Wow what a difference a season makes!

rastahawk

Reaction score
Coming into the 2013 season, the Texans were AFC favorites for the SB, Redskins had RGIII back, Cowboys were slated for a division title, the Falcons were going to make another run for the SB, and the Lions were going to be a contender. The Texans crashed and burned, Kubiak is gone. Same with the Skins, Shanny is gone. Cowboys saw Orton do his Romo impression in their final game and flamed out. Falcons laid a massive brick, and the Lions dug their own grave, now Schwartz is also gone. Man this league. One day you're gearing for a run, the next day you're back to square one! Ahhh such a relief not to be in one of those fan bases.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Also, the Cards were looking to crap the bed and the Rams were looking to be in the playoffs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rastahawk":b9yvsz97 said:
Coming into the 2013 season, the Texans were AFC favorites for the SB, Redskins had RGIII back, Cowboys were slated for a division title, the Falcons were going to make another run for the SB, and the Lions were going to be a contender. The Texans crashed and burned, Kubiak is gone. Same with the Skins, Shanny is gone. Cowboys saw Orton do his Romo impression in their final game and flamed out. Falcons laid a massive brick, and the Lions dug their own grave, now Schwartz is also gone. Man this league. One day you're gearing for a run, the next day you're back to square one! Ahhh such a relief not to be in one of those fan bases.
No worries. None of those teams have PC/JS or T3000 (Wilson) or Harvin plus a defense comparable to the 1985 Bears.

el capitan

Reaction score
The Falcons demise is probably the most shocking, I mean I know they had injuries but they still had Matt Ryan, Steven Jackson, Tony Gonzalez and most of their starting Defense. Some players missed significant games like Sean Weatherspoon and Roddy White but to go from hosting the NFC Championship game to 4-12 is pretty bad.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
And you forgot, Russell Wilson was the only one out of RG3, Luck and Krapernick who was supposed to have a sophomore slump!

rideaducati

Reaction score
el capitan":2521kjgd said:
The Falcons demise is probably the most shocking, I mean I know they had injuries but they still had Matt Ryan, Steven Jackson, Tony Gonzalez and most of their starting Defense. Some players missed significant games like Sean Weatherspoon and Roddy White but to go from hosting the NFC Championship game to 4-12 is pretty bad.

Offensively: I guess offensive tackles are kind of important and 30 year old RBs aren't. Whodda thunk?

Defensively: Having most of their starting defense was the problem, that unit needed an overhaul. They cut their best pass rusher prior to the season before having a suitable replacement.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Looking at the Falcons in retrospect you my of seen this happen if they had major injuries to the offense. Houston to me is a bigger mess considering they actually have a pretty good defense and still went into the tank. Kubiak did a horroble job of scaling back the offense to play to their defense.

Latest posts