Without Kam are they still the Legion of Boom?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SuperMan28":3660ions said:
SEA will be fine at LB'er without Kam. It's a stellar group.

The secondary is what I would be concerned with. They use to be so deep at CB and now they only have Sherman as an above average CB. I don't know anything about Bailey, either (SS).
Huh?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
lsheldon":1q5e3cou said:
Wow, no love for Kenny Easley the original Seahawks enforcer at Strong Safety?

I think the context is just the Pete Carroll era.

Jville":1q5e3cou said:
IMO the beginning of enforcement, attitude and style was Lawyer Milloy. Milloy was the man they signed to introduce and define their new style under Carroll in 2010. Kam Chancellor was Lawyer's understudy.

In 2011, a brutally physical corner from the Canadian League was added in the person of Brandon Browner. Kam Chancellor was promoted and handed the starting strong safety job as planned. It was during the course of 2011 that the Legion of Boom forced itself onto the League. A couple years later, Byron Maxwell stepped forward as Brandon's replacement and the legend continued to grow.

With the departure of Byron and Kam, it would appear they may have lost from their collision game a notable amount of kinetic impact. We will get our first look in 24 hours.

Go Hawks!

jake206

Reaction score
We are the Legion of Boo... ? or Legion of Oom ?? Naw rather have the Boom.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Easley would, sorry easily be the God father of boom.

Maybe we could call the young guys, baby boomers

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Who cares?

The whole defense is going to bring the boom now, front 7 wise.

About time too that LOB embodies the defense as a whole.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
If they can continue to intimidate with aggressive, physical play...then yes. If not...then no.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Might as well call it the Legion of Doom and Gloom as some fans are too worried about the absent of Kam, I think this defense will be fine without Kam. We have a great front 7 now that will probably be better than the Ram's front 7.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
"Legion of Doom and Gloom"? No way on a Pete Carroll led team. The fans (or some of them) maybe, but absolutely not the team.

Not having Kam will hurt, no question, but our front 7 is better and I really think Russ is gonna open some eyes this year. With Lockett on the outside and Jimmy down the middle, I think we'll see things from him we never saw from Russ and the Pedestrians. Just as Alexander the great bent Holmgren's traditional 60/40 pass rush ratio more toward an even split, the weapons we now have on offense may begin to bend the Carroll model in the opposite direction.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3l2554lj said:
"Legion of Doom and Gloom"? No way on a Pete Carroll led team. The fans (or some of them) maybe, but absolutely not the team.

Not having Kam will hurt, no question, but our front 7 is better and I really think Russ is gonna open some eyes this year. With Lockett on the outside and Jimmy down the middle, I think we'll see things from him we never saw from Russ and the Pedestrians. Just as Alexander the great bent Holmgren's traditional 60/40 pass rush ratio more toward an even split, the weapons we now have on offense may begin to bend the Carroll model in the opposite direction.

Yeah it was directed at some of the fans, but the team no way, they are too competitive for that.

I agree with everything you said after that. Wilson has all the weapons in the world now and there is no excuse. I think he will hit at least 30 Passing TDs this year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
RW is uber, uber conservative. Really the only time he's not is inside a 2 minute drill or in the late 4th quarter and every once in a while on a deep ball down the sideline. That conservative nature is also what makes him so efficient though. Either way, I'm not sure RW is ever going to be the QB that just lights it up in the passing categories game after game. He'll have his games where he puts up 300 and/or 3-4 TDs and it's really a forgone conclusion that he'll have better weapons to throw to this year, but it's really difficult to see that he just flips his lifelong script and starts airing it out without a clear open receiver even if we weren't a run first team. I like NFL projections, but dude is just a really conservative character.

We'll see, I guess.

Rob12

Reaction score
This is the wrong question to ask.

Without the SEAHAWKS, is Kam Chancellor the player he is? In another world, is he still who he is today if another team drafted him?

PC and these coaches will ALWAYS coach DB's up... This has been proven during his whole tenure here.

So instead of taking the weak route, ask yourself what Kam will be without Earl, Sherm, and the great coaching he has got here.

Our secondary will move on and be great with or without 31.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sorry, but no. Kam, like Lynch, is the apex predator on any given field. It's not any system that makes him good.

Edit: I'd say Wagner is right no par too.

Rob12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2i6qd9mp said:
Sorry, but no. Kam, like Lynch, is the apex predator on any given field. It's not any system that makes him good.

So you think that Kam Chancellor would still be the player he is right now if say, Cleveland or Jacksonville drafted him? I mean if the system doesn't matter and all...

We'll see how Maxwell does this season in Philly. I think that will provide a good barometer on how much scheme and coaching helps our DB's.

LOB has gave way to "Love Our Brothers," which apparently isn't really a real thing anyway.

The secondary will ball out with or without 31 this season. I'd prefer it be without at this point.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Rob12":2m2ha96j said:
vin.couve12":2m2ha96j said:

So you think that Kam Chancellor would still be the player he is right now if say, Cleveland or Jacksonville drafted him? I mean if the system doesn't matter and all...

We'll see how Maxwell does this season in Philly. I think that will provide a good barometer on how much scheme and coaching helps our DB's.

LOB has gave way to "Love Our Brothers," which apparently isn't really a real thing anyway.

The secondary will ball out with or without 31 this season. I'd prefer it be without at this point.

If you can own where you're at, whether you're at the LOS or in the deep zones, that's just being a "freak of nature" as Calais Campbell said. He was that at VT after going from QB to defense and will continue to be. Hopefully here, but that's a different story and is entirely a different subject than what he is or isn't if you can separate the two.

Rob12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":37vakxpz said:
Rob12":37vakxpz said:
vin.couve12":37vakxpz said:

If you can own where you're at, whether you're at the LOS or in the deep zones, that's just being a "freak of nature" as Calais Campbell said. He was that at VT after going from QB to defense and will continue to be. Hopefully here, but that's a different story and is entirely a different subject than what he is or isn't if you can separate the two.

Fair enough. I mean don't get me wrong, he's always been an NFL caliber player, but I don't think for one second that he's where is if anyone else drafted him.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
We have to move on from Kam-he is not here today nor will be playing anytime soon.

Today is a beginning of another season with a talented team that can make waves again in the NFL. Let us hope the Hawks play well and beat the Lams then face arch nemesis Packers next Sunday night and beat them as well. :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
:vodka: K
Largent80":3ttsez6s said:
Here's to hoping Bailey gets in some slobberknockers and #31 will be a memory.

My thoughts exactly. Next man up!

No one player is bigger than the team. Heck I love Kam as a player but am now disappointed in him. The Hawks of course are better with him playing however Bailey could prove to be an excellent replacement and do credit to the team taking the roster slot of Kam. If he does get in a big hit or two Kam will become less important. Kam may have opened the door to his departure from the team trying to change something he agreed to honour as he gives the opportunity to the next man up. The way he has gone about it is what is most disappointing. The Hawks DB group is deep and staffed with many superior players and Jn'P continue to search and find special players to develop. There is a nice balance of experience and youth at DB.

I think there is more to the LOB than any one single guy and this season will prove it.