Winning SB 50 could the D word be used even a little ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ceej22":h3eitytq said:

Do you consider the 98/99 Broncos a dynasty? How bout the 73/74 Dolphins? 08/12 Giants?

The Patriots are a perfect example, no one outside of NE called the Patriots a "dynasty" after they won their 2nd SB in 2004 until the won the 3rd one in 2005.

Google NFL dynasties, and you'll be hard pressed to find any two SB win teams. Even Wiki doesn't recognize two win teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_%28sports%29

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12thbrah":r09whaju said:
Going go 3 Super Bowls in a row in the salary cap era? Never been done before I saw that might qualify
Hell, just GETTING to two Super Bowls in a row,,, WINNING one away from one of the most prolific Quarterbacks in the history of the game, +, playing against Tom Brady,Bill Billicheck and his established Dynasty, and coming within ONE PLAY of WINNING that game?
Nobody had the Seahawks even smelling SB XLIX, let alone getting that close to winning.
I don't know who gets to set the standard in saying It's a Dynasty or not, but in this day and age (CAP) I think that if you can even GET to two in a row?, I think you qualify as "A Dynasty".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xsymi2n said:
ceej22":1xsymi2n said:

Do you consider the 98/99 Broncos a dynasty? How bout the 73/74 Dolphins? 08/12 Giants?

The Patriots are a perfect example, no one outside of NE called the Patriots a "dynasty" after they won their 2nd SB in 2004 until the won the 3rd one in 2005.

Google NFL dynasties, and you'll be hard pressed to find any two SB win teams. Even Wiki doesn't recognize two win teams.

Who the hell is Wiki?, do they say who sets the bar?, do they have final say in all matters?....NOPE.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":z1xqgnjz said:
Sgt. Largent":z1xqgnjz said:
ceej22":z1xqgnjz said:

Who the hell is Wiki?, do they say who sets the bar?, do they have final say in all matters?....NOPE.

You don't know what Wikipedia is? New to the interwebz?

Sorry Hawk colored glasses homers, two SB wins does not make a dynasty. Not now, not ever.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ask it this way.. if the Cardinals/Rams/49ers win 2 SB's in the next 3 years.. are they a dynasty?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Decimation":2pd0nqdg said:
kearly":2pd0nqdg said:
Need 3. We'll get 3. I've been telling people dynasty in person since August 2012. It's gotten a snicker or two, but I have never felt as sure of anything in my life.
It just feels like destiny, doesn't it?

I feel like SB50 is ours.

Destiny? I would agree it felt like destiny after the NFCCG, but how can a team of destiny not score from the 1?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fu97i1za said:
scutterhawk":fu97i1za said:
Sgt. Largent":fu97i1za said:
ceej22":fu97i1za said:

You don't know what Wikipedia is? New to the interwebz?

Sorry Hawk colored glasses homers, two SB wins does not make a dynasty. Not now, not ever.
So says you and Wikopinion eh?
My opinion trumps yours, now, and forever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2l1jl2px said:

You're entitled to your opinion, just know it's in the HUGE minority (as every internet site discussing NFL dynasties clearly shows).

As Hasselbeck pointed out, if we were talking about the Rams winning 2 of 3 SB's, no one would be calling that a Dynasty.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nkzhzsz said:
scutterhawk":3nkzhzsz said:

You're entitled to your opinion, just know it's in the HUGE minority (as every internet site discussing NFL dynasties clearly shows).

As Hasselbeck pointed out, if we were talking about the Rams winning 2 of 3 SB's, no one would be calling that a Dynasty.
That's the beauty of being an independent individual, with Seahawks colored glasses on.
Hasselwho?

Latest posts