Wilson PFF All Pro First Team

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2019-pff-nfl-all-pro-team[/urltargetblank]

QB RUSSELL WILSON, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Second Team: Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
Lamar Jackson is the presumptive league MVP, and his development this year has been phenomenal, but what Russell Wilson has been able to do while dragging a sub-par offense has been remarkable. Wilson’s grade and PFF WAR has been incredible all season long, and even when the offense cooled down the stretch, he was still making big plays only to be let down by his supporting cast. Wilson finished the year with six more big-time throws than any other quarterback, and he had just 11 turnover-worthy plays to balance those high-end plays.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I understand why most have Lamar as the MVP but most don't use astute analysis like PFF to make their choice. Sure, Lamar had a tremendous season with highlight reel after highlight reel, but the true definition of MVP, in my mind, is precisely what Russell was able to achieve this season with what he had to work with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. It should be who is the most valuable to his team. And, how valuable he is with what he has to work with should matter, a lot.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Funny how Bobby got 1st team All-Pro and didn’t make it here. Don’t get me wrong, Wags is a stud but PFF got it right. Russ is our MVP and should have been first team not 2nd.
It still made me :pukeface: seeing OUR legacy Sherman on that list with another team. I literally get nauseous. He was OUR legacy and I was hoping he would suck after going to the enemy. I feel this way about Thomas too.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Wilson has been remarkable and MVP/All Pro caliber for many years. Usually the fans/press etc. falls for the sizzle over steak, this year it's Lamar Jackson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TreeRon":1w19fcgn said:
Wilson has been remarkable and MVP/All Pro caliber for many years. Usually the fans/press etc. falls for the sizzle over steak, this year it's Lamar Jackson.

Sizzle over steak...I like that, lol. Well put.

toffee

Reaction score
kidhawk":2u64rla1 said:
[urltargetblank]https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2019-pff-nfl-all-pro-team[/urltargetblank]

Lamar Jackson is the presumptive league MVP, and his development this year has been phenomenal, but what Russell Wilson has been able to do while dragging a sub-par offense has been remarkable. Wilson’s grade and PFF WAR has been incredible all season long, and even when the offense cooled down the stretch, he was still making big plays only to be let down by his supporting cast. Wilson finished the year with six more big-time throws than any other quarterback, and he had just 11 turnover-worthy plays to balance those high-end plays.

Let me do the : too short, game manager, and not black enough.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3f0b7kxn said:
kidhawk":3f0b7kxn said:

Let me do the : too short, game manager, and not black enough.

Your stealing Ticals thunder.