Worst Play In NFL History (NFL Films)

OP
OP
S

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3mphc1e5 said:
I still think it may have had something to do with making Wilson the MVP or hero...Lynch wins the MVP if he runs that in...which he would of...goal line defence or not. They would of at least had a couple cracks at it. After the Kearse catch there was also some poor clock management which led to a timeout.

Apparently I'm not allowed to get too political with messages but I honestly believe this is the case. Russell is easier to stomach compared to the Beast, apparently according to the Seahawks brass. Hope they learned their lesson.

Russell Wilson = Steph Curry

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
WOW. People will believe whatever they want. To think Pete and company did what they did so Russell would have the spotlight. Whatever. You opinion is now invalid.

RussB

Reaction score
nash72":q3f7go4v said:
I remember how it went down exactly. Lynch ran us down to the 1 or 2 and my wife started grabbing me saying they're going to win another superbowl. My nephew and best friend were cheering saying you got this. I sat on the couch and kept shouting, 'don't pass the ball', 'don't pass the ball'. I'll be damned if he didn't call the pass.
Me too , i was watching it thinking i am about to witness seahawks go back to back. I was so certain they would run it i knew they would get in the end zone. I was already celebrating, then we all know what happened.......bevell.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3mh5855h said:
SixSeahawk":3mh5855h said:
Sorry if this is a repost.

[youtube]0vZ4JmQ2pjs[/youtube]

It's crazy that one play has overshadowed a whole Super Bowl win.

I can't look at anything Super Bowl XLVIII without thinking about this play. I didn't think anything could ever tarnish a Super Bowl, but this did it. I'd be much happier if Brandon Bostick had caught that onside kick.

You are right on the money with this one. Every argument or trash talking you have with another fan base always ends in "Yeah but".

The Seahawks could win the next 10 Superbowls in a row and the counter is "Yeah But, you could have had one more"

Every discussion from here until the end of sports time will talk about NFL Dynasties this will be brought up.

OP
OP
S

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":ylvyckjx said:
WOW. People will believe whatever they want. To think Pete and company did what they did so Russell would have the spotlight. Whatever. You opinion is now invalid.

Haha I didn't know you were the deciding factor in the validity of people's opinions.

And why is this possibility so far-fetched?

seafence82

Reaction score
I was at the game in the stands. The second i saw the formation i put my head down and yelled 'why the eff (language moderated) are you passing' and never saw the play live cause i knew that outcome would be bad pre-snap. Everyone who is a real hawks fan knows we aren't the type of team to spread it out and win like that. We were typically terrible with no back formation that year. Especially in that situation against that Def, there are so many other safer calls that could have been a qb draw, heavy set pass, pass run-option, ect... than a quicker hitter by a team who doesn't excel at that against a team who has to jump the route to try and win.

We went against our identity so our QB and Bevell could take the spoils of winning the SB. Love those guys because they brought us to the promised land but really thats how it went down, we didn't want to be the 'boring' team that won with def and running game when ego's where involved, and Pete should have put Bevell in his place after Bevell called out Lockette for the play.

Like some others have mentioned here i firmly believe until Pete squashes this bug and holds Bevell accountable for this we won't win another one. The team can still feel it and in the back of there minds and haven't moved on from it completely. Hard to trust the coaches 100% especially when you have one of the worst off in the NFL despite having above average talent. I think many here have seen it at our jobs where the teachers pet, including the execs, isn't held accountable. It makes us lose our motivation to give it our all because we know there is a double standard.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":ydbfqbst said:
Year of The Hawk":ydbfqbst said:

Haha I didn't know you were the deciding factor in the validity of people's opinions.

I will decide on who's opinions are valid for myself. And it is far fetched. Just like a 911 conspiracy, big foot, and ghosts. Not worth arguing.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Everyone's a genius with 20/20'hindsight vision. Play was 6 inches from working. It didn't due to a great play by Butler. Life goes on and I was still proud of that team. Funny how some want to dwell on this instead of the scintillating performance of the entire team and coaching staff in 48. I'm still walking on air from that one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":zrucpbzz said:
Everyone's a genius with 20/20'hindsight vision. Play was 6 inches from working. It didn't due to a great play by Butler. Life goes on and I was still proud of that team. Funny how some want to dwell on this instead of the scintillating performance of the entire team and coaching staff in 48. I'm still walking on air from that one.

Not to nit pick, but wouldn't he have not even been in the end zone if he'd caught it? I don't think that is 6 inches from working, I think that is six inches from being an almost dumber play.

But I will say, I think it hardly ranks as the "Worst Play in NFL History". Certainly it was a bad outcome on a big stage that tilted game. How about that game that they used to always show on Alcoa Presents: Fantastic Finishes where whatever team it was could have just knelt for the win but instead they ran a play, fumbled, and the other team won? That was the worst play ever.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":347tfpgq said:
Siouxhawk":347tfpgq said:

Not to nit pick, but wouldn't he have not even been in the end zone if he'd caught it? I don't think that is 6 inches from working, I think that is six inches from being an almost dumber play.

But I will say, I think it hardly ranks as the "Worst Play in NFL History". Certainly it was a bad outcome on a big stage that tilted game. How about that game that they used to always show on Alcoa Presents: Fantastic Finishes where whatever team it was could have just knelt for the win but instead they ran a play, fumbled, and the other team won? That was the worst play ever.
I surmise that his momentum and size would get him into the end zone. That's all.

OP
OP
S

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3a77efos said:
SixSeahawk":3a77efos said:
Year of The Hawk":3a77efos said:

I will decide on who's opinions are valid for myself. And it is far fetched. Just like a 911 conspiracy, big foot, and ghosts. Not worth arguing.

You didn't substantiate your claim at all. Like that opinion is literally based on....nothing.

Threedee

Reaction score
grizbob":2b5vbeim said:
Pretty sure I've seen this thread word for word at least 4 times. We all know Brandon Browner was the one that tipped the play. Get over it. :17:

Not until someone fires Bevell.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
As someone else said at the time, "That is the worst call since Pickett's charge at Gettysburg."
Unfortunately, the person responsible is still with the Seahawks and still making stupid play calls.. And I don't care what he says, his name isn't "Pete".

Rob12

Reaction score
Rat":wwxs4yn0 said:
Worst play in Super Bowl history was Leon Lett getting the ball knocked out of his hands at the goal line when he was showboating. It ended up not mattering, but that was much worse than what we did.

Didn't Dallas beat Buffalo by like 35 that game?

Embarrassing? Sure. Stupid? Absolutely. But I take 'worst' to mean that it was a play that completely turned the tide of a game, and what happened in 49 perfectly fits the bill.

Leon Lett being an idiot in a blowout SB win doesn't compare to the Patriots ripping a Lombardi Trophy from the Seahawks in a game that 99 percent of the nation thought we had in the bag.

I hate all the negative press about it... But the ramifications of that play call and the subsequent game ending pick are enormous.

Latest posts