You're favorite player in the draft?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3eofxv4u said:
irocdave":3eofxv4u said:
Man if were talking homer picks, do what you gotta do and get Danny Shelton. Imagine him with Mebane and Avril / Bennet / Williams rotation. I would guess that trading up to get him / signing him would cost less than Sue annually?

I like Shelton as a Mebane or Williams successor. Now, if we're talking about taking Shelton to replace Mebane, and adding Suh with the cap savings -- that's a very nice transition.

If it took committing our 2nd and a 4th for Shelton and a Grady Jarrett/Xavier Williams or maybe a 6th for a Christian Covington type project for added depth in order to include Suh -- those would be draft picks well spent and a DL reloaded and upgraded very nicely.

Putting a base line of Avril, Shelton, Suh, Bennett with a pass rush line of Avril, Hill, Suh, Bennett is just plain sick. I'd put those DL options ahead of St. Louis' in a heartbeat.

Also, one guy that isn't flashy, but just is a stubborn nasty fighter who may be a UDFA to keep an eye on is James Castleman out of Oklahoma State. In terms of desire and toughness -- he's got that in spades. Not a threat to rush the passer, but definitely a guy who could provide useful depth at little draft cost if any.

Grady Jarrett is a player. Son of former Falcons LB Jessie Tuggle. Also, has been mentored by Ray Lewis.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2ng75s6f said:
Grady Jarrett is a player. Son of former Falcons LB Jessie Tuggle. Also, has been mentored by Ray Lewis.

Totally agree. He looks like a better prospect than Jordan Hill was in 2013. I don't really see him dropping to the 4th. Although drafts are kind of funny. Depending on teams and need, I can see him somewhere between 50th and 110 overall. He's got very good penetration skills. So teams looking for 2 gap DTs aren't going to be on him. I personally like him every bit as much as Malcolm Brown out of Texas.

Plays with outstanding leverage. Some of the best/most consistent leverage wins I've seen of any DT prospect in this class. In fact, it's startlingly rare when he does lose leverage. Also incredibly quick. For a smaller DT, he is impressively strong and really delivers an impressive pop. It's clearly a result of his technique, strength and leverage. You see it repeatedly where he almost immediately drives OL straight erect and then works them backwards into ball carriers like in one continuous motion. Like they hit a brick wall that is walking them backwards. Even despite being under 300 pounds, he can stalemate a double team. Good hands, fights off cut blocks well and disengages well. Plays hard to the end of plays. You can see he doesn't quit on plays.

Not sure what his arm length will be -- appear to be kind of short. Has some issues with wrapping up and tackling. But time and again, you see a guy who wins at the LOS, providing great opportunity for team mates to make plays. Repeatedly borks up running plays despite a size disadvantage.

For Seattle, that would have a lot of value, as Wagner is just a Hoover at MLB who swallows up carriers in the middle.

If his name is called at 62, I'm a happy camper. If he lasts to the third round pick, I'm going to be bummed if we don't snag him then. Just a quality player who should continue to develop well at the next level.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Hehe. You said "erect." Nice evaluation though. One guy who can help on the inside is needed, unless we're lucky enough to get all the right answers on the questions there.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
A couple guys I've become fans of.

Duke Johnson, RB, Miami - He's not a true Seahawk fit as a power lead-back, because he's on the small side, but he'd would be a perfect 3rd down RB for us. They used him a lot in the passing game for Miami. He's got good hands and runs routes like a receiver. I think he'd be an awesome every down player for a team that throws the ball a lot to RBs, similar to the Chiefs' Jamall Charles. I like that he runs tough through the line and then becomes a quick slasher-type RB at the 2nd level, sort of reminds me of the running stye a friend of mine ran like in high school.

Clive Walford, TE, Miami - Another Miami guy. A 5th year senior with lot of starting experience. On a Miami team with some weapons on offense and a freshmen QB, you could argue Walford was underused. He's really athletic, an ex-basketball player who's hoops skills translates really well on the football field. He's got a huge wing span (something Seattle looks for) that he uses well to reaches out for a catch, almost like grabbing a rebound and for a big guy 6'4" 250 lbs, he has some good cuts in the open field and fast enough speed to get YAC. I really like Maxx Williams but Walford could be the better fit.

Rashad Green - I became a fan starting last year watching him and Benjamin at FSU. He's a scrawny guy but he makes big plays in big moments. A fun player to watch and seems like a great competitor. Probably not a target for the Seahawks early enough tho.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Jay Ajayi... watch his running style, and ask yourself who he reminds you of.

daveman918

Reaction score
Here's where I'm at right now as far as players I see fitting. Still doing more research:

RB: Todd Gurley
TE: Tyler Kroft
WR: DeVante Parker
Returner/WR: Ty Montgomery
OL: Brandon Scherff, Andrus Peat

Guys I'm curious about:

WR/CB: Tony Lippett

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Like Gurley and Green-Beckham. So many players similar to them as well and I am definitely on the Maxx Williams band wagon but he probably won't last past the 20th pick.

CANHawk

Reaction score
My favorite player in the draft; John Schneider. I never know what that crazy bastard is going to do and end up scratching my head a whole lot, but more often than not those picks turn out to be amongst the best in the draft. It's always fun to watch.

McGruff

Reaction score
Narrowed it down to one . . . WR Jaelen Strong. All the physical skills, productive on the field, played with a bad QB and still excelled, and works harder than just about anyone else.

Love this kid.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sammie Coates. I think he has the experience and skill to be successful early in the season. To me, he's the kind of guy who would welcome 50/50 balls and will be the receiver that Russell will throw to in dicey situations.

He seems like he's all about football, a football player with NFL skill level.

OutfieldGrass

Reaction score
Phillip Dorsett. I know he doesn't fit in with what they will likely look for at WR but he sure is fun to watch. Would be a great weapon for Wilson.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":1084b9lq said:
Narrowed it down to one . . . WR Jaelen Strong. All the physical skills, productive on the field, played with a bad QB and still excelled, and works harder than just about anyone else.

Love this kid.
We are agreed then.

He needs a lot of work, but he loves to block, and his touchdown celebrations are Lynchesque. No diva in that guy.

kearly

Reaction score
Strong is my favorite too (among realistic options). He plays much bigger than he should. Apologies in advance for siccing the hate brigade on him.

McGruff

Reaction score
OutfieldGrass":19zpo1kl said:
Phillip Dorsett. I know he doesn't fit in with what they will likely look for at WR but he sure is fun to watch. Would be a great weapon for Wilson.
I like him too he seems like the kind of guy who can take a little and make a lot

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Jay Ajayi - I love his feet. His glide step is so well balanced. His burst is explosive. Tough as hell. Nice workout at the combine. He does fumble too much for the Hawks... But man... I love him as a player. It will be fun to watch his career.

Ozzy

Reaction score
kearly":3dogwfpb said:
Strong is my favorite too (among realistic options). He plays much bigger than he should. Apologies in advance for siccing the hate brigade on him.

His 40 time was good and much better than expected but there were concerns about separation in college, do you guys see the same thing when watching the tape? Just hearing that scares me a little because its the proverbial weakness of our current cast. I could be getting him mixed up with another player too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":148g7slk said:

If Strong, Gurley and DGB are there at 31.. who do you take?

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1wq7ogl6 said:
kearly":1wq7ogl6 said:

If Strong, Gurley and DGB are there at 31.. who do you take?

Strong IMO and its not even close.

DGB is a franchise nightmare. I can see him falling to the 4-5th round or even undrafted.

Gurley has medical red flags, plays a devalued position, and frankly is vastly overrated IMO.