Wilson to have MRI tonight on knee

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
London12":10ea1oj9 said:
Storts":10ea1oj9 said:
From a purely selfish point of view I'd be absolutely gutted if Russ didn't play the Jets game. Flying over from London for it.
Funny you say that. I was due to do the same until work cancelled my leave.
Can I have your tickets?

LolaRox

Reaction score
bigskydoc":d8x3c3gm said:
LolaRox":d8x3c3gm said:
Can a sprained MCL be diagnosed without an X-ray or MRI?

A full diagnosis of the extent of the injury requires MRI. However, physical exam of the MCL is pretty good, and a good examiner should be able to determine whether there is a complete tear or a moderate to severe sprain (partial tear). A small, sprain (partial tear) may not result in enough joint laxity to allow for diagnosis by physical exam, even by a very good examiner.

MRI is used to accurately determine the degree of the tear, and probably more importantly, look for any associated meniscal injury.

It is possible to have a completely torn MCL and walk or jog with little to no pain. All patients will, however, have a sense of instability.

There is no reason to hold him out of next weeks game if he has no meniscal injury. He either has a severe enough tear to require surgery (likely with meniscal damage), or he can play.

That being said, given injury to both legs, I would keep the reigns on his running game and absolutely pull him out if we are up by 21 next week.

As soon as he started taking off on that play I was screaming at him to be smarter and just get rid of the ball. It's not like it was a tight game where we needed him to pull a Russell out of the hat to win it. He has to be smarter than that, situationally, and protect himself like he has done so well in the past.

Thank you BSD for taking the time to respond to my question, 'preciate ya

bigskydoc

Reaction score
dogorama":2kb4o2j0 said:
]

Well, you're the doc, you should know. If the injury is negligible will he still have to wear a brace?

Almost undoubtedly. Part of the reason it is such a negligible injury (from the standpoint of further injury risk) is that it can be adequately protected with a brace (unlike a high ankle sprain).

The brace will impair his mobility somewhat

London12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2f383800 said:
London12":2f383800 said:
Storts":2f383800 said:
From a purely selfish point of view I'd be absolutely gutted if Russ didn't play the Jets game. Flying over from London for it.
Funny you say that. I was due to do the same until work cancelled my leave.
Can I have your tickets?
Didn't get that far actually.