"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
classicaaron":9v3oprh2 said:
this article is obviously just pure spin and doesn't provide anything new and is pretty much speculation and just the opinion of the writer. its like doing a college research paper, you can find supporting documents to support whichever stance the writer wants. and you could make just as much if not more of a case on how petes attitude helped the team move on and allowed them to be a playoff team, you just have to pick the right circumstances. afterall look how many teams who lose the superbowl never make the playoffs.

I believe everything said in the article was said at some point, but when you spin the context of it to fit your story or agenda it can easily be misleading.

so Sherman called Russ out in practice, big deal we know this is how seattle practices. Heck I say the nastiest thing ever to my closest friends. things that if I said to a complete stranger would get me in serious harm. if anything it just shows that they do have a relationship.

to me its all just off season flub. at least the article ends on an up note of Sherman resuming practice as if its all behind him. because honestly I don't know how much of it was actually in front of him anymore.
Excellent post. :2thumbs:

sdog1981

Reaction score
erik2690":2mez73yl said:
Aussie Seahawk":2mez73yl said:
While of course the SB49 loss burns in me forever, if it wasn't for Jermaine Kearse's incredible reception, to keep the drive alive, lying flat on his back (I thought it was incomplete, initially), we would not have made it remotely near the 1YL.

There's another Kearse moment that gets lost in the shuffle. Up 10 at the end of 3rd on 3rd down at about the 50 Wilson throws an absolute beauty that drops right into Kearse's hands around the 20 yard line. He drops it. That moment has a lot of 'what ifs' to me as well.

Yeah, this is the moment for me when the team really kind of lost the game. They would have gone up 13 and burned about 2 and half minutes off the clock. Then they would have the ball one last time down 1 not 4.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Obviously there is some truth to this, but lets not make a mountain out of an mole hill. I don't know if any of you have been in an environment with lots of alpha male personalities, but I can tell you from my personal experience that this type of behavior is not uncommon. Most people will considered this a big deal and or are uncap-able of accepting this as reality. No way our precious seahawks can be anything but the best of friends! right? Everything is always good in seahawk land right?
Well I got news for you, that's not how the real world works ladies. The media will run with it because its drama and drama always sells. For someone like me, its laughable.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
erik2690":2zeaq78g said:
Aussie Seahawk":2zeaq78g said:
While of course the SB49 loss burns in me forever, if it wasn't for Jermaine Kearse's incredible reception, to keep the drive alive, lying flat on his back (I thought it was incomplete, initially), we would not have made it remotely near the 1YL.

There's another Kearse moment that gets lost in the shuffle. Up 10 at the end of 3rd on 3rd down at about the 50 Wilson throws an absolute beauty that drops right into Kearse's hands around the 20 yard line. He drops it. That moment has a lot of 'what ifs' to me as well.

100% agreed. This play you described and the 3rd and 14 Brady converted by stepping away from pressure. If either or both those plays are made, that game is over before any last minute drama imo.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Had to re-read the article before I made this post about how people misrepsent things. The line in the article said some don't like Russ getting guests to sign a non-disclosure agreement before sitting his private box at Mariner games. As an aside, I don't see this as any different than Derek Jeter making guests leave their cell phones at the door when coming to his house.

The article specifically said "guests" referring to anyone, but on the latest Around the NFL podcast (I actually love that pod) they acted shocked that he was doing that to "teammates". Now maybe he does get teammates to do it, which would be odd, but can you 100% infer that from the article and run with it?

Same with the "receiver fight" before the Super Bowl. I think the story has gotten out it was Harvin punching Tate. But was there a full scale fight like the article suggests?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1z56bs2h said:
People are losing their minds over something very, very simple in my mind. Players are still resentful of the play from going on 3 years ago. If that is true, then that is a reflection of weak mindedness.

The team had lost in tragic fashion the year before. No one turned on the D afterwards.

If (and I think alot of this story is hyperbole and out dated) Sherman still has an issue with all of this (and again, I'm not sure that he really does anymore) he should just be moved on. No animosity (sorry Seymour). Just... thanks.

This whole thing is nonsense.

Could not agree more!

The negative folks so want to find divisive issues to debate. I guess it's a free country. Russell is too white, too favoured, the team harbours jealousy of him, Sherman is creating division on the team, Pete's run out of motivational tool and is washed up, as old Pete.

Sherman says this rubbish is nonsense, 'nuff said. Bennett says the same thing, I'm sure the team agrees.

I hate the f'n off-season and this repeatitive codswallop I want to see football and hear real news rather than the creative crapola of some self aggrandizing lame ass scribe trying to sell clicks.

I read that nonsense article and would appreciate getting the time I wasted back. Rubbish is rubbish and this was old news rewarded with added BS. We here need to move on from this.

The team is still strong and the roster is very deep, be glad we have a great team b/c there are many other fanbases around the league that aren't as lucky as we all are.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
brimsalabim":ztn6jsu1 said:
If there is any truth to this article then Pete needs to be retired. This would have been dealt with immediately in New England instead of being allowed to fester and ruin subsequent seasons.

Belichick would have let Sherman go. I'm not saying that the Seahawks should do, or should have done, that. I'm just stating a fact. There's no way Belichick pays Sherman.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1grbm1tb said:
I would love to see Russell have a career year and Sherman get scorched, and it's entirely possible if the oline pans out. The only mistake Pete made this season by shopping Sherman was not accepting the highest offer and moving on. Sherman should get what he deserves, the Browns. And he can kiss my butt as far as I'm concerned. What a freakin whinny loser.

I really like where you are going with this, root for players on your favorite team to play poorly, this is next level stuff.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Wilson love is like a cute little cult.

Nevermind that when this team belonged to Lynch and the Defense we went to 2 Super Bowls.

As soon as they rushed Lynch out the door we barely got past the wildcard the next year and never sniffed a SB since.

But hey, we have lots of excuses

Sherman should recognize the Savior that eats that much of the cap, and just realize that he should be quiet because the QB is the star....even though we barely can score TDs nowadays.

Seymour

Reaction score
907Hawk":mbl8ppn1 said:
Seymour":mbl8ppn1 said:
I would love to see Russell have a career year and Sherman get scorched, and it's entirely possible if the oline pans out. The only mistake Pete made this season by shopping Sherman was not accepting the highest offer and moving on. Sherman should get what he deserves, the Browns. And he can kiss my butt as far as I'm concerned. What a freakin whinny loser.

I really like where you are going with this, root for players on your favorite team to play poorly, this is next level stuff.

I obviously don't want the team to lose. Just tired of Sherman and his baggage and mouth that does more damage than good. Live in the problem, the problem increases, live in the solution the solution increases. Keeping Sherman is living in the problem until he shuts it and proves otherwise IMO. Maybe a force feeding of humble pie would put him back on earth. Doubtful though, he'll make it someone elses fault.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2kmnywq8 said:

Nevermind that when this team belonged to Lynch and the Defense we went to 2 Super Bowls.

As soon as they rushed Lynch out the door we barely got past the wildcard the next year and never sniffed a SB since.

Sherman should recognize the Savior that eats that much of the cap, and just realize that he should be quiet because the QB is the star....even though we barely can score TDs nowadays.
I never thought the team belonged to Lynch. Lynch came to the Seahawks in 2010, he didn't smell the playoffs until 2012, the year Russell became a starter.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team took its attitude and energy from Lynch.

BeastQuake started the Seahawk SB team emergence process and likely saved Pete's job.

Then one of greatest defenses ever shut teams down while Lynch beat the opposing teams' defenses down methodically like a siege knocking down castle walls.

That isn't to say Wilson wasn't a key missing piece that vaulted us over, but that team mirrored took after Lynch.

There was a rush to give the keys to Wilson and annoint him as the next Steve Young (not literally) and it clearly pissed off several defensive players. It also likely kept us from making 1-2 SB we could have had.

907Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1yk4mab8 said:

It should not have to be pointed out that football is a team sport.

There is no excuses to make, these guys lace em up and play the game.

All NFL teams are fielding professional football players, only 2 are good and lucky enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

The Hawks do not go to those 2 Super Bowls without Russell Wilson, team sport.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson is paid like an all everything QB.

Considering that, he should be accountable like an all everything QB.

It is a team sport but players make plays. An individuals can hurt or help a team.

It is lazy to just call it a team thing when the QB is the one that screwed up and should have taken the blame (though it was a stupid play call)

But the day after the SB I called it what it was, an attempt to make Wilson the MVP. If Lynch gets that TD you know damn well he might not have gotten but fans would have recognized him as the MVP.

And here is an article saying exactly that. And that it pissed off some key defensive players and caused a schism on the team.

What I'm shocked is that people are even surprised by this.

Worse, Wilson hasn't delivered since. Sure, we have good excuses. But little in the results in the playoffs column.

Seymour

Reaction score
LMAO. Now the beastquake saved Pete's job? First time I heard that one. That is a huge reach. He had his job just into 2nd year at the time, and Allen was not going to axe him that early on. Ridiculous.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Are we forgetting that 10 points lead Russ gave the defense at the SB in the 4th QT?

Sherman, Earl, Wagner are all paid like an all everything defense. They get paid more than the Offense, but you put all the blame on Russell?

When you look at the games that cost us going further to the playoffs most of the blame goes to the defense.

The defense cost us Cardinals game a 2nd seed this year.
The defense cost us the Panthers game year before.
They defense cost us 2 Falcons games in the playoffs.

Why is Russ to blame?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":1kgjc8bt said:
907Hawk":1kgjc8bt said:
Seymour":1kgjc8bt said:

I obviously don't want the team to lose. Just tired of Sherman and his baggage and mouth that does more damage than good. Live in the problem, the problem increases, live in the solution the solution increases. Keeping Sherman is living in the problem until he shuts it and proves otherwise IMO. Maybe a force feeding of humble pie would put him back on earth. Doubtful though, he'll make it someone elses fault.
I hope Sherm has 15 pics and is an integral part of the Hawks winning their 2nd Lombardi.

The back peddling, spin, stomping of feet, and red faced gnashing of teeth from the Sherm hater's will be entertaining as hell to watch. 8) :2thumbs:

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1kgj5q68 said:

You are speaking about a 2 season stretch like it's some era of despair? Did you think we were going to make the SB every year?

907Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1qtkewjt said:
Wilson is paid like an all everything QB.

Considering that, he should be accountable like an all everything QB.

It is a team sport but players make plays. An individuals can hurt or help a team.

It is lazy to just call it a team thing when the QB is the one that screwed up and should have taken the blame (though it was a stupid play call)

But the day after the SB I called it what it was, an attempt to make Wilson the MVP. If Lynch gets that TD you know damn well he might not have gotten but fans would have recognized him as the MVP.

And here is an article saying exactly that. And that it pissed off some key defensive players and caused a schism on the team.

What I'm shocked is that people are even surprised by this.

Worse, Wilson hasn't delivered since. Sure, we have good excuses. But little in the results in the playoffs column.

Wilson is paid quarterback money, news flash they make more money, I heard no complaints when he was on his Rookie deal saving millions for the team.

I have no idea about his level of accountability to his teammates, would you like a personal apology for his interception three seasons ago.

Maybe Bevell called the pass play because he thought it would end in a touchdown and win their second Super Bowl and had nothing to do with who gets a free car and a trip to Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.