With the first pick we should pick a (position)

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Clint Hurtt said in an interview on 710 that our greatest need is a game changing OLB. So, I am expecting an EDGE for our first choice.
"“With those guys we’ve got good pieces. You know, continue to find another guy to be devastating, the edge rusher that can be a game-changer,” Hurtt said. “A game-wrecker is what we need.”"

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm hoping for OT or EDGE , Or trade back get more picks and pick up a cornerback.

jeremiah

Reaction score
With our first pick, whether 9th or lower, what Position should we draft?

I’m hoping for EDGE and if not OL. one of those two please.

NOT CB or QB (unless it’s Willis). Not Safety or LB. A ready to start on Day 1 player. Not the “miss half the first year” or “depth” BS pick.
Trade it for next years #1 with Jacksonville, Detroit or the Jets.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Left tackle. Penning or Cross. Pick up another tackle in the second round then stack the trenches. Not sure how good the corners will be in later rounds this year but maybe Brown Jr ready to step into CB2

GemCity

Reaction score
Tackle or Edge. The best player from either of those.

But, we’ll likely trade down and then take a guy that’s projected to go a day later. We’ll turn the second pick from that trade into a star.

Weird…

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Starting left tackle
I'd agree, but what they're going to be left with at 9 is MAYBE an air raid tackle with middling athleticism in Cross, and a raw, over-aggressive grabber in Penning.

I hope they don't tunnel vision on a single position

Scout

Reaction score
I am thinking tackle IMO. With the switch to 34 they can wait to address edge later.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
We should go best player available with the 9th pick or trade back a few spots and possibly pick up two first round picks from one of the teams who have two picks in the first and wants to get who they want at 9 Eagles , Saints or Chiefs probably the best bet with a 3rd and 4th rounder thrown in as well ....

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
We should go best player available at a position of need with the 9th pick or trade back a few spots and possibly pick up two first round picks from one of the teams who have two picks in the first and wants to get who they want at 9 ...Eagles , Saints , Packers or Chiefs probably the best bet with a 3rd or 4th rounder thrown in as well ....
If we move back a little we need to get Jordan Davis ... gonna be a superstar ....

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
My preferences:

Evan Neal- OT

Ickey Ekwonu - OT

Jermaine Johnson - Edge

Charles Cross - OT

I would be ok with trading down for a few more picks. No player is ever guaranteed and there looks to be quite a bit of talent within this years draft. Aside from a few positions, this team could use some talented youth all around...IMHO.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Beef! Offensive or defensive line. I don’t care. This team needs an infusion of beef on both lines.

Paradox

Reaction score
I think they'll go after a LT, and likely move up to guarantee it. We need pro bowl caliber talent to fill that position.