Wilson is not Elite

lukerguy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2pxng848 said:
LOL. Guy plays with no running game last year, throws 34 TD passes, leads the team in rushing, and suddenly he's a "game manager who can't play without a running game"

He had a bad game. Like virtually every QB has had against great competition. The QB on the other side couldn't sniff the playoffs until the possibility of this year when he has talent loaded all around him. This is a really weak point with the sole intention of creating division on this board

A lot of those yards were garbage yards from playing from behind- Blake Bortles had some pretty incredible statistical seasons due to this same reason.

I honestly believe there is no one better to handle a game at QB when there is a running game present- which means if he is a game manager, he's the best one... but I just tend to see him as a very good QB. I don't see him with Brees, Brady, Rodgers anymore, but I still see him as a top 10 QB, and those players are very tough to find.

Russ had a brutal game, that's for sure, but the team is very close to being an excellent club. My question is, why did the run stop working all of a sudden?

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree
The Seahawks have lost their last five games dating back to last season when Russell Wilson has thrown 30 or more passes in a game.

Sorry folks this has game manager written all over it. It’s not about being a hater. It’s not about causing drama with other fans. It’s whats staring you right in the face watching the game. It’s even worse Live. Seattle’s 2-5 at Home their last 7. Unheard of a couple years back. No Lynch has exposed Wilson. This wasn’t simply about Guss knowing how to play Wilson. It’s becoming a common trend against good teams. The cats been out of the bag on how to contain Wilson for some time now. Bruce Arians was the master Architect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're wrong, yet again. But go ahead and pump your internet chest out. The entire team sucked yesterday, not just Russ, and yes he wasn't good. Bashing on Russ makes you feel better, so have at it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Russ had a bad game yesterday and looked like an average QB. Sorry, but i'll take that. Yes, he holds the ball to long and lost the ability to escape some improbable plays, also threw a pick 6 like ever QB in the NFL does from time to time, but at the end of the season, he's still a top 5 guy at his best and a top 10 guy at his worst. He isnt the problem.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Him missing Brown and Lockett on 3rd downs, when both were wide open was really a shock to see. He just looked off all day long. It happens to any QB, but that was twilight zone level. He's my favorite player, but he was bad yesterday, no sugar coating needed. He was only part of a team wide crap show. And, we lost to a better team, period.
Reality sucks sometimes.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Few QBs could have done better with as little rhythm and opportunities as Wilson was given.

Wilson had a bad day. But he was not being helped by a game plan that refused to acknowledge that Carson was out. Running Davis out there repeatedly and then asking Wilson to bail you out was terrible.

Davis is a backup back. He is mediocre as a starter. Using him like a starter will give you mediocre results.

Disappointing that Penny cannot seize this opportunity. Probably a bad sign.

Our game plan for Wilson works against him, he doesn't get chances to make positive throws, get in rhythm and not get put in giant holes. He gets to throw when we have a long 3rd to convert, often because we just had a stupid penalty, Yesterday was not a gameplan that creates a good measuring stick to evaluate Wilson at all.

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks are built to play a certain way. They are not built to throw it 40 times a game. Wilson had a bad game for sure, but damn so did Pete & Schotty. They had no plan B. They thought they could just run the ball the whole game, and not have to worry about getting in a shootout with Rivers.

In terms of whether Wilson is elite or not. His numbers averaged over three years are right there with the best in the business. That is with Cable & Bevell handicapping him. So I have no doubt if you paired him with one of the best offensive minds in the game he could do even better.

Wilson gets the short end of the stick volume stat wise by being paired with a defensive coach. Which makes his numbers even more impressive.

His athleticism decline is baffling. Aaron Rodgers is 5 years older, and I would say at this juncture is more mobile than Wilson. It makes no sense.

xray

Reaction score
Elite ?? When was that?? I don't hate Wilson; but I don't hold up his poster with one hand either...he is an above average QB...and that's being honest...but elite?? Nope...

2_0_6

Reaction score
I said it after two weeks into the season, and I still remain by my opinion that Russ has an injury of some kind of injury to his lower extremities.

Hammy, groin, whatever it is, he just does not seem as explosive as before.

xray

Reaction score
Elite? Did I miss something? I don't hate Wilson because he plays for the Hawks ; but I also don't hold up his poster with one hand...Wilson is somewhat better than an average QB...but elite?...Nope

Uncle Si

Reaction score
xray":25we364w said:
Elite? Did I miss something? I don't hate Wilson because he plays for the Hawks ; but I also don't hold up his poster with one hand...Wilson is somewhat better than an average QB...but elite?...Nope

Better than average? Id say you missed the first 6 years of his career.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
That pick six was horrid. The defense shut out the Chargers in the second half and Wilson could not string together any consistent play he looked scared in the pocket he hates it in there. We'll see how he does down the stretch but playoffs not a chance that's gone. I'm really tired of watching Wilson play mediocre football against good teams.

Seymour

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":156ripdm said:
At some point Wilson he has to play well enough to win against good teams and he hasn't done it this year not once. These next few games are going to tell a lot about Wilson. So we'll see but right now i'm starting to seriously doubt Wilson is the QB that we need to get back to the playoffs . He is not a QB that can carry a team to the playoffs without a ton of help. The only defense for this game today is the Chargers are flat out a better team and will probably play in the AFC Championship.

BS.

Stat line against the Rams. 13/21 198 yards 3TD 132.5 RTG and no picks compared to 2 for Goff.

That is playing well enough to win. The defense gave up 33 points so we lost by 2.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1iccqdhv said:
Northwest Seahawk":1iccqdhv said:
At some point Wilson he has to play well enough to win against good teams and he hasn't done it this year not once. These next few games are going to tell a lot about Wilson. So we'll see but right now i'm starting to seriously doubt Wilson is the QB that we need to get back to the playoffs . He is not a QB that can carry a team to the playoffs without a ton of help. The only defense for this game today is the Chargers are flat out a better team and will probably play in the AFC Championship.

BS.

Stat line against the Rams. 13/21 198 yards 3TD 132.5 RTG and no picks compared to 2 for Goff.

That is playing well enough to win. The defense gave up 33 points so we lost by 2.

It's one game and it wasn't good enough to win.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
doctorsubie":115g1f04 said:
I partly agree--Wilson isn't 1st tier, but there are very few who are. Brady, Rodgers, Brees come to mind.

Wilson is probably 2nd tier. I'd put Cam Newton, Patrick Mahomes, Matt Ryan in that category. Could the Hawks be more effective with someone like, Andrew Luck? Perhaps. But we'll never know, it's purely hypothetical.

I'm not ready to throw Wilson out with the bathwater just yet. I also think he's more injured than we know--his runs on his run-pass option looks really slow...

Cam is not the qb russ is. Not % wise nor td to int ratio. He is the better runner is all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What Seymour said is very accurate. Just because they lose a game, it doesn't automatically mean it's because the QB didn't play good enough. As if the D has nothing to do with losing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1rkx2mhy said:
Seymour":1rkx2mhy said:
Northwest Seahawk":1rkx2mhy said:

BS.

It's one game and it wasn't good enough to win.

You said "Not Once" against a good team didn't you?

Clearly it's good enough. He had 3 TD's and a 132 rating. You expect more for a QB than that then throw more than 21 flippin' attempts!

Wilson is just as often a victim of his offense (Pete Carroll). Many ignore that, and expect late game crank it up heroics. :177692: