Worst year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
First of all... I come in peace. On behalf of Rams fans everywhere, I want to thank the Seahawks for the unmitigated ass-whooping you laid on the Whiners last night.

While there is still a lot of football to be played, right now I feel confident in saying that it is difficult to imagine any team in the NFC beating the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs. Thus, if the Seahawks are able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs, I'd fully expect them to be playing in the Super Bowl.

That's where my question comes in.

Could this be the worst year for the Seahawks to be in the Super Bowl due to the venue?

As we all know, this year the Super Bowl will be in New Jersey in an open-air stadium.

The most obvious disadvantage is that this is an East coast game. While the Seahawks will have the advantage of an extra week to adjust, their performance in East coast games remains an issue.

Add to that the possibility of winter weather. Could that be an equalizer, to an extent? For example, a snowy field could impact Russell Wilson's mobility.

Of course, it all depends on the opponent. For example, if the AFC Champion is Denver, Peyton Manning would have to deal with the weather, which has never been his forte.

I think you'd all agree with me that the ideal scenario for a Seahawks Super Bowl would be a game in California or Arizona.

Does the prospect of playing that big game in New Jersey concern you?

P.S. This entire inquiry could be filed under "good problems to have."

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson played in Wisconsin. If he can play there, i'm sure he'll handle NY/NJ.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":18czquu5 said:
Wilson played in Wisconsin. If he can play there, i'm sure he'll handle NY/NJ.

True enough, but he didn't play a lot of games in February when he was there. None, actually.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Playing outdoors in Seattle can be pretty unpleasant. Our guys will be fine.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Super Bowl doesn't start at 10AM Pacific. It starts at what, 3:30? So time-wise, it's about perfect.

Also, our defense should travel very well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think if we did play in bad weather, it would actually help us if we played the Broncos.

Other than the Broncos, yes it could be a factor.

acbass

Reaction score
Yeah, I get what you are saying, but I've never felt that it was so much the distance that affects us as much as it is the start time. The kickoff there would be closer to our normal start, so it's not that worrisome. We have a long way to get there. We will worry about that when we get there. Like the other poster said, this defense will travel well and that's the key to our success.

themunn

Reaction score
Seattle doesn't have a problem with East coast games, they have a problem with 1pm Eastern time games... that includes games in St Louis, which hardly counts as East Coast.

That said, the sample size is too small to draw a reasonable conclusion since we play almost ALL of our east coast games at that time. (we've only played something like 6 games in the last 8 years, and a couple of them were between 08-10 when we flat out stunk up the place on the road AND at home)

Smellyman

Reaction score
I must admit, I think it is pretty lame to have the super bowl in freaking New jersey. How it affects teams and whatever, no one knows right now so it doesn't matter.

but a game in Jersey in Winter.....yuck

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
What the heck is this? Psy/Ops from an opposing fan trying to plant seeds of doubt? Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
INCORRECT.

It is the PERFECT year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender.

There is no other North American city I would rather party in for a full week before the SuperBowl.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3de31fjp said:
I must admit, I think it is pretty lame to have the super bowl in freaking New jersey. How it affects teams and whatever, no one knows right now so it doesn't matter.

but a game in Jersey in Winter.....yuck

NJ owns Hong Kong though.

Except in making NFL jerseys.

Lonnie

Reaction score
bestfightstory":nxi8ryfr said:
INCORRECT.

There is no other North American city I would rather party in for a full week before the SuperBowl.

Long time no see... er, read!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Lonnie":1o5tgrhc said:
bestfightstory":1o5tgrhc said:
INCORRECT.

Long time no see... er, read!

What's up, prelag?

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I raised this as a "random thought to ponder" type of thread.

The more I think about it, I think Denver may have the most to worry about,a s Manning has never been a great cold weather QB.

Hard to even know who the next best team in the AFC is right now.

Latest posts