Worst part about losing to soft ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLFalFan

Reaction score
baumer64":3eoigibd said:
ATLFalFan":3eoigibd said:
First of all your team made it a Hellava game. The future is very bright for your young team and your rookie QB is the truth. He had the poise of a vet and he gave your team a chance to win the game.

Now, Soft?????? You have to be kidding me. We came out the first half and hit the Seahawks dead in the mouth. We were more physical and etc. Then we got conservative and your team made some plays and made a game and it all came from RW. How many yards did the so call Beast have again? We did the same thing to him last year and you call the Falcons soft. This win was supposed to be easy for you guys as well and you see what happened right? Come on, give credit where credit is due. Everyone said the Falcons can't run the ball and we can't stop the run. It sure didn't look that way. I don't count the yards from your QB but we did stop your backs.

The Seahawks are going to be a team to be reckon with in the coming years. All you need is a few more pieces. Looking forward to meeting again.

Why don't you just let us Seahawk fans vent a little bit. Congratulations to the falcons, you played three solid quarters and a great 30 seconds of the fourth. We played like crap until the 4th quarter and actually took the lead. I'm not a smack talking person but isn't giving up a 20 point lead in the second half considered at least a little soft?

I'm all for Atl running the table and winning big in each of their remaining games, but let us vent a little! :cussing:

Blowing a 20 point isn't soft. It's called not stepping on your throat when you have a team down and missing tackles which caused us a few games this year. Plus it's called "Your rookie QB playing lights out in the 4th quarter" and giving his team a chance.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1zoa8txk said:
-The Glove-":1zoa8txk said:
Let's not knock an opponent after a loss. What does that say about our team for losing to a "soft AtL" team?

It says that our team unfortunately blew it today.

Doesn't make the comment about Atlanta any less true.
Their team showed they were NOT soft. They held Marshawn to 46 yards and we're supposed to be epitome of a hard-nosed tough team. They were just as physical if not more.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Falcons fans need to understand that finesse and soft are interchangeable. That defense is not a physical smash mouth unit, they're soft/finesse. They still beat us. Don't get the issue here.

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I did not come across a single Seahawks fan before, during, or after the game who wasn't extremely classy. I'm glad a good bit of you are at least giving us a little bit of credit for winning the game. Not many of our opponents' fans have.

RW is a hell of a player.

hawker232

Reaction score
All the motivation for the Falcons prior to this game, was the fact that they can't win a playoff game. Now that they have proved they CAN win a playoff game, and they've got the monkey off their back, the motivation is gone. San Francisco will win next week, and more than likely win the SB.

ThrowItToJulio

Reaction score
hawker232":2r7k6e4p said:
All the motivation for the Falcons prior to this game, was the fact that they can't win a playoff game. Now that they have proved they CAN win a playoff game, and they've got the monkey off their back, the motivation is gone. San Francisco will win next week, and more than likely win the SB.

Good point. Professional football players don't have any motivation to win conference championship games.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure you can claim a team is soft when they shut down your cowbell running back. I can see being disappointed but this reeks of sour grapes. As much crap we were putting out (as fans will always do) just seems like time to man up, eat crow and roll up the flag and leave the battlefield.

Sucks and what-ifs make it worse, but Falcons responded to what had to be a deflating TD with clutch plays of their own. Tip my hat and hope some good football continues for those left.

JustCallMeJonesy

Reaction score
If we're soft and dropped 20 on you, what does that say about the Seahawks?

C'mon now, we played tough, hard, went conservative and made a few bad mistakes which let the Hawks back in the game, then got lucky at the end.

What's so special about the 49ers when they're practically the same team, except a less skilled QB and DBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.