Carroll's draft clue

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Carroll posted the 1st of his draft clues on Twitter. King5 is giving out a free autographed ball and visit to VMAC to the first to guess who the clue means. I guessed Morgan Moses.

[youtube]vuAUI_0knfk[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Has Carroll ever explained what these clues meant in the past? I'd be curious to know the meaning behind them. Even if the real answer is that they are meaningless, meant as inkblots for the fans.

I'll go way off the reservation here. Will Ferrell is a famous USC alum, so maybe he's hinting at drafting a USC player early? Marqise Lee and Marcus Martin could be options at #32.

Another theory, the scene in question obsesses over the word "baby." Ju'Wuan James, a guy who's been linked to Seattle a lot over the past couple months, looks like a giant baby.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Lol Kip, I'd never seen a pic of JuWuan James before. That would be really funny.

I don't know if any of his draft clues have ever had a thing to do with who he actually drafted. One would have to go back and check them all out. They're a lot of fun, though and if someone's going to give out autographed footballs for a lucky guess, I'll take my best shot.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lee-Combine.jpg

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm thinking Ja'Wuan James with that . . . Tennessee, nascar country . . . that's my guess.

SDHawk

Reaction score
UDFA: Derel Walker, Texas A&M (Walker and Texas Ranger). Poor man's Allen Robinson?

[youtube]By1s62mqDZE[/youtube]

[youtube]s44Wc4fXY1I[/youtube]

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Antonio Richardson because at 0:54 he says "Tiny"

OR

Easley because Ricky Bobby is praying for the Dad's leg to be healed

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I kind of think Carroll does these things for a laugh -- with no player in mind.

Healed leg? Easley? Kouandjio? Kouandjio played with his brother -- he mentions brothers. I'm not sure either has a smoking hot wife. Easley has a baby.

Tiny could be Antonio Richardson.

Giant wings -- long arms? Could be a few of the tackles.

Winners -- Alabama won a ton of games.

Has Cody Latimer ever shagged a blonde lass on the dining table?

hidn

Reaction score
It would be foolish to think these have anything to do with a first round pick IMO. I HIGHLY doubt even they have one single guy that they're like "Were going to get this guy and there's no way anybody else takes him!" ...

I think it's a little parody about the media always riding them about their picks and them saying they don't care because they got winners. I got a good laugh at the thought of the grampa as the media and the little fiesty kid as sherman.

"I'ma scissor kick you in the back of the head!"

Yxes1122

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1d0euxmm said:
I kind of think Carroll does these things for a laugh -- with no player in mind.

Pretty sure he and John sit back and laugh at the Da Vinci Code connections we all try to draw

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Did Carroll delete this? I'm not seeing it on his twitter.

Maybe the Marqise Lee/Will Farrell reference was too obvious. :sarcasm_off:

TheWebHead

Reaction score
it's hard to provide draft clues at #32, you're kind of at the mercy of the preference of 31 other teams.