Worst year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender?

Lonnie

Reaction score
bestfightstory":oa9kz2c0 said:
Lonnie":oa9kz2c0 said:
bestfightstory":oa9kz2c0 said:
INCORRECT.

It is the PERFECT year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender.

There is no other North American city I would rather party in for a full week before the SuperBowl.

Long time no see... er, read!

What's up, prelag?

LOL! How's the diving been this summer?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Lonnie":2drba4sq said:
bestfightstory":2drba4sq said:
Lonnie":2drba4sq said:
bestfightstory":2drba4sq said:
INCORRECT.

It is the PERFECT year for the Seahawks to be a Super Bowl contender.

There is no other North American city I would rather party in for a full week before the SuperBowl.

Long time no see... er, read!

What's up, prelag?

LOL! How's the diving been this summer?

Summer is gonzo, man, been deep into gliding. How is Your good friend, Hawkadeus these days?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No way...I'd be worried about facing the Seahawks defense outdoors in bad weather. That is a recipe for an absolute bludgeoning

formido

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1hnhbcw8 said:
First of all... I come in peace. On behalf of Rams fans everywhere, I want to thank the Seahawks for the unmitigated ass-whooping you laid on the Whiners last night.

While there is still a lot of football to be played, right now I feel confident in saying that it is difficult to imagine any team in the NFC beating the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs. Thus, if the Seahawks are able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs, I'd fully expect them to be playing in the Super Bowl.

That's where my question comes in.

Could this be the worst year for the Seahawks to be in the Super Bowl due to the venue?

As we all know, this year the Super Bowl will be in New Jersey in an open-air stadium.

The most obvious disadvantage is that this is an East coast game. While the Seahawks will have the advantage of an extra week to adjust, their performance in East coast games remains an issue.

Add to that the possibility of winter weather. Could that be an equalizer, to an extent? For example, a snowy field could impact Russell Wilson's mobility.

Of course, it all depends on the opponent. For example, if the AFC Champion is Denver, Peyton Manning would have to deal with the weather, which has never been his forte.

I think you'd all agree with me that the ideal scenario for a Seahawks Super Bowl would be a game in California or Arizona.

Does the prospect of playing that big game in New Jersey concern you?

P.S. This entire inquiry could be filed under "good problems to have."

Playing in inclement weather is a disadvantage for finesse teams with QBs that have average sized hands. Neither of these apply to Seattle.

Johnny

Reaction score
No playing in an outdoor stadium in NJ does not worry me.....

If we do make it to the Super Bowl we will be playing most likely the Broncos or the Texans, IMO...

1) Peyton is horrible in the cold weather...
2) The Texans are a dome team form Texas, I don't know what they would do if they saw snow, maybe call the game off until it clears up?

3) Cold weather is what our team is built around,, Very good running game, Very good defense...

Zowert

Reaction score
I don't think it will be a problem if it is Seahawks and Broncos in the Superbowl. We will both have to travel considerable difference. Broncos are used to throwing and kicking the ball in that thin mile high air. So playing in NJ, near sea level (about the same altitude as Seattle) will be a mild adjustment for the Broncos in the thicker atmosphere.

It would really suck if It was Seattle and one of the teams in the area; Giants, Jets or Patriots. Neither of those teams seem to be a contender right now. The Pats are the only ones out of those three. Hypothetically, if we had to play one of the New York teams in the Superbowl, in their stadium. We'd be screwed. They'd literally have home field advantage. Not sure how much of the 12 man would make the trip across the nation...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Didn't read much of the thread, but for me, NO EXCUSES!

It may be harder, the venue may be farther from home, but at the end of the day none of that matters if you come out to play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AvengerRam":u1e81uya said:
I raised this as a "random thought to ponder" type of thread.

The more I think about it, I think Denver may have the most to worry about,a s Manning has never been a great cold weather QB.

Hard to even know who the next best team in the AFC is right now.

Have to figure with the Broncos schedule they will take HFA again.. so if the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl, Peyton is winning two cold weather games.

That's why I can see Denver being that paper champion in the regular season again before slipping up in the playoffs. But you're right, the AFC is incredibly weak right now.

sutz

Reaction score
Only if Peyton announces his retirement before the game.

:229031_shrug:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I disagree. We play tough defense and run the ball first. That's bad weather football.

THIS is our year to get there. If we get our OL issues worked out, this might be an un-loseable game for us....depending on the opponent of course.

If you've ever played football in the heavy rain up here, on grass.....advantage actually goes to the offense. Running the ball, you know where to cut, the defender has to react. If it's slick, you have to be careful; if you push off too fast, you slip and go down.

This helps Beastmode and Wilson. They only have to make one cut or spin move, and the defender won't be able to react as quickly and keep his footing.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2as6rwlq said:
First of all... I come in peace. On behalf of Rams fans everywhere, I want to thank the Seahawks for the unmitigated ass-whooping you laid on the Whiners last night.

While there is still a lot of football to be played, right now I feel confident in saying that it is difficult to imagine any team in the NFC beating the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs. Thus, if the Seahawks are able to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs, I'd fully expect them to be playing in the Super Bowl.

That's where my question comes in.

Could this be the worst year for the Seahawks to be in the Super Bowl due to the venue?

As we all know, this year the Super Bowl will be in New Jersey in an open-air stadium.

The most obvious disadvantage is that this is an East coast game. While the Seahawks will have the advantage of an extra week to adjust, their performance in East coast games remains an issue.

Add to that the possibility of winter weather. Could that be an equalizer, to an extent? For example, a snowy field could impact Russell Wilson's mobility.

Of course, it all depends on the opponent. For example, if the AFC Champion is Denver, Peyton Manning would have to deal with the weather, which has never been his forte.

I think you'd all agree with me that the ideal scenario for a Seahawks Super Bowl would be a game in California or Arizona.

Does the prospect of playing that big game in New Jersey concern you?

P.S. This entire inquiry could be filed under "good problems to have."

As you stated, you have two weeks to prepare for a SB, that's plenty of time to adjust. Have you ever had jet lag (it takes like 3-4 days to adjust not 14). The hawks have already been practicing at 10 AM since the pre-season so time zone is not an excuse. As for winter weather, it's cold in Seattle, maybe not Lambeau cold, but colder than SF. They're not making that excuse, I'm not either. BTW...why are we even talking about this? let's get to the SB first before we start worrying, still got 14 regular season games ahead of us.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
If they are truly concerned about the snow factor they should come and practice in Spokane when the snow hits. We get a pretty cold winter. Any real hard hits are going to hurt more cause of the cold.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, not buying it as a problem. We have a great defense and like to run the ball. Poor weather should play right into our hands. We can win football games with less than 100 yards passing... there are many teams in the league that cannot.

If we get into an inclement weather situation, against a team that tries to pass against us, our defense could easily come up with three or four picks, just like last night...

chrispy

Reaction score
Feb 2 2015 We'll all know which Superbowl was easier to win.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Is this the new Rams smack?

"OH YEAH?? Well you're going to have to be cold when you win the Super Bowl! HA!"

Sac

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2b7folz9 said:
Is this the new Rams smack?

"OH YEAH?? Well you're going to have to be cold when you win the Super Bowl! HA!"

I literally lol'd at this. Nice.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If we play in the SB we'll more than likely be playing the Broncos.

Manning is much better indoors than outdoors. Yes I realize he's good anywhere but if it's a bad-weather game and we are facing the Broncos (well, most any afc contender really) I will take the legion of boom against any afc QB. That simple. End of story.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's an away game for whoever the AFC rep is, too. Not worried. I mean, obviously, it will impact us; but no more than the other team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s0y7d7db said:
It's an away game for whoever the AFC rep is, too. Not worried. I mean, obviously, it will impact us; but no more than the other team.

Come on, now. The Jets would...

Yeah, I can't finish that with a straight face.