Your all time favorite Seahawks "role players" and why?

Omahawk

Reaction score
Jean-Philippe Darche because his name is cool and threads like this are the only time I get to use it. Also, I remember him sealing a win for us with a fumble recovery or forced fumble on special teams late in the 4th qtr. of a big game.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Heath Farwell; great special teams player and ST captain while here. Not sure I'd have liked to see him do much else... LBer? Not so much.

kev007

Reaction score
Omahawk":1lmdv8vn said:
Jean-Philippe Darche because his name is cool and threads like this are the only time I get to use it. Also, I remember him sealing a win for us with a fumble recovery or forced fumble on special teams late in the 4th qtr. of a big game.

Good call! Think that fumble recovery was against St Louis Cardinals, our first win there for eight years.

Kev

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
hawkpride":2rdx94y8 said:
Paul Skansi.

Wide receiver during the mid 80s. Dude just caught everything thrown his way. To this day I have not seen a hawk receiver get absolutely flattened by a defender (which happened to him often) pop right up still holding onto the ball.

Totally forgot about Paul. The guy always had to play next to #80 but was an absolute baller with heart. I bdon't I eve he had the big winning catch in that famous Chiefs Derick Thomas game.

kev007

Reaction score
Lots of candidates - Craig Terrill, Marquand Manuel, Rocky Bernard and Grant Wistrom - plenty more though!

Kev

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
I forgot about Rufus. I loved that dude, I'm adding him to my list.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":3d44vsl9 said:
Charlie Rogers and Joe Edmonds

I remember when Rogers returned a kickoff for a TD in the last playoff game/seahawks game in the kingdome. Good times.

Seymour

Reaction score
Kind of a role player. Mr feast and famine... Daryl Turner who holds 3 Seahawk catch records and still holds the NFL record of TD to catch ratio around 35%.
I call him a role player because it seemed the only time he came down with the ball was when he was near the endzone. Very strange player, with big time problems as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":ssg3026l said:
*Cough*Cough*Sputter*Sputter*

Damn, that was my morning coffee, all over the place.

We're talking about the guy who had 42 receptions over his first *5* injury-plagued, sitting-on-his-butt years, and then when he *finally* got healthy held out for more money instead of acknowledging the team carried his ass for 5 freaking years? And that his holdout contributed to Holmgren taking Jerramy Stevens instead of Ed Reed in the 2002 draft?

That Itula Mili?

I guess we see him differently. He's on my all-time-failures list for the Seahawks. Imagine if we went into Super Bowl XL with Ed Reed at safety instead of Etric Pruitt.

KiwiHawk is my spirit guide.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
10 yrs in Seattle and a big part of the running game.He had some clutch catches in those years..
Mike Tice/Tight End

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Chris Gray, Robbie Tobeck, Ray Donaldson, Norm Evans, Dave Brown, John Harris, Mike Tice, Ray Roberts, .....so many of them

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I enjoyed John Randle's short time here, we haven't had that kind of pass rush from the DT position since he retired. I enjoyed Levon Kirkland's 1 yr here, nothing like seeing a man 280-300lbs playing LB, I, also have fond memories of Willie "mighty mouse" Williams playing DB for us. Lastly, JP Darche reliable long snapper for many years, and he's from Montreal like me

Boiler

Reaction score
Two of my favorites were Fredd Young and Mack Strong. Both hard working, tough, underdog types who achieved excellence in their respective roles.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seymour":25mp23gz said:
Kind of a role player. Mr feast and famine... Daryl Turner who holds 3 Seahawk catch records and still holds the NFL record of TD to catch ratio around 35%.
I call him a role player because it seemed the only time he came down with the ball was when he was near the endzone. Very strange player, with big time problems as well.

Daryl Turner, a.k.a. DT Deep Threat, was a loafer. I got so tired of seeing him pull up on passes that were barely overthrown but perhaps still within his reach. But there were occasions where he could look like an All Pro.

Fredd Young was perhaps our best special teams cover player ever.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Bobby Engram guy just moved the chains ! He dropped that big one against the rams in04 didn't drop many after that!

two dog

Reaction score
A few more of my all time favorites:

1. John Harris-Seventh round draft pick from Arizona State came out of training
camp a starter. Noted for his intelligence, I still think they made a mistake trading
him to the Vikings years later.

2. Greg Gaines-A Safety from Tennessee, converted to Linebacker, became one
of the all time tough guys for the Seahawks.

3. Ricardo Lockett-Lock came the long way and the hard way around to become a Seahawk.
For awhile he was arguably the best gunner in the NFL. as well as a competent receiver.

I also agree with an earlier poster in that I love me some Rufus Porter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
David Hughes - he was the leading rusher for the Seahawks in 1984 when Curt Warner got hurt and was out for the season.