With Penny out, time for a reunion with the Irish Dancer?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/282 ... acl-injury

"Carroll said C.J. Prosise will be Seattle's No. 2 running back behind Carson. Prosise was limited to 16 games over his first three seasons due to a string of injuries and has only played in seven games this year as a frequent healthy scratch. Rookie sixth-round pick Travis Homer is the other tailback on Seattle's roster. He recently took over kickoff return duties for Tyler Lockett and got his first career carry two weeks ago on a fake punt.

"C.J. will step into that role and Homer will help out and we'll see how those guys can do," Carroll said. "We expect them to do well. C.J.'s always done well when we've given him a chance."

Rat

Reaction score
Shame there aren't any recently-retired BEASTS out there who might be healthy enough for one last productive stretch run...

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm gonna ride with CJ with the caveat that they use him to create mismatches in the passing game. If he's primarily gonna be running the belly then give Homer the reps.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2vceee6f said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/1204176402016358400[/tweet]

Okay, so earlier today (in another Penny post), I said that I didn't have any faith in Prosise's durability, I still find myself comfortable with that statement, now, I hope like hell that CJ makes me eat my own words, and comes on like "Gangbusters" (old term) :les:
It sounds like Pete is indeed going to use him to periodically spell Carson, in the remainder of the games this season, so I'm hoping for the best :pray:

Largent80

Reaction score
Prosise needs to be a happy afterthought when this season ends. Happy that he is finally GONE. What a steaming pile he has been. And 5 years of it. This is a Hawk F.O. head scratcher.

Put Homer in there and see what he can do.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Largent80":cwhcn7z6 said:
Prosise needs to be a happy afterthought when this season ends. Happy that he is finally GONE. What a steaming pile he has been. And 5 years of it. This is a Hawk F.O. head scratcher.

Put Homer in there and see what he can do.
It was that one game against the Pats where he was unstoppable. Maybe they are still holding out hopes he can duplicate that (doubt it).

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Throw in Procise as a change of pace, start giving Homer some reps. Procise will break, then is Homer #2 or do we need to sign someone? Preferably not Collins; not sure the board can handle ACFan2.0

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We're not really supposed to believe it, but Pete can't just come out and say, "Hey here's the guy we often benched because we had alternatives. But right now (and for the season), we really don't."

seabowl

Reaction score
First time Provide has ever entered a game due to injury

DHawk

Reaction score
I would like to see what Homer can do. Guy looks quick on special teams!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don't have super high hopes for Procise, but as a 3rd RB option you could do worse. He can maybe approximate some of what Penny can do at a C+ level. Plus he has good hands. I just hope he can stay healthy

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Paul Perkins from the Jags practice squad wouldn't be a bad pickup as insurance. Not a flashy or long term prospect, but can grind and spell Carson and Homer.