Wilson was the best player on the field.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Assuming you weren't responding to me and were directing your post to Nano, but you raise a point:

IMO, in addition to the unreleased formula, the most annoying thing is that a lot of people always referred to "passer rating" as "quarterback rating", and QBR steals the abbreviation for that when it's a totally different stat.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2j5ab4iu said:
Laloosh":2j5ab4iu said:
Seattle fans talking up a Seattle quarterback. Opposing fans rush to douse the flames. Silly Seattle fans, you should be talking about Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton.

:lol:

Yeah, my presence in this thread definitely isn't that useful, which is why I'm leaving it.

TBF though, if this were instead a "Wilson is a great QB and showed it more than ever this year!" thread I'd be posting about how I agree and why.

Despite fandom there are still reasonable claims and unreasonable claims, IMO (e.g. "Did we witness Cam's ceiling this year or can he still improve?", or, "Is it still possible for Gabbert's ceiling to be a middle-of-the-pack starter?")

Popeye, I completely understand. You're a respectful poster and I'd be lying if I said something to the contrary.

Thing is, timing matters. We've got Panther fans taking a victory lap and some of our long time posters run the risk of being caught in the crossfire. Not because they're being disrespectful or trolling but because they didn't consider how a bunch of upset Seattle fans would react to a particular post.

My point, was that the forum is first and foremost, a Seattle fan site and opposing fans would do well to remember that before hitting the "submit" button.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":3mhbgfk5 said:
My point, was that the forum is first and foremost, a Seattle fan site and opposing fans would do well to remember that before hitting the "submit" button.

TOTALLY agreed.

And hey, I think that goes for me too more often than not also :th2thumbs:

Hard to come up with scenarios in which taking a crap on the floor of someone else's house is a good idea. ;)

Thanatos19

Reaction score
First off, I wanted to congratulate the Hawks on a great season. Yall just sleptwalked in the first half and dug too deep a hole.

There's a couple things wrong with this assertion in this thread.

Wilson made a pair of glaring mistakes in half 1 that made it too deep a hole. Wilson has a penchant for making miracles happen on busted plays, this is a fact. However, there have been times, twice on Sunday, where he tries to make something happen when he should just take the short.

When Kawann Short is draped over your legs and dragging you down, that is not the time to try to force a ball to Marshawn Lynch when he is well covered.

He did the same thing on the interception to Finnegan. Take the sack, and live to fight another day.

I doubt I'll get many to agree with me on this board as far as Newton being the better QB, so I won't bother.

But I think we can all agree both QBs are fantastic and this budding rivalry will be a very fun one to watch over the years.

Good luck next season, I know we will play again already, as we play the NFC West next year.

jdblack

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":w1zezgih said:
Yes and no. I think the first half picks were horrific and set the panthers up for easy scores.

Lynch is Russell's hot route on the first interception. Russell threw it where he was supposed to, but Lynch wasn't looking. Lynch needed to recognize that play, and he easily should have since the blitzer ran right past him.

On the second was Russell hit from his blind side while throwing? I haven't re-watched anything, but it looked close.