Would/could a new buyer...

CactusJack

Reaction score
Lol no. The stadium is still one of the best around the league today.

Change is needed. But the team isn't moving anytime soon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My prediction is Bezos buys the team after the 10% early sale penalty tax is up next March, which would clear the way for Jody Allen and the Allen Estate to sell the team.........as per the will directive.

When Allen cut a deal with King County to build Century Link, the county put a clause in that if he sold the team before March of 2024 the county would receive 10% of the sale price. That's up next March.

And since Bezos was sniffing around the Commanders before they were sold? It only stands to reason he'd make a hard run at the Hawks when they're put up for sale. Seems like a perfect fit for me. He's made it very clear he wants to be an NFL owner.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is being heavily linked with a definitive move into the sporting ownership world as he has been repeatedly rumoured to be purchasing the Washington Commanders. Fresh information suggests that he may actually be eyeing up a different team to make his move into the NFL.

Sports Illustrated have reported that Bezos is equally, or even more interested in purchasing the Seattle Seahawks rather than the Commanders.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
If the new owner moves the team, that would really be doing Seattle and the entire Pacific Northwest dirty after what happened with the Sonics. The PNW deserves an NFL team. I hope the league has a say in it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If the new owner moves the team, that would really be doing Seattle and the entire Pacific Northwest dirty after what happened with the Sonics. The PNW deserves an NFL team. I hope the league has a say in it.

The other owners have to vote on it.

I can't even imagine a scenario where a new owner would want to move the Hawks away from not only a great stadium situation, but one of the most affluent die hard fanbases in the entire country with a 4-5 state demographic monopoly.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
The other owners have to vote on it.

I can't even imagine a scenario where a new owner would want to move the Hawks away from not only a great stadium situation, but one of the most affluent die hard fanbases in the entire country with a 4-5 state demographic monopoly.
I sure hope so. That gives me hope. Thanks.

Jac

Reaction score
My prediction is Bezos buys the team after the 10% early sale penalty tax is up next March, which would clear the way for Jody Allen and the Allen Estate to sell the team.........as per the will directive.

When Allen cut a deal with King County to build Century Link, the county put a clause in that if he sold the team before March of 2024 the county would receive 10% of the sale price. That's up next March.

And since Bezos was sniffing around the Commanders before they were sold? It only stands to reason he'd make a hard run at the Hawks when they're put up for sale. Seems like a perfect fit for me. He's made it very clear he wants to be an NFL owner.

Yep, you know he wants to be on camera in the owner's booth with his girlfriend. And you know the NFL wants him in their ownership group. It's just a match waiting to happen pending that 2024 clause. I just feel like we're in franchise limbo until then.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, you know he wants to be on camera in the owner's booth with his girlfriend. And you know the NFL wants him in their ownership group. It's just a match waiting to happen pending that 2024 clause. I just feel like we're in franchise limbo until then.

Right. This is why I don't think anything will happen with Pete until his contract runs out in 2025. It could take that long for the Allen estate, Jody and the league to vet any new ownership group and approve the sale.

It's been painfully obvious since Paul died that Jody has just fine with Pete running the organization, thus why she probably made his extension through the 2025 season. She knew that's when she'd be able to sell the team.

Jac

Reaction score
Right. This is why I don't think anything will happen with Pete until his contract runs out in 2025. It could take that long for the Allen estate, Jody and the league to vet any new ownership group and approve the sale.

It's been painfully obvious since Paul died that Jody has just fine with Pete running the organization, thus why she probably made his extension through the 2025 season. She knew that's when she'd be able to sell the team.
That's what makes next year frustrating. We're not building toward anything. It could easily be Carroll + Geno Smith next year. We're going through the motions with an eye toward a franchise reset in 2025.