Your one bold prediction this season not involving Seattle

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Denver and Carolina both miss the playoffs, Elliott leads the league in rushing, and Andrew Luck is the MVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1ap7xb1a said:
Vikings miss the playoffs.

Seen way too many people having them winning the North...other than that, I can't stand Mike Zimmer and hope that the Vikings miss the playoffs. I think they are closer to the team that Seattle curb stomped last year than the one that played them tough (in -20 degrees) in the playoffs.

I wanted to comment on the Vikings and Packers

Why are so many people so amazingly high on the Packers and low on the Vikings. Vikings are one of the top defenses in the NFL now and the Oline should seemingly be better than it was last year. It was as bad if not worse than the Seahawks Oline. I just want to know what the Packers have done that vaults them to like top 5 in the nfl in a bunch of lists. Because they have Rodgers? Is that literally the only reason?

Honestly I think the 3 best teams in the NFC are Vikings, Seahawks and Panthers.

If I had to make ONE bold prediction involving everyone but the Seahawks it would be that the Vikings win the superbowl. They have almost the exact blueprint the Seahawks had going into 2013 coming off a heartbreaking playoff loss and a young QB. People might not know this but Teddy is the same age NOW with 2 years of experience that Wilson was as a rookie.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Colts hit the wall and miss the postseason in Pagano's last year at Indy. Jags takes the division.

It is known.

kearly

Reaction score
Normally I have a few bold predictions every year that I do pretty well with. This year I'm having a really tough time thinking of any.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":306vgvt9 said:
Romo gets yet again and the Cowboys sign Johnny Manziel. The Cowboys finish 2-14 for the season.
You stole my thunder, I was going to say Jerruh is going to sign Johhny 8-ball after Romo and Prescott get injured. Drat!!!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3peyzem2 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3peyzem2 said:
UK_Seahawk":3peyzem2 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3peyzem2 said:
Brock Osweiler will lead the league in passing yards, help the Texans make it to 11-5 record, and their offense will be Top 10... Now that's bold.
Nurse!! Dan has escaped and is off his meds again.

I'm okay, really. I don't hear the voices anymore.

Did the earplugs work?

No. But the axe did. O_O

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Drew Brees goes down with a major injury in week 3 and the Saints finish the season with the league-worst record of 2-14.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1asb0a60 said:
Ramfan128":1asb0a60 said:

Seen way too many people having them winning the North...other than that, I can't stand Mike Zimmer and hope that the Vikings miss the playoffs. I think they are closer to the team that Seattle curb stomped last year than the one that played them tough (in -20 degrees) in the playoffs.

Why are so many people so amazingly high on the Packers and low on the Vikings. Vikings are one of the top defenses in the NFL now and the Oline should seemingly be better than it was last year. It was as bad if not worse than the Seahawks Oline. I just want to know what the Packers have done that vaults them to like top 5 in the nfl in a bunch of lists. Because they have Rodgers? Is that literally the only reason?

Honestly I think the 3 best teams in the NFC are Vikings, Seahawks and Panthers.

If I had to make ONE bold prediction involving everyone but the Seahawks it would be that the Vikings win the superbowl. They have almost the exact blueprint the Seahawks had going into 2013 coming off a heartbreaking playoff loss and a young QB. People might not know this but Teddy is the same age NOW with 2 years of experience that Wilson was as a rookie.

I'm no huge Russell Wilson fan but to even put Bridgewater in the same sentence as him is an insult to Wilson.

The Vikings passing game is putrid. Their OL is average. Their best offensive player is only getting older. And I believe their defense overachieved last year.

They only played 6 games against playoff teams - including two in their division - and their record in those games was 2-4. Those two wins were against the Chiefs when they were struggling (before ripping off 10 in a row), and the Packers whom are a division rival.

By comparison, the Rams first 5 games last year - were all against playoff teams. We had 9 total games against playoff teams and our record was 3-6. The Vikings went 9-1 against non-playoff teams whereas we went 4-3. In our game against each other head to head, it was dead even, going into OT - at Minnesota - and ultimately the Vikings won the game.

My point is, I consider them to be on the same level (talent-wise) as the Rams - poor passing game, good run game, middling OL play, good defense - they just had an easier schedule last year and took advantage of their poor opponents, something we failed to do.

I see Minnesota as regressing because I think they are closer to an 8-8 team than they are a playoff team. When I say their defense overachieved, they don't really have elite talent on defense - they have a good front 7 and a decent secondary, but I don't think they are a top 5 unit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'll throw out a few off the top of my head. Not sure how bold they are, but here it goes:

Jags make playoffs

Raiders make playoffs

Lamar Miller leads the league in rushing and total yards from scrimmage

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh not concerning a team, Goodell make a bone headed decision during the season. It's not bold I know but it will piss off a major owner besides Kraft.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3bn4ihqz said:
5_Golden_Rings":3bn4ihqz said:
Here's one: Dak Prescott puts up the best season out of all the rookie qbs. There are just too many weapons on that Cowboy offense and Romo is made of glass.
I like your logic here (Tony getting hurt and all those weapons........plus an excellent o-line), just be careful of the first preseason game having too large an impact on your opinion.

What I noticed about Prescott in college is that he had a pretty quick release and he played with balls. He isn't particularly special at reading defenses or anything like that that would put him over the edge of the other QBs, but he seems less tentative. But really, it's much less about Prescott as it is the near Pro Bowl offense he'd be quarterbacking. He has top 10 players at almost every position on that offense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Rams hold second place in the NFCW and clinch a wildcard spot.

Texans win the AFCS but miss out on first round bye thanks to the Pats and the Chiefs.

ptisme

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":233xzwbx said:
Ramfan128":233xzwbx said:

Green Bay was a shell of itself due to injury last year and was still one play from the NFCCG. At one point they were down four of five offensive linemen and their top four wide receivers. Eddie Lacy was too fat to be effective and they were slow at TE.... All that has changed this year which makes GB on the short list of teams expect to play in the SB yet again....

RedAlice

Reaction score
A Donald surpasses J Watt on stats and play

Mariota surpasses Winston

Bills win their division

Weddle rocks it in Baltimore

Melvin Gordon arrives and finishes a top 8 RB

K Allen challenges ODB for top receiver and finishes top 5

Higbee plays better than Graham

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1z2jt0tv said:
A Donald surpasses J Watt on stats and play

Mariota surpasses Winston

Bills win their division

Weddle rocks it in Baltimore

Melvin Gordon arrives and finishes a top 8 RB

K Allen challenges ODB for top receiver and finishes top 5

Higbee plays better than Graham
I think you are just a few short of making a random prediction on every team in the league. ;) Talk about playing the odds, Alice! :lol: The topic is "Your one bold prediction", haha.