass into the end zone or thrown away out of bounds. Problem is people here want to complain we didn't take a field goal yet if that pass went for a touchdown most here would be stroking Pete's manhood calling it the play of the game.

Latest posts