You notice after one bad game..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. Inconsistent w/out a doubt this year. But the games starting with the Niners and thru the Vikings games, you could see some real improvement. Adding Diggs was huge for this team.

D

DomeHawk

Sports fans in general are the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" crowd.

I saw an Native American acquaintance coming out of the store after the game, he was all decked in Seahawks' gear. "well, that was shitty huh?" I yelled to him.

"Keeps you humble" he shouted back.

Thank you, I thought.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3cddtahq said:
sutz":3cddtahq said:
Yep, and everybody comes in to flail away at their favorite whipping boy for who's to blame. :snack:
THIS! So much THIS....
There is a Russ hating entourage here(not very big) that ALWAYS barks when he has an off game. They NEVER post when he is doing good. Part of the reason it has been nice here for most of the season.
And then there are the Pete haters(a much bigger group). I can go on. They know who they are.
I have great perspective living in Lions country. Man, oh man they have it bad. It makes me so glad I am a Seahawk fan. :2thumbs:

If the contingent of haters here is relatively small to non-existent............why do you let the vocal minority bother you?

In general I think most people here are cool and we understand how lucky we are to have such a great team, coach, players and organization to root for. Lord knows we've seen how bad it can be if anyone's over the age of 30.

Idk, I think it'd be a pretty boring forum if it was all sunshine and roses. It's the critical part of how to fix things is what's interesting to me about sports.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's not just people pissing and moaning about a win or a loss it's the personal attacks and vendettas that people have adopted in recent years that has led to an almost complete demise of the original people that were on this board from the beginning or near it.

I could list a bunch of them but why bother. Let them wallow in their own pit of misery.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":a2jpk91w said:
She makes a hell of a point. There's a reason a friend of mine came up with the name Seahawks dot negative. The whole complaining after every WIN is pretty much a regular thing. Instead of enjoying a win, regardless what the score is. 10-3, come on Hawks, you're not 13-0! Slackers.

This place used to be called homers.net at other websites following the Hawks, now everyone posting hates Pete, the DC, the OC, etc., etc., b/c Cable is gone and normal blame game nonsense litters the board. I preferred the previous version to the .negative. There has been lately a lot of Ad Hominem (argument against the person rather than against the the idea) attacks which need to stop. It is alright to disagree and to state your reasons for doing so without resort to calling another poster an idiot or worse. Our old friend Les would have woodshedded many of the negative posters especially those being purposefully unfriendly. In the end most of us here are fans of the same team and unhappy when they lose and supposedly happy when they win. We are all capable of sensible discussion w/o the need to call names.

I'm uncertain why there is is a need to complain about winning, but has been a pattern this season. It seems the team can't win by enough to some when they win. If it's not 49-0 they screwed up and someone is to blame. It's the NFL we watch and not college football where the Alabama team is playing Fred's University and it's 63-3 early in 3rd Q. We need to remember the other team get paid too and they usually have more than one good player.

Pit of misery, dilly dilly.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well said. As much as I joke about it, I love coming to this site and talking football. It's entertaining in so many ways. Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

soxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe everyone's secretly afraid that we'll waste these great years of opportunity? I know I am.

You don't get a GM/Coach/QB talent combo like this too often. It's paid off for the Patriots & Steelers with multiple championships.

We're hoping we get ours. Many of us put in many years of suffering and mediocrity, and feel like it's our time. It's nice to have winning seasons, but the championships are what really count.

Here's to hoping this team learns from Sunday and focuses on being the best. Need some players to emerge as leaders/voices on Defense aka Sherm, Bennett, Avril, and Earl. They had fire in their bellies and ice water in their veins. Still trying to figure out who has that on this year's squad.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1so04wvo said:
Well said. As much as I joke about it, I love coming to this site and talking football. It's entertaining in so many ways. Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:
3rd time I ever agreed with you. We all want to be right and we all want to have the last word . Fan forums are all over and they all have the same situations as here . I have to admit that this is entertainment for me . and just for chits and giggles...can we imagine what would happen in here ; if the AZ Cardinals " flutterd " into Seattle and won :!: :!: ...that would be several days of carnage in here ; but entertaining to the max . :D

Tamerlane

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1094q529 said:
All the Debbie Downers show up and flood this board. It gets so bad that I don’t even want to read posts anymore. I will not come back until we start winning again and the Negative Nancys go into hiding again. We all know who they are and when they make their whiny appearances. :lol:

Well said. For some perspective again, the 2019 Seahawks are:

- #4 youngest team in the league, the last time I checked, and are still in a rebuilding year;
- #2 most injured team, by missed player games (that was before Penny!); and they faced the
- #1 toughest schedule by opponent DVOA through week14.

And yet they are 10-3, a virtual lock for the playoffs, and still a solid contender for #1 seed in the NFC. You could not possibly squeeze more results from a team that almost no one saw going far. And to top it all off, because of where tthey are in their youth and rebuilding cycle, the Seahawks are absolutely loaded with draft and salary cap ammunition for the years ahead.

cymatica

Reaction score
Tamerlane":2h5l07mb said:
Seahwkgal":2h5l07mb said:
All the Debbie Downers show up and flood this board. It gets so bad that I don’t even want to read posts anymore. I will not come back until we start winning again and the Negative Nancys go into hiding again. We all know who they are and when they make their whiny appearances. :lol:

- #2 most injured team, by missed player games (that was before Penny!); and they faced the

It's ironic that all I have heard from the media outlets all year is how Seattle would have lost if player x was healthy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
cymatica":38f48fb5 said:
Tamerlane":38f48fb5 said:
Seahwkgal":38f48fb5 said:

It's ironic that all I have heard from the media outlets all year is how Seattle would have lost if player x was healthy.
Didn't we hear the same from some of the 9er fans here as well?

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Losing itself isn't so bad, but the way they lost, when the playoffs were on the line, and just the missed opportunity to sweep the Rams for once, that's why it irritated me so much. The Rams are the team I hate the most in this division, and one of my most hated teams overall.

Condemn me if you want, but I'll root for the 9ers in their matchup with the Rams if it means they miss the playoffs. The announcers in Sundays game were acting like the Rams' D is so great, and pretending that this wasn't the same exact team that got raped by the Ravens. I'm ranting, but yeah, that's just how I felt in the moment.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
soxhawk":32ywby9y said:
Maybe everyone's secretly afraid that we'll waste these great years of opportunity? I know I am.

You don't get a GM/Coach/QB talent combo like this too often. It's paid off for the Patriots & Steelers with multiple championships.

We're hoping we get ours. Many of us put in many years of suffering and mediocrity, and feel like it's our time. It's nice to have winning seasons, but the championships are what really count.

Here's to hoping this team learns from Sunday and focuses on being the best. Need some players to emerge as leaders/voices on Defense aka Sherm, Bennett, Avril, and Earl. They had fire in their bellies and ice water in their veins. Still trying to figure out who has that on this year's squad.

But fans forget how difficult it is to actually WIN or even get to the SB. You can clearly have the best team in the NFL and the odds are still pretty long. All kinds of things can happen during a season and in the playoffs it only takes one bad day or bad injury and you're out. Just look back to 2013. If Sherman doesn't tip that ball, we don't even get to run Denver out of the stadium. What do you think the odds were of us coming back and beating GB the next year in the NFC championship game? Those are 2 years where we had extremely good football teams and we were still a razor's edge away from not even getting to the SB. All you can hope for as a fan is that your team plays well enough to get in the playoffs and has enough talent to make some noise if they play well. Venting after a loss is normal, but the constant whining about wins is tiresome and massive energy suck.

I also think the Patriots have skewed expectations for the entire NFL's fanbase. I'm still not convinced what they've done is on the up and up completely, but that's a whole other discussion.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3v0ldn3m said:
soxhawk":3v0ldn3m said:

But fans forget how difficult it is to actually WIN or even get to the SB. You can clearly have the best team in the NFL and the odds are still pretty long. All kinds of things can happen during a season and in the playoffs it only takes one bad day or bad injury and you're out. Just look back to 2013. If Sherman doesn't tip that ball, we don't even get to run Denver out of the stadium. What do you think the odds were of us coming back and beating GB the next year in the NFC championship game? Those are 2 years where we had extremely good football teams and we were still a razor's edge away from not even getting to the SB. All you can hope for as a fan is that your team plays well enough to get in the playoffs and has enough talent to make some noise if they play well. Venting after a loss is normal, but the constant whining about wins is tiresome and massive energy suck.

I also think the Patriots have skewed expectations for the entire NFL's fanbase. I'm still not convinced what they've done is on the up and up completely, but that's a whole other discussion.
Or one bad call like happened to the Saints last year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The negative nancies are composed of several groups...

1) The waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-droppers who don't trust wins in general
2) The analytics nerds who needed Seattle to lose so they could be proven right about Pete and Schotty's unworthiness
3) People who just don't know to vent healthily and do it by getting peevish on here
4) Older fans who saw our 2007 team collapse in the playoffs.

They've all got different reasons for screeching, but they all end up in the same place.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":h2du0e4u said:
The negative nancies are composed of several groups...

That is a perfect breakdown and gave me a good laugh, thanks. :2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Since my general stance for the past few years has been negative, in terms of leaving chips on the table, I have to ask:
How is losing to a team you typically struggle with, you already beat once, is in your division, and is good at all the things that leverage your weaknesses - a bad game?

We lost to the Rams. We do that. Often.

Few, if any, Seahawk fans picked us to sweep the Rams at the start of the year. Many would have been thrilled with a split.

That said, many delusions this was a dominant team seemed to permeate for a while. Which led to a willful disregard for some key issues (like LBs in coverage) that other teams are sure to exploit.

So maybe some of the sound is people venting as we come back to earth, but it would be stretching it mightily to call it a bad game. We were beaten by a team we should have expected to be beaten by.

Given the Rams were playing at home, and for their playoff lives, even more so. But beating the Rams is always a challenge, and losing to them is rarely a surprise.

Ultimately, this team has already beaten expectations. Few sane fans picked this team for the SB this year. We have 10 wins, which was the top end of expectations at the start of the year. This after losing some important pieces along the way. We likely put another 2 wins on the board before the playoffs.

I don't remember many 12 win predictions earlier for us so not sure why people would be complaining given we are on that pace.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well said. Had someone told me this team would be 10-3 before the season after 13 games? I would have told them to go ahead and put the pipe down. They left a few huge opportunities on the field that could have change that game drastically. Sure they got outplayed big time, but if they convert on that 3rd down to Hollister, that 4th down to Turner and Turner not turning his head around on an easy touchdown...…..that game is much much closer imo.
Both teams had plenty to play for, Rams imo had even more to play for. And I already got bashed for saying that, and that's fine. Rams are a good team, period. So are the Hawks. A split with the Rams is not even sort of a surprise.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Something to think about...

Patriots fans were actually booing their team during the game Sunday. Some booed as they left the field after the loss as well. They looked bad in that game but from the outside looking in, those fans are ungrateful.