Wilson was the best player on the field.

nash72

Reaction score
I thought he played awful in the first half. Sure the line sucked and forced him into bad situations, but the QB needs to make better decisions than what Russ did at times. On the pick 6, you cant try to force a pass when your buried that deep in your own side of the field. He panicked and threw a bad pass. The other interception was bad too. Oh well. It happens to every QB in the league every once in awhile and Russell is entitled. I forgive him.

dino26

Reaction score
He was shaky at times but definitely the best seahawk on the field I would say

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wilson played fantastic the second half. The pick 6 is on him regardless of Lynch in my opinion and the second pick was on the line, he got hit from his blind side.

I still find it strange people will call out misses like the one to baldwin. EVERY qb misses a couple a game. He finished 31-48(i believe) for 366 against a great defense and no they didn't back off the whole second half. As for holding on to long the situation kind of called for it. We were in desperation and needed a big play. That's what Wilson does. In a normal game situation he wouldn't do that.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ngu336p said:
Wilson played fantastic the second half. The pick 6 is on him regardless of Lynch in my opinion and the second pick was on the line, he got hit from his blind side.

I still find it strange people will call out misses like the one to baldwin. EVERY qb misses a couple a game. He finished 31-48(i believe) for 366 against a great defense and no they didn't back off the whole second half. As for holding on to long the situation kind of called for it. We were in desperation and needed a big play. That's what Wilson does. In a normal game situation he wouldn't do that.

The first half was just wrong in so many ways. Seems like the entire team was getting beat like a drum and couldn't get out of there own way. Russ was no better, but that was sort of a collective 'suckitude' when you consider the poor blocking combined with the D allowing the big run + score on the ensuing play.

I know that individual highlights pale in comparison to a 'W;' however, I have no choice but to accept the consolation prizes. Watching Lockett, Kearse and especially RW make one incredible play after another in the second half was pretty cool. That spin under pressure with the TD throw to Kearse was off the chain as were many other passes Carolina had no answer for. Watching Lockett make catch after catch while making defenders look silly, and knowing he will only improve next year, makes me wish the off season lasted about two weeks. The kid has some insane moves! His release already rivals Baldwin's, IMO, and if he catches the ball with a sliver of space, fuggedaboudit! I see more and more designed plays to take advantage of how special he is.

mwmccollough

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2febu5vq said:
IMO, the first pick (the one for 6) was on Russ, wrong route by Beast or not. Horrible decision. All on Wilson and at a very bad time.
The 2nd pick was all on whichever o-lineman got beat like a drum (Britt?) allowing the hit on Russ as he was throwing causing an off target pass. It was obvious at game speed and more so on replay. Think it was Short that hit him.

The second int is the play Okung injured his arm and gave up on the block. This directly resulted in the INT.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1ak1ntrv said:
What? Wilson cost us the game more than any one player. He made horrible decisions all day long missed wide open TD's. Held onto the ball and killed drives instead of throwing it away. I'm the biggest Russ fanboy there is but he was not good.
Fig Newton was the much better QB today.

What other wide open TDs did Wilson miss other than the Baldwin one? The TD pass to Lockett happened a few plays later by the way.

Ozzy

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1hiqs7wt said:
austinslater25":1hiqs7wt said:

The first half was just wrong in so many ways. Seems like the entire team was getting beat like a drum and couldn't get out of there own way. Russ was no better, but that was sort of a collective 'suckitude' when you consider the poor blocking combined with the D allowing the big run + score on the ensuing play.

I know that individual highlights pale in comparison to a 'W;' however, I have no choice but to accept the consolation prizes. Watching Lockett, Kearse and especially RW make one incredible play after another in the second half was pretty cool. That spin under pressure with the TD throw to Kearse was off the chain as were many other passes Carolina had no answer for. Watching Lockett make catch after catch while making defenders look silly, and knowing he will only improve next year, makes me wish the off season lasted about two weeks. The kid has some insane moves! His release already rivals Baldwin's, IMO, and if he catches the ball with a sliver of space, fuggedaboudit! I see more and more designed plays to take advantage of how special he is.
Great post and I agree, bright future for this offense and team overall. Going to be an interesting off season.

lobohawk

Reaction score
He should have taken the sack on the first one. Tried too hard to make something happen. The second one was just getting hit while passing. OL on that one. The O just took long to adjust to the pressure. Had to move Russell back in shotgun.

12thbrah

Reaction score
On both interceptions Wilson got hit at the last second. The O-line should be blamed if anything else.

I would say the main difference between both teams in the first half was the offensive line play. Carolina's held up and Cam had all day to dink and dunk. Ours didn't and we paid the price early and often.

Russ is elite. Thats no longer debatable. Without Russ there is absolutely no way we get back in the game at all.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mwmccollough":3br5sn0s said:
hawksfansinceday1":3br5sn0s said:
IMO, the first pick (the one for 6) was on Russ, wrong route by Beast or not. Horrible decision. All on Wilson and at a very bad time.
The 2nd pick was all on whichever o-lineman got beat like a drum (Britt?) allowing the hit on Russ as he was throwing causing an off target pass. It was obvious at game speed and more so on replay. Think it was Short that hit him.

The second int is the play Okung injured his arm and gave up on the block. This directly resulted in the INT.
Oh OK, thanks. I should've remembered that cuz I did remember he was drilled from the blind side.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3gksqv9b said:
What? Wilson cost us the game more than any one player. He made horrible decisions all day long missed wide open TD's. Held onto the ball and killed drives instead of throwing it away. I'm the biggest Russ fanboy there is but he was not good.

yeah ahh wrong I mean hit on both Ints, Rb ran the wrong route, He held onto the ball because there was no place to go, so give it a rest or at lest know the facts. FYI 161 yard to 366 1 td to 3 tds Newton was not better. His dline and oline were better

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3c3dj4v0 said:

You do know he was being hit as he threw it right? So I guess you wanted him to hold onto it and get sacked instead of trusting his player to be were he was suppose to be.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seanhawk":est3uuix said:
Chukarhawk":est3uuix said:

What other wide open TDs did Wilson miss other than the Baldwin one? The TD pass to Lockett happened a few plays later by the way.

yeah and lets not forget the Baldwin drop, the locket drop both of which cost us

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":6lak1azh said:
His first pick six was beyond unacceptable. That was a rookie mistake. Elite QBs don't do that

Name an active elite QB that hasn't thrown a pick 6?

Good luck with that.

peppersjap

Reaction score
A huge difference between what Cam did and what Russell did was the fact that Cam was never pressured. We basically never blitzed while Wilson was blitzed all day, even blitzed very late and sacked by Norman. Our defense is great but we let QB's have all day to pass. The AZ game they were bit in the ass for blitzing Rodgers on the hail mary but I think it is great that they did that, the only QB in the league who could have made that pass was him. We need to be more aggressive especially in games where things aren't going right.

Rob12

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3i0u90g9 said:
Yes and no. I think the first half picks were horrific and set the panthers up for easy scores.

Eh, not sure I agree. Pick one, Marshawn probably should have broke right instead of left. Of course, RW was under heavy pressure during that play. The second pick, he was hit as he threw. This is a QB that threw eight picks all season long. I didn't see either of the two picks being horrific on his part.

A good offensive line, and those picks don't happen. A running back who isn't stale probably cuts the right way. Maybe the pass is still picked, but it wouldn't have been as easy as it was.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RussB":3tjwwsl5 said:
Yup, he definately outplayed him. The horrible start is what put the game out of reach. I still think we are the better team , but that's just too big of a lead to comeback from. We almost did it though , onto next season. Congrats to the panthers .

#GOHAWKS
SCREW Newton and his PETTY PUSSY Panthers.
No offense Ron Rivera, but I've NEVER cared too much for chickenshit players.
I'll be pulling for the Cards to kick your ass, and I HATE, HATE. HATE, HATE, Bruce...Oh and by the way, did I mention how much I dislike Cam-the "PHONY" turd sucking Newton? :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Hilarious thread. Wilson was OBVIOUSLY the best player on the field, followed by Kearse. Two bad mistakes does not a game make. This game was lost by the defense being fooled over and over again by the same stuff they saw in Seattle, check down throws to the tight end. Just a SINGLE stop on Olson on those 2 third and long conversions in the second half would have made the onside kick unnecessary.

ctrcat

Reaction score
As a big college football fan as well, this game was the 1996 Tennessee-Florida game. Many thought it would (and did) decide the national championship. Florida goes up 35-0, final was 35-29-Florida recovered a Tennessee onside attempt with a minute left. Wuerffel (Heisman and national champ that year), had only 155 yards, Manning had 492.

The difference however is I don't recall Tennessee fans saying Manning was better that day, and certainly the national narrative crucified him for 2 ints on the Florida goal line.