Your plan to replace sixteen touchdowns

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Steve2222":32hso8j2 said:
This is stupid. We replace those two with the next man up. Paul Richardson is like the 40th best WR in the NFL. And even that is probably being generous.

The next man up on our roster is something like the 185th best.

And we're not talking about jettisoning just him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think they will re-sign PRich and let Graham walk. I like Jimmy, but outside of the red zone he wasn't much help. The TDs are nice, but I'm sure we can make up some of them. The thing is, when the 11th player out there isn't contributing to getting down the field and in to the red zone, he loses value.

You have to take in to account all of his contributions. I'd prefer a player that contributes in all areas of the field. You can't score from the red zone if you rarely get there.

Rat

Reaction score
Lockett hasn't done squat in the receiving game for like two years. I'd hope he'd get at least a few of those TDs.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ivotuk":1j081w2j said:
I'd prefer a player that contributes in all areas of the field.

The point of this thread is to identify one.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1f9q1x5j said:
Sixteen touchdowns are about to walk off this offense if Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson sign elsewhere. Sixteen.

I'm kind of curious about what everyone's plan is to replace that. Seattle is going to need a plan to replace sixteen touchdowns. They're not just going to wave goodbye at them because they're pricey. Failing for cheaper is still failing.

Here are the constraints:

1) No free agents, because we dislike those. They're pricey, which is the Graham problem.

2) We're probably trading out of the first round, or close to it.

3) This is a blah draft for WR's and a worse draft for TE's.

The most obvious answer is, get a running game. That's fair. I agree with that. That'll bring us some touchdowns.

But it still means a receiving stable of Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Amara Darboh, C.J. Prosise, J.D. McKissic, Tanner McEvoy, David Moore, Luke Willson, and Nick Vannett. There's only one guy in that list who's really worthy of double coverage. That means boxes stacked against whatever RB we deploy and more pressure on the offensive line. The lack of a big, attention-demanding target downfield leaves the rest of the offense playing uphill. So I would not say the RB is the entire solution.

What are you guys' thoughts on how to replace the sixteen touchdowns of Graham and P-Rich? Because due to the nature of this draft combined with the effects of the Duane Brown trade, I'm thinking it's likely that a) one of the three above constraints has to go away or 2) Seattle is forced to keep one of them.

With regard to the context of Graham's TDs, I'm not sure if those TDs are missed with any sort of Red Zone aptitude. Simply having JFG take two steps into the EZ and box out the defender isn't some secret sauce - it's giving in to the path of least resistance while avoiding tackling the problems elsewhere.

Richardson - TDs be damned, having a depth chart consisting of ADB and 1st contract players and hoping for good things out of Vannett and taking Willson at his below average career...I think we are clearly thin both in terms of depth and WR #2 and WR #3. Maybe Richardson's contract comes up at the worst time for us and its better to cut bait but I am just reeling at how green everything outside of ADB and RW will be on offense - not even accounting for the OL.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Jack Doyle would have been a fantastic fit in Seattle. Too bad Indy re-signed him... and at a bargain price.

Not the sexiest pickup, but I'd honestly take a look at Austin Seferian-Jenkins. He's unhappy with the Jets, and has some nice upside and size to block.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":mbtrgpi9 said:
ivotuk":mbtrgpi9 said:
I'd prefer a player that contributes in all areas of the field.

The point of this thread is to identify one.

Myles Jack? Play him at LB and RB like UCLA did. Just have to get him away from Jax somehow.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":13n1ifga said:
Jack Doyle would have been a fantastic fit in Seattle. Too bad Indy re-signed him... and at a bargain price.

Not the sexiest pickup, but I'd honestly take a look at Austin Seferian-Jenkins. He's unhappy with the Jets, and has some nice upside and size to block.
I'd sign him and Josh Gordon.

massari

Reaction score
Anyone have the stats on what the red zone scoring percentage was in the games without Richardson and Graham in 2015? I found percentage by season but can't find game by game stats. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/r ... 2015-02-01 Let's get back to whatever it was they were doing then.

Martavis Bryant could be a cheap $700k replacement for Graham and getting a real TE that can actually block will help score TD's. Free agent TE Tyler Eifert can block and score. If he can pass a physical, they might be willing to take a chance on him staying healthy. And like someone said above, Austin Seferian-Jenkins could come cheap. One or two of those guys and a better run game please.

I'd think at this point the ballpark for Bryant is a 7th-round pick with maybe an increase of one round if he put up big numbers and kept his nose clean for the rest of the year. Given how the year has played out for him on the field and now asking publicly for a trade I think it would be pretty hard to get much more than that even with a cheap contract.--Jason Fitzgerald, Over The Cap

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":33yqqc63 said:
CodeWarrior":33yqqc63 said:

I'd sign him and Josh Gordon.

I believe Gordon is an ERFA, so no chance Cleveland lets him get away.

calinator

Reaction score
I like P-Rich and thought he made some good progression, I hope they re-sign him. Bye bye Graham sorry we couldn't utilize you well at WR.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
How much would Marqise Lee cost? How about Michael Floyd (after a down year)? There are a handful of free agent WRs with more upside than Paul Richardson.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1yrgfa8w said:
How much would Marqise Lee cost? How about Michael Floyd (after a down year)? There are a handful of free agent WRs with more upside than Paul Richardson.

This gives rise to a fundamental question though: Can the Seahawks integrate outside talent effectively? If it's in a 2/3 Mil APY it's not a big loss if the answer is no. If it's a redux of Graham stumbling to integrate for 3 years and finally finding his place as a goal line/box out TD machine at 8 Mil APY, it could be a crippiling no.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":26t39ysl said:
Anyone have the stats on what the red zone scoring percentage was in the games without Richardson and Graham in 2015? I found percentage by season but can't find game by game stats. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/r ... 2015-02-01 Let's get back to whatever it was they were doing then.

Martavis Bryant could be a cheap $700k replacement for Graham and getting a real TE that can actually block will help score TD's. Free agent TE Tyler Eifert can block and score. If he can pass a physical, they might be willing to take a chance on him staying healthy. And like someone said above, Austin Seferian-Jenkins could come cheap. One or two of those guys and a better run game please.

I'd think at this point the ballpark for Bryant is a 7th-round pick with maybe an increase of one round if he put up big numbers and kept his nose clean for the rest of the year. Given how the year has played out for him on the field and now asking publicly for a trade I think it would be pretty hard to get much more than that even with a cheap contract.--Jason Fitzgerald, Over The Cap

This is the direction I was hoping to take the thread.

Eifert I could see, especially given his blocking, but he's got an injury history worse than P-Rich. I'm not sure I see Bryant or ASJ getting away from their current teams. The Jets in particular would stand to benefit from ASJ's upside, and he doesn't seem to me to be as discontent as some have said. As far as Bryant, will Pete and John be willing to let go of even a late draft pick to get him, given that they have so few this year?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
original poster":3rb7hjez said:
Moving C.J. Prosise to WR makes sense.

Less damage to his body and it’s exactly where he excels.

FOSHO with this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have a plan.................find a bell cow RB and run the damn ball.

Stop thinking you're cute or more clever than every other team by bringing in 7th rounders or undrafted FA's. Go get a bad ass who can pound the rock and not break after five games.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":279hl0j6 said:
I have a plan.................find a bell cow RB and run the damn ball.

Stop thinking you're cute or more clever than every other team by bringing in 7th rounders or undrafted FA's. Go get a bad ass who can pound the rock and not break after five games.

I really wonder what FA or near FA bell cow RBs would want to ply their trade here though. This is probably just me being cynical but as a free agent, on offense, the last thing I'd want to do is walk into the quagmire of our offense that hasn't shown the ability to leverage pre existing talent from around the NFL that well. Especially if I'm not getting near top dollar in compensation. Is there a stink on our team yet or is that just fan perception?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a hilarious thread.

The answer is, they won't.

We will put more pressure on the defense to keep it close and when the defense gives up a few scores or even holds the whole game possession after possession until it gives up a score in the 4th...we will blame the defense.

Latest posts