Your all time favorite Seahawks "role players" and why?

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is not really a role player but when Patrick Kerney had 14.5 sacks in 2007 his last pro-bowl level in his career was really fun to see.

Also Jason Babin WTH man that guy could have been awesome for this team. That was a trade that both teams lost on. Babin never sees the field then goes on to have 12.5 and 18 sack seasons when he gets a chance to start. Then Boulware who had 9 picks and 3 sacks in two seasons goes off to Houston and is never heard from aign. Talk about a lose lose trade for both teams.

The Breh

Reaction score
Mack Strong off the top.
I like the Ricardo mention as well. Him as a gunner :shock:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Slick":3lpfpcwo said:
Joe Jurevicius or "Joe Vicious" as we liked to call him. Big target who caught everything. He played during our Super Bowl year then went to his hometown Browns and staph infections took away his career.
Money call right there Slick! :2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Love this thread....bringing some memories of awesome Seahawk players - current and former. Michael Robinson hasn't been mentioned (sorry if he has been and I didn't catch it). Then, Dave Wyman...Boz got all the press but Dave was a solid lunch pail type of LB for the Seahawks. Then going back to the early years Keith Butler, Jeff Bryant, and Sam McCullum.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seymour":1dua7xsx said:
Pappy367":1dua7xsx said:
Leonard Weaver and Steve Brousard

LOL....+1 for Thunderfoot!

You guys are thinking of Herman "Thunderfoot" Weaver.

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Efren Herrera. What happened to all the baby boomer 12's?

halps80

Reaction score
JL Williams (if he qualifies as a role player. Borderline)
Broussard!
MikeRob
Strong
Edmonds
Nate the Great

Maulbert

Reaction score
Big Play Babs, the Cowboy Killer. Everyone remembers the Romo tackle, but I remember when he intercepted Drew Bledsoe with 5 seconds left to set up the winning kick. We scored 10 points in the final 40 seconds to beat the Cowboys 13-10 that day. That was the game in 2005 when I knew we had something special.

two dog

Reaction score
From the early days:

1. Don dufek-special teams ace from U. of Michigan.

2. Paul Moyer-Safety who did everything on special teams and did it well.

I think both were members of coach Rusty Tillman's "Rat Patrol"

Seymour

Reaction score
RiverDog":35e6reh0 said:
Seymour":35e6reh0 said:
Pappy367":35e6reh0 said:
Leonard Weaver and Steve Brousard

LOL....+1 for Thunderfoot!

You guys are thinking of Herman "Thunderfoot" Weaver.

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Efren Herrera. What happened to all the baby boomer 12's?

[youtube]5LZb1p8JGsw[/youtube]

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
hawkfan68":dj027zys said:
Love this thread....bringing some memories of awesome Seahawk players - current and former. Michael Robinson hasn't been mentioned (sorry if he has been and I didn't catch it).
I feel a little guilty for not mentioning Mike Rob. Between lead blocking for beast and giving us the Real Rob Report in what were some seriously special times for this team and this franchise, dude will always be one of my favorites.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Paul Skansi.

Wide receiver during the mid 80s. Dude just caught everything thrown his way. To this day I have not seen a hawk receiver get absolutely flattened by a defender (which happened to him often) pop right up still holding onto the ball.

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":10vt2w4y said:
Love this thread....bringing some memories of awesome Seahawk players - current and former. Michael Robinson hasn't been mentioned (sorry if he has been and I didn't catch it). Then, Dave Wyman...Boz got all the press but Dave was a solid lunch pail type of LB for the Seahawks. Then going back to the early years Keith Butler, Jeff Bryant, and Sam McCullum.

Hate to be a nitpick but wasn't Jeff Bryant a key cog to those early 80's Hawk defenses? He was a top ten pick and not really a role player.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Having grown up in a non Seattle market prior to Sunday ticket, i have to go ultra modern age on this and say KJ. The guy just makes plays. He's probably unknown to any average non Seattle fan, but would be a HIGHLY coveted free agent if he were to hit the street tomorrow. Haters probably lose their mind when they contemplate we picked up KJ in the 2011 4th and Sherman 1 round later.

I guess he's border line in terms of ''role'' player, but when you consider all the talent around him, it is readily apparent that he assumes the title every work day.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sdog1981":1l2scu4v said:
hawkfan68":1l2scu4v said:

Hate to be a nitpick but wasn't Jeff Bryant a key cog to those early 80's Hawk defenses? He was a top ten pick and not really a role player.

You're right. Totally forgot he was a top ten pick. Thanks for the reminder :2thumbs:

sdog1981

Reaction score
chet380":1bs2lubh said:
Walter, Tez, Kenny -- self-evident.

Dude! Those guys were all-pros not role players. Role players do like one thing they are special teamers and lead blockers. Not the best LT or Safety of their decade.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
sdog1981":j1dofmsm said:
chet380":j1dofmsm said:

Dude! Those guys were all-pros not role players. Role players do like one thing they are special teamers and lead blockers. Not the best LT or Safety of their decade.
They played the roles of the GOATs in Seahawks history. :stirthepot:

sdog1981

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":73t8pd4t said:
sdog1981":73t8pd4t said:
chet380":73t8pd4t said:

They played the roles of the GOATs in Seahawks history. :stirthepot:

Can't argue that point. :ditto: