Would/could a new buyer...

WarHawks

Reaction score
...move the team? That's hard to imagine given the stadium in place, team profitability and so on, and I can't imagine a clause to keep the team in Seattle wouldn't be part of the sale, but even so, just thought I'd ask.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
A new buyer can and will do whatever the **** they want. There's no reason to think a new buyer won't move the team for promises of an even newer stadium. I could see a guy like Elon Musk moving the team to somewhere like Oklahoma city because "Seattle is too woke"....

LastRideOut

Reaction score
It's too bad there is no public option for football teams. If the stadiums are publicly funded, so too, should the teams.

But that's not the society we live in.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
Hard to imagine the Hawks leaving. They draw fans from the entire PNW. I hope keeping the team here is a requirement of sale.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A new buyer can and will do whatever the **** they want. There's no reason to think a new buyer won't move the team for promises of an even newer stadium. I could see a guy like Elon Musk moving the team to somewhere like Oklahoma city because "Seattle is too woke"....
Not woke enough to stop watching football though....

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Isn't Green Bay kind of like that?
Green Bay is exactly like that. It's the one stadium it's damn hard to get into because of the local ownership. Just because one team has a local ownership, a bond to their community and a good business model like that, doesn't mean the kind of crazy idiots attracted to owning football teams would ever be loyal to anything but ego and or filling their pockets.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well yeah, but Guys like Elon are so rich privilidged and full of themselves, they do things like that just to spite cities or whatever. I could see it happening...
I doubt they'd want or approve Elon as an owner but a guy like Bezos would have the money to do what he wants and likely get league approval for ownership. Not sure on his status of wokeness..

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I doubt they'd want or approve Elon as an owner but a guy like Bezos would have the money to do what he wants and likely get league approval for ownership. Not sure on his status of wokeness..
We know he has a beef with Seattle though, moved Aamazon out didn't he?

My point is, there's really no protection for an owner that wants to get seduced away by promises of big stadiums and markets. There are bigger markets than Seattle.

Likely the only protection we have as a fanbase is if Jody makes sure to sell to someone who wishes to keep the team here.

BTW "Lumen Field" is already an aging, "not up to modern standards" stadium. A lot of owners would demand a new one within 5 years. If Seattle doesn't cough up, expect the fans to get shafted, it's just how this stuff works.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We know he has a beef with Seattle though, moved Aamazon out didn't he?

My point is, there's really no protection for an owner that wants to get seduced away by promises of big stadiums and markets. There are bigger markets than Seattle.

Likely the only protection we have as a fanbase is if Jody makes sure to sell to someone who wishes to keep the team here.

BTW "Lumen Field" is already an aging, "not up to modern standards" stadium. A lot of owners would demand a new one within 5 years. If Seattle doesn't cough up, expect the fans to get shafted, it's just how this stuff works.
San Antonio Seahawks...hmmmm..

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Lumen field is now 20, 25 years is the life span nowadays. If Seattle isn't willing to build a new state of the art in 5 years, expect the Seahawks to go bye bye, that's the cruel reality...

I'd probably lay money on the team leaving, if I were a betting man.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No, God no...

I HOPE, if we do lose the team, they at least have respect enough to leave us the team name and stuff, but IDK if we could expect even that.
I guess they'd have to look at merchandising and if bringing that brand to a new location would fly.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We're not going to have a team in Seattle 10 years from now. I've come to expect the worst.

Jac

Reaction score
Lumen field is now 20, 25 years is the life span nowadays. If Seattle isn't willing to build a new state of the art in 5 years, expect the Seahawks to go bye bye, that's the cruel reality...

I'd probably lay money on the team leaving, if I were a betting man.
And how are you going to get 3/4 of the owners to give up on the Seattle market?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
And how are you going to get 3/4 of the owners to give up on the Seattle market?
IDK that the NFL has any loyalty to any market. If the team moved to a bigger market, why would anyone object?

Is that a requirement for a team to move? If so that give me some hope. Team owners are about profit and ego though. Many have learned they can extort cities for new stadiums.

Latest posts