You're favorite player in the draft?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If we're going totally homer picks for personal reasons I like ucla defensive end owamagbe Odighizuwa. He's a late 1st, early 2nd round type guy, a d I used to teach him when he was in elementary school.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Throwdown beat me to it. I love Devin Smith. I think he would fit perfectly in our offense. I also like Shaq Thompson, Gordon/Gurley and thats with me being possibly the biggest Michael believer on the board.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3v8bnmoj said:
Late round guy I really like, ifo ekpre olomu. He'll need a year to redshirt and heal, but prior to his injury was thought if as a to 20 pick type guy. Would be a nice addition to LOB.
This is a pick I would love. He's a gamer and I think would be a perfect fit in the LOB as a nickel CB. Could be a big time steal.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Two birds with one stone saves a draft pick!
WR/KR-Tyler Lockett, Kansas St., 5-95/181, 4.46/40. (Should show some very quick #'s in combine drills)
----Receiving:
2014: 106 receptions, 1515-yds, 14.29/avg, 11-TD's **** #5 in FBS. ****
2013: 81 receptions, 1262-yds, 15.58/avg, 11-TD's
2012: 44 receptions, 692-yds, 15.73/avg, 4-TD's
2011: 18 receptions, 246-yds, 13.67/avg, 3-TD's
----Punt Returns:
2014: 21/402, 19.14-avg., 2-TD;s, **** #1 in FBS. **** (This is a big need for the Seahawks)
2013: 2/4, 2.00-avg, 0-TD
2012: 3/44, 14.67-avg., 0-TD.
2011: 6/38, 6.33-avg, 0-TD.
----K. O. Returns:
2014: 18/362, 20.11-avg, 0-TD,
2013: 22/583, 26.50-avg, 0-TD.1
2012: 21-688, 32.76-avg, 2-TD's.
2011: 16/563, 35.19-avg., 2-TD's.
http://www.cfbstats.com/

randomation

Reaction score
Gordon because Wisc and he reminds of a bigger JC and DGB because he the potential to become the next megatron and might actually be available when the Hawks pick. If both were somehow available I have no idea which I would take.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1yr9k6oz said:
If we're going totally homer picks for personal reasons I like ucla defensive end owamagbe Odighizuwa. He's a late 1st, early 2nd round type guy, a d I used to teach him when he was in elementary school.

How does a guy who literally did nothing for 4 years become a 1-2 round pick? Sure he looks the part, but he reminds me more of guys that the Browns or Ruskell would pick, he's not a Pete type of guy imo.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":39dm1hgm said:
JSeahawks":39dm1hgm said:

How does a guy who literally did nothing for 4 years become a 1-2 round pick? Sure he looks the part, but he reminds me more of guys that the Browns or Ruskell would pick, he's not a Pete type of guy imo.

I'm just going off where I've seen him in mock drafts and prospect lists. Definitely didnt live up to his 5* athletic ability he had coming out of high school.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I just recently started watching in depth this year. Started a little late this year. I have only evaluated the receiver position so far. And only like 10 of them at that. With that said, of the players I have evaluated so far there are 2 that I am in love with on film (besides Kevin White who I will not even dream about because he is gone top 15).

1. DGB - Like I said, "on film" I am in love with his tape. I have read all about his off-field concerns, which are pretty intense and I am sure he is very risky. But doing this from the internet and not actually knowing the kid I can't put that stuff in my evaluation. He wins in every facet of the game. 6'6 with what looks like 4.4 speed on film. Tracks well, wins every contested ball I have seen. Great with ball in his hands. Talent wise, he is a once in a 10 year type of guy.

2. Devin Smith - I feel he was embarrassingly underused while at Ohio St. (which was fine for the team obviously, but he is way more talented than his stats would tell you). He is so quick in and out of his breaks. He makes db's look silly when they try and play press on him. He goes vertical when everyone on the field knows he is and still gets behind the defense. Looks like legit 4.3 speed on film. So natural tracking the ball, and wins contested catches nearly every time.

These are my two favorites right now that could be there for us and are not pipe dreams.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My total homer pick: Leonard Williams. He's still a bit raw, which should scare opposing offenses because he's already rather good.

kearly

Reaction score
I think this is a good year to pick in the 30s, because I honestly don't see very many 1st round talents in this group.

I think Gordon is clearly the best talent, but I don't know if he fits Cable's MO.

I kinda like Devin Smith, he seems like a guy who on the surface doesn't look like he would draw double teams but probably will regardless, similar to Odell Beckham. I think that like Beckham, Smith will be drafted about half a round sooner than people thought he would be in February.

I get WRs wrong a lot. That said, I think Kevin White may look like Larry Fitzgerald in pads, but I think his play is probably closer to someone like Kendall Wright. A WR you can trust, but not a WR who will blow anyone away.

I wish there was some magic draft store where the Seahawks could trade draft picks for cap space. The last two years Seattle drafted guys so they could replace higher paid players, but then those veterans almost all ended up getting paid anyway.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3i5qk3os said:
1. Gurley
1a. Gordon
2. DGB
3. Preston Smith
4. Phillip Dorsett
5. Jordan Phillips
6. Cameron Erving
7. Maxx Williams
8. Jake Fisher

Not that these are the guys I necessarily want at 31. These are guys who I'd be happy with seeing anywhere between rounds 1 through 3.

Probably means we aren't getting any of them though.

Never heard of him before your post but after reading it I've done some research and from what I've seen I really really like Maxx Williams for us.

Rat

Reaction score
Feels like every big time pass play I've watched the past few years has had Devin Smith on the receiving end of it, so I'm definitely on board with that. I said the same thing about Dane Sanzenbacher, but Smith is clearly more athletic.

I've been forced to watch a lot of U of Michigan football and I'm very intrigued by Devin Funchess. Lacks concentration at times, but that offense was such a disaster, I try not to read too much into his shortcomings. He was ridiculously good when he wasn't mentally checked out. Offers a fair amount of risk/reward.

penihawk

Reaction score
Michael Bennett- DT-Ohio St I kept saying during the Super Bowl that we need another Michael Bennett in our D-line. Would love to see him some how find his way on our roster. Like Malcom Brown even more but he will not make it to 31 unless he has a terrible next 2 months.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man if were talking homer picks, do what you gotta do and get Danny Shelton. Imagine him with Mebane and Avril / Bennet / Williams rotation. I would guess that trading up to get him / signing him would cost less than Sue annually?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2p4dxcq0 said:
Man if were talking homer picks, do what you gotta do and get Danny Shelton. Imagine him with Mebane and Avril / Bennet / Williams rotation. I would guess that trading up to get him / signing him would cost less than Sue annually?

I like Shelton as a Mebane or Williams successor. Now, if we're talking about taking Shelton to replace Mebane, and adding Suh with the cap savings -- that's a very nice transition.

If it took committing our 2nd and a 4th for Shelton and a Grady Jarrett/Xavier Williams or maybe a 6th for a Christian Covington type project for added depth in order to include Suh -- those would be draft picks well spent and a DL reloaded and upgraded very nicely.

Putting a base line of Avril, Shelton, Suh, Bennett with a pass rush line of Avril, Hill, Suh, Bennett is just plain sick. I'd put those DL options ahead of St. Louis' in a heartbeat.

Also, one guy that isn't flashy, but just is a stubborn nasty fighter who may be a UDFA to keep an eye on is James Castleman out of Oklahoma State. In terms of desire and toughness -- he's got that in spades. Not a threat to rush the passer, but definitely a guy who could provide useful depth at little draft cost if any.