You notice after one bad game..

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
All the Debbie Downers show up and flood this board. It gets so bad that I don’t even want to read posts anymore. I will not come back until we start winning again and the Negative Nancys go into hiding again. We all know who they are and when they make their whiny appearances. :lol:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
A lot of people hate losing more then winning. A lot of people root for individuals more then the team. It is what it is.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
It's been that way for awhile. It's one of the reasons so many people no longer come here.

This team is doing better than most people thought they would. We're 10-3! I guess to some folks that's a pretty bad record. But to me it's a damn good record; and I'm proud of the 'Hawks.

I always wonder if folks whom love to denigrate the team for anything less than perfection, demand that same perfection from themselves?

Two cents.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
She makes a hell of a point. There's a reason a friend of mine came up with the name Seahawks dot negative. The whole complaining after every WIN is pretty much a regular thing. Instead of enjoying a win, regardless what the score is. 10-3, come on Hawks, you're not 13-0! Slackers.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21bo4k3a said:
She makes a hell of a point. There's a reason a friend of mine came up with the name Seahawks dot negative.

Thats any sports forum. Go look at all the NFL teams message boards. Its less if team just sucks. Its worse when the team gives us hope.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We're not being negative. We're just aware that there's now no hope and life has no meaning.

D

DomeHawk

I agree to a point BUT this game seemed to be more about HOW we lost, like in almost every aspect of the game..

It feels like we were exposed more than just a bad game.

We shall see.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5 straight weeks of winning and what should be a positive vibe.
One ugly loss and we are now exposed and a fraud. Nah, this team is still damn good.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think people tend to be more negative after the coaches lay a complete egg. They did not adjust, especially on defense, and instead of trying to scheme an answer to the Rams offense, we see the same thing every time with the same results. I think the players executed poorly because they were put in a position to fail all night.

MrThortan

Reaction score
People will and can respond negatively to just about anything. There must be a sense of gratification that comes from venting/bitching that some find more rewarding than heaping praise. I think it is best to walk the middle path between doomsayer and homer, where perception is ruled by unbiased reason. Easier said than done though. Someone could win a million dollars and their first response would be to complain about the taxes they had to pay.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LymonHawk":v9haqqrl said:
It's been that way for awhile.

Yeah since sports was invented.

Here's a video of Patriots fans fighting each other after their loss to KC on Sunday.

[youtube]sSy-nDTVsfw[/youtube]

What the hell do Patriots fans have to fight about? They've been good for 20 years straight with six SB rings.

That's the nature of sports, fans complain....................which is fine. It's what makes this a cool place to come, somewhere we can vent and complain with like minded (most of the time) fans who also like to complain and discuss the team.

Sure it grates on me, especially the everyone's against us chicken littles. But overall I find most of the people on here positive and when they do complain, they're at least constructive.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3un3eana said:
LymonHawk":3un3eana said:
It's been that way for awhile.

Yeah since sports was invented.

Here's a video of Patriots fans fighting each other after their loss to KC on Sunday.

[youtube]sSy-nDTVsfw[/youtube]

What the hell do Patriots fans have to fight about? They've been good for 20 years straight with six SB rings.

That's the nature of sports, fans complain....................which is fine. It's what makes this a cool place to come, somewhere we can vent and complain with like minded (most of the time) fans who also like to complain and discuss the team.

Sure it grates on me, especially the everyone's against us chicken littles. But overall I find most of the people on here positive and when they do complain, they're at least constructive.

I agree with you here.

sutz

Reaction score
Yep, and everybody comes in to flail away at their favorite whipping boy for who's to blame. :snack:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
cymatica":1ts9y3wp said:
I think people tend to be more negative after the coaches lay a complete egg. They did not adjust, especially on defense, and instead of trying to scheme an answer to the Rams offense, we see the same thing every time with the same results. I think the players executed poorly because they were put in a position to fail all night.
This is the source of my discouragement. Rams own our D and little ever seems to change to stop that. That said, even if the Hawks finish 12-4 with a WC I'll be very pleased with the season. They are in the middle of a retool (especially the defense). I predicted 8-8 last year and 10-6 this year so my expectations have been wonderfully surpassed 2 years in a row.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
sutz":5fl35b51 said:
Yep, and everybody comes in to flail away at their favorite whipping boy for who's to blame. :snack:
THIS! So much THIS....
There is a Russ hating entourage here(not very big) that ALWAYS barks when he has an off game. They NEVER post when he is doing good. Part of the reason it has been nice here for most of the season.
And then there are the Pete haters(a much bigger group). I can go on. They know who they are.
I have great perspective living in Lions country. Man, oh man they have it bad. It makes me so glad I am a Seahawk fan. :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

SoulfishHawk":3lvcsmw9 said:
The Niners just gave up 46 points. 46. Were they exposed? Asking for a friend

I wrote that it "seemed" as if we were exposed and then followed up with "we shall see."

Given the games this year it is not an unreasonable concern.

Latest posts