Worst year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Snow game would be the best conditions for our run first offense, shutdown defense. This is the BEST year to be a contender based on SB locale.

My friend said a guy asked "Who's going to the Super Bowl this year?"

He said, "The Seahawks"

guy asked, "Who they gonna play against?"

My friend answered, "The losing team."

AgentDib

Reaction score
AvengerRam":40aub6cy said:
I think you'd all agree with me that the ideal scenario for a Seahawks Super Bowl would be a game in California or Arizona.
????????

Are you aware that we have a NFL stadium here in Washington State?

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
AgentDib":41kzjxnw said:
AvengerRam":41kzjxnw said:
I think you'd all agree with me that the ideal scenario for a Seahawks Super Bowl would be a game in California or Arizona.
????????

Yes.

Are you aware that the Super Bowl has been held in California and Arizona, but never in Washington State?

Are you aware that the Super Bowl has always been held in warm weather cities, or dome stadiums?

Are you aware that the reason a Super Bowl was set for the NY/NJ area was to help with the post 9/11 recovery?

Are you aware that, after this year, the next three Super Bowl are set for Glendale, Arizona, Santa Clara, California, and Houston, Texas?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3dzahfdq said:
AgentDib":3dzahfdq said:
AvengerRam":3dzahfdq said:
????????

Yes.

Are you aware that the Super Bowl has been held in California and Arizona, but never in Washington State?

Are you aware that the Super Bowl has always been held in warm weather cities, or dome stadiums?

Are you aware that the reason a Super Bowl was set for the NY/NJ area was to help with the post 9/11 recovery?

Are you aware that, after this year, the next three Super Bowl are set for Glendale, Arizona, Santa Clara, California, and Houston, Texas?

Well, as a lawyer, I am sure you understand the importance of semantics. You did say ideal...

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Some of us operate in the realm of reality, and confine our ideals within that parameter.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The weather conditions do not affect this team. They are built for all situations.

However there is little point in a Seahawks fan even talking about it until it becomes a reality. It is only week 2.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Don't buy it at all. If anything, it's the BEST year for us to potentially play a Super Bowl in cold weather.

This team is built for the elements; power run game, stout defensive front, and speed and athleticism in the back seven.

If we were to face Denver, playing in that cold weather environment instead of the fast track would DEFINITELY help. Anything to slow down Peyton would be a plus.

I hate to weigh in on this topic, just because I don't want to put the cart ahead of the horse. Couldn't resist.

kearly

Reaction score
If there are winter conditions in the SB, that favors Seattle. Especially if it's against a team like New England or Denver.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":28nujgm8 said:
If there are winter conditions in the SB, that favors Seattle. Especially if it's against a team like New England or Denver.

Why do you say that, Kearly? If not a typo, I don't see the advantage we'd have over teams that live, practice and play in the white stuff.

We do have a better running game than those teams, but a slick surface favors passing teams. The WRs know where they are going...the defender does not, making them more likely to slip while trying to track the receiver. What am I missing here?