Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bama vs Georgia

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bama vs Georgia
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 pm
  • Who you got?
    Who you want?
    Why?

I got Bama
    I want Georgia
    I’m tired of Bama
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Bama vs Georgia
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:25 pm
  • I think Bama gets in win or lose as long as its a good game
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:58 pm
  • If Georgia wins tonight then you'll have 60% of the P5 conference champions excluded from the playoffs. That might finally get the P5 presidents to start seriously discussing expanding the playoffs.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 pm
  • If Georgia wins, I think the SEC gets two teams in, which would likely leave Oklahoma out. No way can you take Bama out after how they have dominated this season. Have to reward Georgia and put them in obviously. Either way it shouldn't alter the Rose Bowl and the Huskies much. Looks like the Big 10 won't be in the playoff. Bring on Ohio State!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:04 pm
  • A real struggle for Bama, but honestly, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better off losing at this point. If Georgia loses, I think they have a darn good shot at getting the 4th seed after their performance today. That would set up a rematch of this exact game in the semifinals. If Bama loses, I think they still get in but they'd be the 4 seed playing Clemson again.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:34 pm
  • Given how this game has gone, I think the committee will still keep Georgia at #4 despite the loss.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:42 pm
  • Empty backfield...should have gone with a bubble screen. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:59 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Given how this game has gone, I think the committee will still keep Georgia at #4 despite the loss.

Not sure if they will or not but I agree.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:04 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Given how this game has gone, I think the committee will still keep Georgia at #4 despite the loss.

I think they are worthy of the number 4 but I would hate to see a 2 loss team without a conference tite beat out an OSU with 1 loss and a title. If i was the SEC I wouldnt even have a conference title game. It doesnt help them at all.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:28 pm
  • I think the rematch angle should factor in too. UGA would be the 4 seed and Bama would be the 1 seed so they would end up playing again in the semifinals.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:24 am
  • Georgia choked and lost for the second time..
    No way they deserve the fourth spot..The SEC isn't all that despite what
    the media keeps wanting you to believe..Expand the playoff if you want
    your SEC teams all in there..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:11 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Georgia choked and lost for the second time..
    No way they deserve the fourth spot..The SEC isn't all that despite what
    the media keeps wanting you to believe..Expand the playoff if you want
    your SEC teams all in there..

I think they are the 2 best teams in the nation.They have proved it all year by their records against the toughest strength of schedule among those that are left. I think last nights game was the national championship game.

SOS
    Georgia #1
    Ala. # 2
    OSU#11
    Clem # 14
    OK # 16
    ND #26
    UCF #71

Michigan is the only non SEC team in the top 10 SOS.

Edt, SOS just updated
    Last edited by justafan on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:21 am
  • No conference should have two teams in the CFP. Period.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 am
  • If Georgia gets in and doesn't play Bama, we'll probably see Georgia versus Bama in the championship game. But if Georgia gets in and gets the 4 seed, we'd see Georgia-Bama in the next game. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. A seeding of:
    #1 Bamam
    #2 Clemson
    #3 UGA
    #4 Notre Dame

would probably make for the best playoff. But I doubt that will happen. I think Oklahoma should get the #4 spot.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 am
  • HawkGA wrote:If Georgia gets in and doesn't play Bama, we'll probably see Georgia versus Bama in the championship game. But if Georgia gets in and gets the 4 seed, we'd see Georgia-Bama in the next game. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. A seeding of:
    #1 Bamam
    #2 Clemson
    #3 UGA
    #4 Notre Dame

would probably make for the best playoff. But I doubt that will happen. I think Oklahoma should get the #4 spot.

I agree. Who do you think gets in if UGA doesnt? I think OSU has the better D,QB is equal and runs the ball better than Sooners I believe.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 am
  • Georgia has two losses. Oklahoma and OSU do not. Would suck if georgia got in.

SOS shouldn't overcome that extra loss. Sometimes teams play tougher opponents earlier in tournaments. Georgia had their chance.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:16 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Georgia has two losses. Oklahoma and OSU do not. Would suck if georgia got in.

SOS shouldn't overcome that extra loss. Sometimes teams play tougher opponents earlier in tournaments. Georgia had their chance.

If UGA gets in it wouldnt be fair to Alabama. They already beat them. I would love to see them play again tho.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:37 am
  • justafan wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:If Georgia gets in and doesn't play Bama, we'll probably see Georgia versus Bama in the championship game. But if Georgia gets in and gets the 4 seed, we'd see Georgia-Bama in the next game. I don't think that makes a lot of sense. A seeding of:
    #1 Bamam
    #2 Clemson
    #3 UGA
    #4 Notre Dame

I agree. Who do you think gets in if UGA doesnt? I think OSU has the better D,QB is equal and runs the ball better than Sooners I believe.

I think Oklahoma. I think Ohio State has just looked bad too much of the season. I think their win yesterday is a bit misleading too. They did a little score padding at the end.

I'm guessing they end up #6 with Georgia #5.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information