Wilson is the MVP.

Rat

Reaction score
rcaido":1v8m7hi9 said:
You would think that having 375+yrds 5tds everyone would be saying he is MVP w/ 7-2 record...Shouldn't even be close.

All they are talking about is Lamar Jackson. Apparently he is tied w/ Wilson now.

12TD 5 INT vs 22TDs 1INT. Its really a joke.

Not saying he should be ahead of Russ, but you know he isn't getting hype based solely on passing stats. He has another 700 yards and 5 TDs on the ground.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16o19i5v said:
chris98251":16o19i5v said:
Really think he want's a ring without the defense won the championship asterisk. He can do it, but we need some type of defense.

Maybe there are some think skinned ego driven QB's that think like this, but I don't think that's Russell.

When he won his first ring, it was his more negative teammates that beat their chests and said we won because of them. Russell's 100% positive all the time, so I honestly don't think this is a thing with Russell.

To be recognized as the best ever which he said his rookie year he wants to shoot for you have to be able to have the spotlight on you and perform, yes he needs a team around him, but as he has said he lives for those moments. I think having another one with no doubt about his ability and contributions would make his case for himself as well as the team.

It's not ego with him, it's what he has worked for.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Recall that in 2005 we made it to SBXL with an amazing Holmgren-Hasselbeck-Alexander offense, and a young defense that frankly sucked for part of the year, then started to gel and improve the last few games of the season, and became an *average* NFL defense. That team made it to the Owl, and was the better team there. (We all know what happened)

My point is that if this crappy D we've seen the first 9 weeks starts to gel and becomes "average" or just a little above, like being able to get off the field on 3rd and long, this team could do some damage in the playoffs. Pete's teams have a history of coming on strong in November and December, as young guys develop. It's just that, does the D really have to look *this crappy* along the way? I still have hope they will find their groove for a playoff run.

randomation

Reaction score
Rat":13mghpuo said:
mistaowen":13mghpuo said:
Rodgers is having a fine season but actually has a defense and run game this year. He looked awful today and really hasn't done too much outside a few games.

Yeah, after today, McCaffrey might be the bigger threat to Russ. That guy is pretty much their entire team and is putting up some ridiculous numbers.

Nah CMC has a top five D Russ definitely does not.

randomation

Reaction score
Rat":1hsdnohk said:
rcaido":1hsdnohk said:
You would think that having 375+yrds 5tds everyone would be saying he is MVP w/ 7-2 record...Shouldn't even be close.

All they are talking about is Lamar Jackson. Apparently he is tied w/ Wilson now.

12TD 5 INT vs 22TDs 1INT. Its really a joke.

Not saying he should be ahead of Russ, but you know he isn't getting hype based solely on passing stats. He has another 700 yards and 5 TDs on the ground.

Wilson has another 3 tds on the ground and 200 rushing. It isn't close unless you factor in east coast bias.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If Dak even remotely scratches the surface of being somewhat competitive stat wise .....

Lookout. He’s a Cowboy.

Which technically wouldn’t be that bad as Jerry would now have to pay his “MVP”.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
tersal":14rcfc1b said:
Rat":14rcfc1b said:
I don't know, A-Rod was at like 40 yards passing halfway through the third quarter in their loss to the Chargers. Let's call them co-MVPs for now.

An excellent point today's performances make it a neck and neck race!

Probably true but not fair as I thinke Russ is actually playing better and more important for his teams being 7-2. The Seahawks would be 2-7 without Russ.

chris98251

Reaction score
He needs to be in conversations every week, he will not have gaudy numbers, just very good ones if we stay the course in planning. It's win loss and knocking off higher celebrated teams that will get him the Air time and noticed by the idiots or mediots. It's a popularity contest in so many ways. Winning the division by first knocking the 49ers out of the undefeated column and then the last game knocking them out of play off contention somehow or at least to the wild card would make a case for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We all know it's about popularity. Erin could have a couple good games vs. an entire season (minus one game) of how Russ is playing and they crown Rodgers or someone else.
I doubt Russ cares, and at this point I just expect that he'll deserve it and won't get it. This is the same Seahawks team who has never had a Coach of the Year for Carroll or Exec of the year for JS.
Nothing should surprise us, as annoying as it is.

Latest posts