Wilson was the best player on the field.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Wilson played an Andrew Luck type game today. Get in a hole from poor decisions and then take over the game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1eq27po4 said:
Wilson played an Andrew Luck type game today. Get in a hole from poor decisions and then take over the game.

Great point. That's exactly what it was.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1u5lud5h said:
His first pick six was beyond unacceptable. That was a rookie mistake. Elite QBs don't do that
Was I the only one that saw Lynch turn the wrong direction on the pick 6?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Proud of Russ, hated the pick six but he was trying to avoid the sack there of course that would have been a better result.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ik8o1u8r said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":ik8o1u8r said:

Great point. That's exactly what it was.

If your going to give the O-line and the defense a pass maybe that holds water but I'm not because they sucked the first half.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":29howtl3 said:
flmmkrz":29howtl3 said:
Anthony!":29howtl3 said:
[

Dude he got hit as he threw both passes give it a break.

I can't give him a pass on the first one, that was very poor.

He made one bad toss, he almost made the epic come back against a great team. We have the best QB in the league and can't wait for next year.

I'm not disagreeing that he almost brought us back and his play in the 2nd half was great, my comment was re: the he got hit on both passes give it a break, I'm just saying the 2nd one I get, the first one he should've taken the loss of yds but he made a very bad play at a very bad time, in a very bad spot to a very good player. So no pass on the first int from me but respect for his 2nd half and very looking forward to next year and to see his progression continue. Jimmy and a Russ without a leash on should be a lot more fun to watch.

ducks41468

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":zehdqo1n said:

Yep, he played basically the exact type of game we criticize Luck for playing, throwing picks early and then padding stats late. We need to instill the mentality in our players that they're down 21-0 from the opening kickoff, because that seems to be the only thing that lights a fire under their asses in these games.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":90xa54kn said:
Missing_Clink":90xa54kn said:
His first pick six was beyond unacceptable. That was a rookie mistake. Elite QBs don't do that

no you were not, he ran the wrong route, he is suppose to sit down there, which would then have been a complt. Add tot hat Wilson getting hit as he throws and there you go. All Lynch was suppose to do is turn around, the ball would have hit him right in his gut. But he decided to turn left and move. HE was the safety valve and he did not do his job. They said that on the radio.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":pb2a317t said:
He outplayed Cam , the defense didn't show up the first half but Wilson had a great season and is an Elite QB.

No he wasn't. Not even close.

Panthers D played soft the whole second half and were content to keep the clock running. I hate that philosophy, but conservative NFL coaches almost always follow it when up big.

When they played straight up and brought pressure they dominated Wilson and that offense. Utterly dominated them.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
I have fantasies about what Russell could do with a real offensive line. I may never know.

gremlin

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":14pe213g said:
Missing_Clink":14pe213g said:
Nope. That was a product of lynch not playing for 3 months...

Anthony!

Reaction score
NFLFan45":y9i4r4qu said:
Northwest Seahawk":y9i4r4qu said:
He outplayed Cam , the defense didn't show up the first half but Wilson had a great season and is an Elite QB.

Panthers D played soft the while second half and were content to keep the clock running. I hate that philosophy, but conservative NFL coaches almost always follow it when up big.

When they played straight up and brought pressure they dominated Wilson and that offense. Utterly dominated them.

You just said it they brought pressure they dominated our oline they said it all game, 77% of the drop backs in the 1st half Wilson was, hit hurried or sacked. 60% for the game, by comparison Cam was hit, hurried or sacked on less than 15%. We lost this game in the trenches on both offense and defense.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
What? Wilson cost us the game more than any one player. He made horrible decisions all day long missed wide open TD's. Held onto the ball and killed drives instead of throwing it away. I'm the biggest Russ fanboy there is but he was not good.
Fig Newton was the much better QB today.

Anthony!

Reaction score
gremlin":utz72igg said:
ZorntoLargent":utz72igg said:
Missing_Clink":utz72igg said:
Nope. That was a product of lynch not playing for 3 months...

exactly.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2qf9lgok said:
NFLFan45":2qf9lgok said:
Northwest Seahawk":2qf9lgok said:

Panthers D played soft the while second half and were content to keep the clock running. I hate that philosophy, but conservative NFL coaches almost always follow it when up big.

You just said it they brought pressure they dominated our oline they said it all game, 77% of the drop backs in the 1st half Wilson was, hit hurried or sacked. 60% for the game, by comparison Cam was hit, hurried or sacked on less than 15%. We lost this game in the trenches on both offense and defense.

Were in complete agreement we lost up front.

mrt144

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":284xr4s0 said:
Missing_Clink":284xr4s0 said:

It was completely timed wrong, Lynch though it would come out of the break, Wilson thought the break would earlier.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NFLFan45":d6wq44sd said:
Northwest Seahawk":d6wq44sd said:

Panthers D played soft the whole second half and were content to keep the clock running. I hate that philosophy, but conservative NFL coaches almost always follow it when up big.

You were still playing man and bringing a lot of pressure in the second half. Difference was we woke up, made adjustments and exposed your crappy secondary.

The Panthers are not the world beaters you think they are.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IMO, the first pick (the one for 6) was on Russ, wrong route by Beast or not. Horrible decision. All on Wilson and at a very bad time.
The 2nd pick was all on whichever o-lineman got beat like a drum (Britt?) allowing the hit on Russ as he was throwing causing an off target pass. It was obvious at game speed and more so on replay. Think it was Short that hit him.