WR Roster Battle

Which 2 WR's are we most likely to keep?

• Lockette

Votes: 50 41.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Norwood

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Richardson

Votes: 83 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

netskier

Reaction score
So how valuable is that? It reminds me of a home run hitter in baseball with a low batting average, which must have been well analyzed by statisticians. What is the deepest analysis of this problem?

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":106dho6e said:
netskier":106dho6e said:
Is Kearse still dropping many catchable balls? Anybody see him in camp?

Yes, but then just before the end of practice he makes an incredible catch that makes people forget how awful the drops he had earlier in the day were.

We get it you hate Kearse, you would rather have Percy Harvin or just about anyone else over him, he could catch 25 TD passes in a season and you would still call him a Hack, every post concerning Kearse is about how he shouldn't be here, should be cut, wouldn't get playing time anywhere else etc.

Regardless when a big catch is needed and it's thrown to him he delivers 9 out of 10 times, he is the type of player thhat takes the heart out of the opposition, he is that bench player that comes in when your down ten and sinks three 3 pointers and misses a layup but sinks the foul shot.

Be glad we have a clutch guy, we take far too many of our players for granted, also his downfield blocking never gets mentioned but he is a monster in tha regard as well, he is more then a guy that just catches passes.

netskier

Reaction score
Personally, until I see an analysis that convinces me otherwise, I prefer a hundred percent catch rate with passes long enough to keep drives alive.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
chris98251":275zdlei said:
rideaducati":275zdlei said:
netskier":275zdlei said:

Yes, but then just before the end of practice he makes an incredible catch that makes people forget how awful the drops he had earlier in the day were.

We get it you hate Kearse, you would rather have Percy Harvin or just about anyone else over him, he could catch 25 TD passes in a season and you would still call him a Hack, every post concerning Kearse is about how he shouldn't be here, should be cut, wouldn't get playing time anywhere else etc.

Regardless when a big catch is needed and it's thrown to him he delivers 9 out of 10 times, he is the type of player thhat takes the heart out of the opposition, he is that bench player that comes in when your down ten and sinks three 3 pointers and misses a layup but sinks the foul shot.

Be glad we have a clutch guy, we take far too many of our players for granted, also his downfield blocking never gets mentioned but he is a monster in tha regard as well, he is more then a guy that just catches passes.

sorry but if not for a miracle Kearse would of cost the win on the NF championship...also the big drop which very well may have sealed the sb on 3rd down. He is a 4th stringer at best..Against toe 1 or 2 DB's he is invisible for the most part....I would hardly call him clutch.....

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
rideaducati":2v9q37wa said:
Hawkfiend":2v9q37wa said:
Unless Norwood has a great preseason I don't see him making the roster, he's proven nothing so far. I originally thought Lockette would get cut but with Lane already out and the emphasis this team has on special teams I don't see that happening. Those who don't think Kearse has earned a roster spot are crazy.

Kearse HAS earned a roster spot and that spot would probably be as a 4th receiver. The only problem with that is that the second and third receivers ahead of him get paid less COMBINED than Kearse is set to make. That is why I don't think he will be on the team when the season starts.

I meant on the 53 man roster NOT now. I'm well aware of how much Kearse makes in comparison to the other WR's but we've only had a small sample size of Matthews so the jury is still out on how effective he'll be. Kearse has much more meaningful game experience and clutch catches to his name. What has Norwood done to make you think he's earned a spot on the 53 man roster? Being cheap isn't an answer.

netskier

Reaction score
For comparison to Kearse, and others, has anyone here observed the proportion of catchable balls caught by Norwood? I recall reading here last year that it was very high.

cheese22

Reaction score
I really hope our younger guys develop quickly. I know we've reached the sb twice, but I don't see us reaching our true potential as long as Baldwin and Kearse are our best two wr options. I think they make great 3 and 4 options but I don't see either of them starting on too many other teams in the league, at least not teams who have any passing game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1onzpj9t said:
chris98251":1onzpj9t said:
rideaducati":1onzpj9t said:
netskier":1onzpj9t said:

sorry but if not for a miracle Kearse would of cost the win on the NF championship...also the big drop which very well may have sealed the sb on 3rd down. He is a 4th stringer at best..Against toe 1 or 2 DB's he is invisible for the most part....I would hardly call him clutch.....
This. Nobody talks about that drop in the superbowl when we needed a drive to keep new England offense off the field.

netskier

Reaction score
My hunch is that Tyler Lockett is becoming our number one, and that the coaches are giving Chris Mathews a fair evaluation, so they could end up being our top two. So could Lockett and Baldwin.

I like the idea of having both a quick set and a talk set of receivers, to force the defense to have both a tall pair of cornerbacks and a super quick pair. Easy to get mismatches this way.

Mathews and Norwood, plus Lockett and Baldwin.

Plus a fast set of Richardson and Ricardo Lockett going deep.

With Graham in with all three receiver types to provide outlet relief.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Richardson was being kept, injury or not, there really only is 2 spots open because once he's cleared the other dude is gonezo.

I'll say Matthews, Norwood and Lockette will all be kept and probably a mystery injury will send one of those 3 to IR when Richardson comes back.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Kearse wil be a Seahawk in in 2015. As for Lockette...

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":27d3wba3 said:
rideaducati":27d3wba3 said:
netskier":27d3wba3 said:

I don't hate Kearse. Far from it actually. I just don't think he is worth what his contract pays. If Kearse would catch more of the balls thrown to him earlier in games, the opponent's heart would have been gone long before the fourth quarter. Those "spectacular" catches he makes are more because he has to make them in traffic because he doesn't get much, if any, separation than they are because he is a really good receiver. I think there are better options available to the Seahawks now. If they aren't better, they're just as good and cheaper.

I would love to have Kearse on the team. I just don't want him STARTING. If Kearse is starting again, the Seahawk WR corps isn't very good and if he isn't starting he is being paid too much. Something's gotta give.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Kearse was the most impressive receiver I saw on Thursday at camp. He's great at getting his body in position to make a play on the ball. As of now, he's locked in.

Tical21

Reaction score
Kearse authored arguably the three biggest catches in franchise history. He's not going anywhere until he's properly dethroned.

Kevin Smith has probably already made the practice squad and at this point may be on the active roster if we played a game today. He's been that good. He's not small, shown very good hands, and was scary quick before the injury and has shown some flashes of catching that lightning again.

I'm really surprised to hear the McNeil switch. He'd been getting pretty amazing reviews. I think it means they are planning on keeping him one way or another.

I think you can take Matthews and Richardson off that list. There is no way we cut either one of them. I agree that you've got Lockette, Norwood, Smith and everybody else fighting for two spots. Also, they may not even keep 6 if they plan on playing Jimmy outside some or playing a lot of 2 TE.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":125xtlhf said:
rideaducati":125xtlhf said:
I just don't want him STARTING.
Then who do you want starting?

Someone better.

I know, I know, no other receiver on the roster has proven blah blah blah. Kearse isn't worth 5 times the pay of ANY other WR on the roster, but he is getting paid 5 times more than MANY other WRs on the roster.

massari

Reaction score
What's the reason the Hawks released a guy like Leon Washington and keep someone like Lockette? I thought they just didn't want to waste roster spots for guys who only contributed to Special teams?

Was that more of a salary cap or performance thing?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Why all the hate on Kearse and Lockette? They aren't the best receivers in the league but they are definitely good enough to make our 53 man roster.

Laloosh

Reaction score
massari":14v7qom6 said:
What's the reason the Hawks released a guy like Leon Washington and keep someone like Lockette? I thought they just didn't want to waste roster spots for guys who only contributed to Special teams?

Was that more of a salary cap or performance thing?
Cap thing.

Latest posts