For the first time in a while...

massari

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1igvs914 said:
GeekHawk":1igvs914 said:
iigakusei":1igvs914 said:
I have never been more convinced that OC is not the problem. It is bigger than that.

It's not bigger than that. It's exactly that.

No, it is bigger than that. The defense was getting manhandled right from the start. Nothing to do with Bevell. The special teams coverage was awful. Nothing to do with Bevell.
Usually what happens when a top offense plays a beaten up defense....

ducks41468

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter where we pick if we continue to draft as poorly as we have the last 5 years.

pugs1

Reaction score
Fade":3aysli27 said:
The Seahawks generally trade out of the bottom of the 1st round because there aren't any 1st rd players left.

In any given draft there are only about 15-20 1st rd graded players. So value wise it makes sense to trade down, and pick up an extra 4th. To still get a player of the same value, and get an extra pick out of it. It is a good strategy.

The Seahawks drafted Thomas & Okung without trading down in the 1st, if the talent is there they will pick. If it isn't they will trade down.

Its not about players at this point though. It is all about the coaching staff. Until that is fixed talking player acquisition is moot.

I agree but the fact that they’ve traded away their 2nd & 3rd round picks might make it more likely they trade back. That’s a long time to sit there and not pick.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JimmyG":uvx530ge said:
Amazing, the OC is "exactly the problem" with every team in football. What a coincidence.
Ok, defend the fact that our OC was calling long-developing routes all damn day against a D-line that smokes our O-line every time they meet.

Use your words. We're waiting.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I've always hated the quantity over quality the Hawks so seem to covet. All this trading down spots for players like Ifedi, McDowell just doesn't seem to work. Give me a stud over a dozen turds anyday.

Exittium

Reaction score
This team is EASILY the same record as for example the Broncos, only we have a real QB who can carry us a few games. Meanwhile our coaching staff has more or less cemented the inability to adjust or advance. They’re done, and we need to rebuild the team AROUND WILSON

mikeak

Reaction score
Yes awesome to have a good draft position when we depleted the draft picks by trades.

Only upside will be all the compensatory picks coming

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Let's wait and see who we don't keep. Hopefully there will be some who most people thought we'd keep. I think there will be a few surprise cuts.

Fade

Reaction score
pugs1":27k9iorm said:
Fade":27k9iorm said:
The Seahawks generally trade out of the bottom of the 1st round because there aren't any 1st rd players left.

In any given draft there are only about 15-20 1st rd graded players. So value wise it makes sense to trade down, and pick up an extra 4th. To still get a player of the same value, and get an extra pick out of it. It is a good strategy.

The Seahawks drafted Thomas & Okung without trading down in the 1st, if the talent is there they will pick. If it isn't they will trade down.

Its not about players at this point though. It is all about the coaching staff. Until that is fixed talking player acquisition is moot.

I agree but the fact that they’ve traded away their 2nd & 3rd round picks might make it more likely they trade back. That’s a long time to sit there and not pick.

You're right. This special circumstance will make them more likely to trade back. They still won't commit to trading back fully until they know what is on the board first though.

naholmes

Reaction score
Draft a tackle to play on the right side and / or take over for Duane Brown in a couple years. No comp picks so they will need to hit on all the picks they have left and UDFA.

original poster

Reaction score
I don't think the glaring hole position this team needs to address with the 1st pick is visible yet.

It'll come from someone who is cut or not resigned.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":tfcjfduh said:
iigakusei":tfcjfduh said:
I have never been more convinced that OC is not the problem. It is bigger than that.

It's not bigger than that. It's exactly that.
Or it's not, but it gives you a neat and tidy scapegoat.

massari

Reaction score
naholmes":2flhnpoz said:
Draft a tackle to play on the right side and / or take over for Duane Brown in a couple years. No comp picks so they will need to hit on all the picks they have left and UDFA.
Hopefully Fant can be that. :pray:

So much potential with Fant/Justin Senior competing at RT and Ifedi, Pocic, Roos, Odhiambo for LG/RG, but very uncertain.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We are trading down like we do every year. The 1st will be traded a for 2 lower round picks. Those 2 lower round picks will be traded for 3 even lower round picks.

getnasty

Reaction score
I hope we do trade down we need to get some pics back from fro Brown and Richardson trades.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Give Wilson a big, fast #1 WR to throw it up to.

Don't know who is like this in this year's draft, but we need that (not Mcevoy.)

Latest posts