Wonder if Russell had a concussion or something today?

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":qnne7c31 said:
mistaowen":qnne7c31 said:
He looked like a different person, not just QB. Completely lethargic, uninterested, mistake after mistake. He made mistakes that backup college QB’s make. Offense was slow moving for most of the game outside the first quarter. Didn’t even look DK’s way in a bunch of favorable matchups.

He had some pressure but nothing like the past weeks. I genuinely wonder if he had a concussion or the flu. I haven’t seen that poor of a game by him in many years...

It all started when PC got his contract. With it came a change in offense. Less quick passing. More run the clock down. Etc. Makes one wonder

Pete Carroll got his contract before the season started, but i'm sure the media finding out about it two weeks ago is why we supposedly don't throw quick passes now.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":1na4f9st said:
John63":1na4f9st said:
mistaowen":1na4f9st said:
He looked like a different person, not just QB. Completely lethargic, uninterested, mistake after mistake. He made mistakes that backup college QB’s make. Offense was slow moving for most of the game outside the first quarter. Didn’t even look DK’s way in a bunch of favorable matchups.

He had some pressure but nothing like the past weeks. I genuinely wonder if he had a concussion or the flu. I haven’t seen that poor of a game by him in many years...

Actually the contract was finalized before game 6 and announced after nice try

It all started when PC got his contract. With it came a change in offense. Less quick passing. More run the clock down. Etc. Makes one wonder

Pete Carroll got his contract before the season started, but i'm sure the media finding out about it two weeks ago is why we supposedly don't throw quick passes now.

They said his contract was finalized the week of our first loads and then announced so my statement stands.

irfuben32

Reaction score
The throw to Dissly instead of running for an easy first down was the game loser as far as I am concerned.

They didn't go to DK now when has been matched up with a premier CB twice, they needed to figure out how to get him involved. Run him on a reverse or something, get him some touches with a full head of steam and see what happens.

mrblitz

Reaction score
they need to force the ball to dk, even if he's blanketed by the other team's top corner. also, it seems like russ didn't see dk when dk was open... ymmv

another thing is, maybe they should move the pocket around. it seems like too many standard drop backs, when the pass rush is all over russ...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":1prpn4tu said:
Let’s be honest..he does this every year. All talk of him being MVP but he consistently screws that up with some bad performances. Each year I wait for his random INT and dumb decisions. Best QB in Seahawks history BUT for people to say we’re wasting his career and not getting another ring..who’s fault is that?

Yep.

LOVE Russ. Best we've ever had.

But this is a pattern we've seen now nearly every year.

Plays out of his mind for a stretch....but then has stretches/games where he just doesn't seem right.

He's human. It happens. But man it's such a drastic difference from when he's ON.

PNW

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2xn8fyid said:
Golden Tate is banging his ole lady.
I was thinking it could be DK not Tate, that would explain why he didn’t look his way all game?
:stirthepot:

TugHawk

Reaction score
I’ve been trying wrap my head around where things really changed for Russ, because clearly something is off. I don’t know if it’s personal stuff outside of football, if it’s the fear of taking a shot (or multiple shots), or just overcompensating for other areas of our team that are lagging - what is clear is that something is off and has been for 4 weeks. The duration is what’s really got me confused...Russ goes through this every year, hell every elite QB does, but Russ usually bounces back in full form the following week. He hasn’t bounced back yet. In fact, he’s continued to make baffling and uncharacteristic throws like the interceptions against AZ, the int last week to Tre White, and the int in the end zone today when he had 10+ yards open unabated.

I know that people think he’s getting rattled, but if so, then he’s getting rattled by things that never seemed to rattle him before. Maybe he’s worried about taking so many shots now that he’s got 3 kids and priorities outside of football? Evidenced by his aversion to running the ball unless absolutely forced to. Only speculation. Really blows to watch him go through this because we know, and he knows that he should be playing at a much higher level.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Re. quick passes, I thought early in the year that's what a big difference was this year vs in the past. Lots more passing to the backs out of the backfield vs holding the ball and taking sacks. Do they not trust the backs to do that with no Carson or Hyde?

John63

Reaction score
mrblitz":1aabr64t said:
they need to force the ball to dk, even if he's blanketed by the other team's top corner. also, it seems like russ didn't see dk when dk was open... ymmv

another thing is, maybe they should move the pocket around. it seems like too many standard drop backs, when the pass rush is all over russ...

except if they do and ther eis an INT guess who will get the blame?

John63

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":309g10hj said:
Re. quick passes, I thought early in the year that's what a big difference was this year vs in the past. Lots more passing to the backs out of the backfield vs holding the ball and taking sacks. Do they not trust the backs to do that with no Carson or Hyde?

exactly starting with eh AZ game things changed. less quick passing, less snapping at times other than 5 or less seconds. We started reverting to the predictable same old, run some throw long. The question is why and the answer is 2 letters PC. He hates short passes, love long throws and word about his contract ext got out just before the AZ game.

W

Welshers

John63":vjbxbrx5 said:
HawkRiderFan":vjbxbrx5 said:

exactly starting with eh AZ game things changed. less quick passing, less snapping at times other than 5 or less seconds. We started reverting to the predictable same old, run some throw long. The question is why and the answer is 2 letters PC. He hates short passes, love long throws and word about his contract ext got out just before the AZ game.
Can you please answer this for me. You have been talking about Pete changing because of his contract extension in every single thread. Why do you think this is? He got his contract extended long before the news went public. Why do you believe the news going public that Pete got a contract extension is changing the way he coaches? I just don't get your thinking

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":l7099356 said:
John63":l7099356 said:
HawkRiderFan":l7099356 said:

Can you please answer this for me. You have been talking about Pete changing because of his contract extension in every single thread. Why do you think this is? He got his contract extended long before the news went public. Why do you believe the news going public that Pete got a contract extension is changing the way he coaches? I just don't get your thinking

IT was not finalized till a few weeks ago. So while they had an agreement in principle it was not finalized. Once it became finalized thats when all the changes started.

AS to why its simple, PC has said he hates short passing, he wants to run the ball, take time off the clock and throw long. everything we were doing that was working was counter to that. But Wilson had a long term contract and PC did not., So the power laid with Wilson. Now that PC has the longer term contract the power lays with PC, so we are back to the old ways.

W

Welshers

John63":1fcnvd1b said:
Welshers":1fcnvd1b said:
John63":1fcnvd1b said:
HawkRiderFan":1fcnvd1b said:

IT was not finalized till a few weeks ago. So while they had an agreement in principle it was not finalized. Once it became finalized thats when all the changes started.

AS to why its simple, PC has said he hates short passing, he wants to run the ball, take time off the clock and throw long. everything we were doing that was working was counter to that. But Wilson had a long term contract and PC did not., So the power laid with Wilson. Now that PC has the longer term contract the power lays with PC, so we are back to the old ways.
What makes you think he would turn away from something that is working well after getting extended? Do you mean to say he only wanted to win while not extended?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Schotty is awful. He was getting a pass because he has a QB in his prime and people think Schotty is doing great with him and the O

It is nothing but drop RW back and let the D tee off.

Remember the beginning of the season all those passes to Carson? Now we have Dallas and Homer who can catch the rock and nothing? WR screens? Jet sweeps? misdirection? nothing. He is as creative as a wet mop. The Schotty O is easy to prepare for.

Not having Carons and Hyde hurts the run game big time, but there are other things Schotty can do, but he apparently only knows 4 plays. He has a giant play sheet that has only 4 Tecmo Bowl plays

PNW

Reaction score
Smellyman":h8dswjo4 said:
Schotty is awful. He was getting a pass because he has a QB in his prime and people think Schotty is doing great with him and the O

Remember the beginning of the season all those passes to Carson? Now we have Dallas and Homer who can catch the rock and nothing? WR screens? Jet sweeps? misdirection? nothing. He is as creative as a wet mop. The Schotty O is easy to prepare for.

Not having Carons and Hyde hurts the run game big time, but there are other things Schotty can do, but he apparently only knows 4 plays. He has a giant play sheet that has only 4 Tecmo Bowl plays

If you played as the Colts or Bears those run plays were TD’s every time

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":bxleyob7 said:

Lol

getnasty

Reaction score
Smellyman":80ziqlbd said:

When Shotty was hired i would have agreed but i think he's been a pleasant suprise. Through 9 games the Seahawks lead the league in PPG so hard to say he isn't doing his job. Maybe Russ is just that much better then all other Qb's but at least Shotty isn't holding him back.

Latest posts