It All Comes Down To Next Week Against The Rams

ludakrishna

Reaction score
If we win next week, will we be able to stop Dallas and their running game with Zeke returning? Going to be a tough 3 games. I've buckled in for the ride.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I said last week that the Eagles need to take their frustrations out on the RAMS. They Did. Seahawks need to do the same. They beat the RAMS next Sunday, the division is theirs for the taking.

RCATES

Reaction score
Props to those who still have hope in this season. I lost mine yesterday. The inconsistency's this team has from coaching on down is just hard to watch. PC taking his foot off the gas before halftime running out the clock to bring in "mr. automatic" for a field goal is a prime example. Zero discipline on both sides of the ball spell one thing. Carroll has completely lost this team. The meltdown at the end of the game is what we usually see every year at the end of a playoff loss. This year our season ended at week 13. We will be facing the Rams without Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and now you can add Wagner and Wright to that list. There's also a very good chance Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson will all be suspended for this weeks desperation game. That's seven starters out against a very potent Rams Offense. Its over fella's

original poster

Reaction score
RCATES":37rdhyl5 said:
Props to those who still have hope in this season. I lost mine yesterday. The inconsistency's this team has from coaching on down is just hard to watch. PC taking his foot off the gas before halftime running out the clock to bring in "mr. automatic" for a field goal is a prime example. Zero discipline on both sides of the ball spell one thing. Carroll has completely lost this team. The meltdown at the end of the game is what we usually see every year at the end of a playoff loss. This year our season ended at week 13. We will be facing the Rams without Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and now you can add Wagner and Wright to that list. There's also a very good chance Bennett, Richardson and Jefferson will all be suspended for this weeks desperation game. That's seven starters out against a very potent Rams Offense. Its over fella's

Thank god for that, I'll avoid the game Sunday at all costs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Most players aren't out multiple weeks when put in the concussion protocol. If forced to assume I'd assume Wright plays next week.

As for Wagner, it was a hamstring, right? That could be a tweak and no time missed, or multiple weeks out. Really no tea leaves to read on that one.

James in PA

Reaction score
I could see us beating the Rams next week but losing at Dallas and ultimately losing the division despite sweeping the Rams. That’s just the kind of infuriating, inconsistent crap this team had been doing all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramfan128

Reaction score
This game is huge. Obviously we've struggled in Seattle, and the only environment we've played in this year that comes close to that is the Vikings, which we lost.

But then the Rams haven't lost two in a row this year, and have played well on the road overall at 5-1.

If the Rams win, Seattle's chances of making the playoffs come way, way down. If the Seahawks win (and the Panthers and Falcons), then the Rams would be out of the playoffs, which is crazy to think.

I have a hard time seeing either of these teams missing the playoffs, but the reality is, the loser very well might.

I too see the Seahawks struggling with the resurgent Cowboys, but then it's obviously no lock that the Rams beat the Titans either.

It really sucks for the Rams that the first time we're this good in 13 years, the NFC is fielding a ridiculous amount of playoff contending teams.

This is the biggest game for the Rams in a long time.

sutz

Reaction score
RedAlice":1900irld said:
Hawk-Lock":1900irld said:
It's like this week never happened with both us and the Rams losing. It all comes down to next week. Win next week and we likely take the division.

We lost to a really great team on the road, it happens.

Hey so.

Rams beat Jags on the road.

You all acted like that was meaningless.
Rams are a grass team. Seahawks always struggle on grass fields. Cue the first Rams game in LA. We barely won.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ramfan128":24e0n1ff said:
This game is huge. Obviously we've struggled in Seattle, and the only environment we've played in this year that comes close to that is the Vikings, which we lost.

But then the Rams haven't lost two in a row this year, and have played well on the road overall at 5-1.

If the Rams win, Seattle's chances of making the playoffs come way, way down. If the Seahawks win (and the Panthers and Falcons), then the Rams would be out of the playoffs, which is crazy to think.

I have a hard time seeing either of these teams missing the playoffs, but the reality is, the loser very well might.

I too see the Seahawks struggling with the resurgent Cowboys, but then it's obviously no lock that the Rams beat the Titans either.

It really sucks for the Rams that the first time we're this good in 13 years, the NFC is fielding a ridiculous amount of playoff contending teams.

This is the biggest game for the Rams in a long time.

I'm a 9ers fans so of course I have a ton of trouble rooting for the Rams (much more so than the Seahawks TBH -- for 9ers rivalries I'd say 1. Rams and 2. Cowboys), but I'm rooting for them to win the division this year. Once my team is out of it I just always prefer the up and comers to the stalwarts.

12thbrah

Reaction score
this will not be your typical rams seahawks low score slugfest. With these offenses and pedestrian defenses there will be fireworks.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Joyodongo":1r1666ja said:
Shanegotyou11":1r1666ja said:
We win and I'll say we are in. Lose? Done.
Even if we win I think we loose to the Cowboys and the Rams win the last 2 -> out of playoffs

And the Rams could lose at Tennessee. That's a 10 a.m. game, and the Titans have played well at home.

Ain't over till it's over. Go Hawks!

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I still think the Rams lose to the Titans. Which is why I think this game next week is huge. Rams aren't an unstoppable force, like us, they can lose to any decent opponent.

Keep an eye on the injury reports, Rams could be without both their starting corners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hzg3bwsa said:
Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.

Wow this post is way off the mark.

For one thing, Seattle's offense put up 16 on the Rams earlier this year - off of 5 turnovers. So we have that to go off of for reference.

Philly, SF and Dallas are the only teams to throw up 30 points on the Rams this year - and even after the Eagles game we're averaging giving up 20 PPG, and for a while now the Rams were top 10 (now we're 12th I believe) in scoring defense.

You can't be serious with the cheap shots quote? Wentz dove head first to get into the end zone and two guys were trying to stop him - going low is what the NFL is getting players to do to avoid head injuries. They were just trying to stop him from scoring and it's not even close to a dirty play.

The Rams pass defense is very good. One CB is out, but it looks like our top CB will be playing. The Rams have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL, and the secondary is very good.

Mojambo

Reaction score
If Wagner plays at 75% or better we win. If not, we lose.

Pretty simple, IMHO.

If Wagner is out, Gurley will DESTROY.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion Ram and that's fine. Your team has been getting shredded in the air. Why is the guy throwing his shoulder directly in to his knee? Why not go for the ball?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31q1qvpx said:
That's your opinion Ram and that's fine. Your team has been getting shredded in the air. Why is the guy throwing his shoulder directly in to his knee? Why not go for the ball?

He's just trying to tackle him and prevent him from scoring - Wentz was moving, not the easiest play to think about where you're hitting a guy.

Rams pass defense:

Yards - 11th

Yards/attempt - 9th

TD allowed - 11th

Interceptions - 5th

Passer rating against - 5th

Sacks - 3rd

All of these rankings were obviously MUCH better before playing Carson Wentz, who has been the best QB in the NFL this year. But still - top 11 in every category and top 5 in a few...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, they still give up a lot of points in games. And they're gonna' on Sunday. Should be a hell of a game, by far the best 2 teams in the division.

They gave up:
27 to Washington
39 to the Niners, yes the Niners
30 to the Cowboys
43 to the Eagles (well, minus the Defensive TD for Philly)