Still a problem for players

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawknation2018":lrqngtdv said:
He is right.

And now Bevell is finally gone. It's a fresh start.

And with any luck hopefully Bennett will be gone too. :)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10flqpgb said:
Good stuff Hawkscanner. Still being scarred by that play is a lack of championship mentality.

Yes it is Montana ... because in continually FOCUSING on that 1 play ... and not being able to move on ... Bennett and other players remain stuck in the past. They are focusing on a moment of failure ... rather than on success.

Our failures in life are often times the greatest opportunities for learning that we have. What did we learn from it? And most importantly, what will we do differently in the future?

If you cannot move past that point though ... if you cannot turn the page and start a NEW chapter in the book of your life and career ... then that's where problems ensue. It would appear that their bitterness is not only dragging themselves down ... but young guys (who weren't even on the roster in 2014) down right along with them.

I hate to say it, but that more than anything is why those players need to move on to a different team somewhere else. They need a fresh start somewhere else (on some other team), not only for the good of the Seahawks team as a whole moving forward ... but also for themselves too.

We have Example A right before our very eyes of a team who has historically done just that -- the New England Patriots. Say what you want about the Pats (I'm no true fan of theirs, that's for sure) ... BUT, in this Belichick could teach the Seahawks (and us 12's) a thing or two. How many guys have they sent packing over the years? Tons. That team is always shuffling the deck -- especially on defense. In addition to keeping salary cap and costs down ... that also tends to minimize those negative influences that could otherwise drag the team as a whole down. I believe Pete Carroll (in his heart of hearts) knows this too, which is why I expect this roster to look quite different come September. Expect change people -- and Michael Bennett is showing you right here this is one of the reasons why change is both necessary and probably unavoidable if this team wants to get back to the Super Bowl.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They didn't lose that game because of that one call. They blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Period.

chris98251

Reaction score
They have removed the Tumors that fester the thoughts in Cable and Bevell, moving on can be difficult if the instigator still lives in the same house as you do.

Now those two have been relieved of their jobs the rest can possibly heal. At the very least given a chance.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rregru7 said:
They didn't lose that game because of that one call. They blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Period.

They could have won it on that one call however.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":29v81ks0 said:
They have removed the Tumors that fester the thoughts in Cable and Bevell, moving on can be difficult if the instigator still lives in the same house as you do.

Now those two have been relieved of their jobs the rest can possibly heal. At the very least given a chance.

I wish it were this easy.

Just because Bevell and Cable are gone doesn't mean some of the players don't still harbor resentment towards Pete and the coaches.

It's why I said in the other thread about cleaning house if there are still certain players on this roster that aren't fully committed and buying into Pete's philosophy.

If there's one thing Belichick has taught the rest of the league, it's that either you're 100% in, or you're gone. If we need players to be gone? Then so be it.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":tsi1pswg said:

Yep. And everyone has their own idea how to do their healing.....

Maxresdefault

0ap3000000898915 video cp

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
How do message board fans know so much about "championship mentality" and "locker room distractions"?

YOU ARE NOT AN ACTUAL PLAYER ON A TEAM!

You know nothing.

chris98251

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":79ygstx2 said:
How do message board fans know so much about "championship mentality" and "locker room distractions"?

You know nothing.

It may be the NFL but I would wager that some of us have been champions on teams if they played sports in their life and know the mentality at any level to do so. Winners and Champions have a way of doing things, nobody that's a Champion wants a participation trophy.

Seymour

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2zui92i4 said:

You know nothing

Anyone with 2 eyes, 2 ears, and a brain has the capacity to observe and learn.

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone that graduated from college was told "you know nothing" because they learned from others and books when they went to find a job. :roll:

If you are not a "message board fan" yourself....just what are you? You sound like Sherman. :snack:

xgeoff

Reaction score
THE TABS":1l3qswoj said:
Seanhawk":1l3qswoj said:
But, but, what about the 10 point lead you gave up? That was the question.

Coming into that game, Kam was playing with a torn MCL, Sherm was playing with a hyperextended elbow, and Earl was playing with a torn labrum. In the cases of Sherm and Earl, they were both playing with one arm tied behind their backs. They both missed a lot of tackles that day that they normally wouldn’t have missed.

Also, Jeremy Lane blew out his knee in the first quarter, and Tharold Simon also went down in the third. By the time the fourth quarter came around, our secondary was an absolute mess, and Tom Brady took full advantage. THAT’S why we blew that lead.

As for the interception, there’s this; the way the Pats defense was aligned, RW walks in for a touchdown if we call read option on that play, AND, what hurts the most about that play to this day, NE had two time outs and did not use them, meaning that they were getting ready to CONCEDE THE TOUCHDOWN.

That’s what hurts the most about that day.

The problem in the 2nd half against Brady wasn't the secondary, it's that the pass rush disappeared after Avril left the game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ha14oqu said:
brimsalabim":1ha14oqu said:
I am addressing the initial posted tweet that began this thread discussion. We can’t continue to have division in our locker room. By the way this mornings quote from Tom Brady is “ my season is not going to end on a handoff”. If that throw had failed and a patriot defender had made public issue of it that player would be gone. This is why the patriots stay at the top.

You dont know if his statement is divisive in any way. You have no idea how his teammates took it.
What is the title of this thread????

"Still a problem for the players"

Any way, I agree with Hawkscanner on this one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":mx3oai8w said:
Uncle Si":mx3oai8w said:
brimsalabim":mx3oai8w said:
I am addressing the initial posted tweet that began this thread discussion. We can’t continue to have division in our locker room. By the way this mornings quote from Tom Brady is “ my season is not going to end on a handoff”. If that throw had failed and a patriot defender had made public issue of it that player would be gone. This is why the patriots stay at the top.

You dont know if his statement is divisive in any way. You have no idea how his teammates took it.
What is the title of this thread????

"Still a problem for the players"

Any way, I agree with Hawkscanner on this one.

You’re assuming because Bennett made a comment it is some underlying issue that has derailed the team. Which you don’t know.

The OP makes the same assumption.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's funny how many teams I've see since that game run the same play down at the goal line, even in the playoffs. And it often works for a TD. It's not a bad play.

However, it was poorly executed in part because we had the wrong personnel in for such a play. We brought in a run package with our run blocking WR's. We should have used a TO and re-evaluated the play in light of the personnel TBH. But we went ahead and put our fates in the hands of Ricardo Lockette. That was Bevell's undoing. Hoping he could fool Belichik by throwing to a little used WR. It worked in the first half didn't it.

But with the game on the line you need to put the ball in the hands of your best players: Lynch, Wilson, Baldwin. Don't get cute. It's about execution at that point and you have to trust your best players to execute.

That's my $0.02. But everyone has their own views on the topic and you can't generally win arguments with logic on the internet. Something I've learned fairly quickly.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
IndyHawk":8362uev1 said:
THE TABS":8362uev1 said:
Seanhawk":8362uev1 said:
But, but, what about the 10 point lead you gave up? That was the question.

Coming into that game, Kam was playing with a torn MCL, Sherm was playing with a hyperextended elbow, and Earl was playing with a torn labrum. In the cases of Sherm and Earl, they were both playing with one arm tied behind their backs. They both missed a lot of tackles that day that they normally wouldn’t have missed.

Also, Jeremy Lane blew out his knee in the first quarter, and Tharold Simon also went down in the third. By the time the fourth quarter came around, our secondary was an absolute mess, and Tom Brady took full advantage. THAT’S why we blew that lead.

As for the interception, there’s this; the way the Pats defense was aligned, RW walks in for a touchdown if we call read option on that play, AND, what hurts the most about that play to this day, NE had two time outs and did not use them, meaning that they were getting ready to CONCEDE THE TOUCHDOWN.

That’s what hurts the most about that day.
Great post and I have been saying this forever.
The Pats got back in only after we had some more game changing injuries(You forgot Avril btw)
The part with RW throwing instead of running it in is my peeve about him in some ways
I keep waiting for him to take control of the play.
He could see that play was not going to work or should have.
You don't throw it unless you are damn sure you got it or toss it to ground
for another play or run it in@least fake it then pass..
MB if he can't get over it then bye bye..

It is entirely the fault of Jermaine Kearse for not setting "the pick" that was supposed to clear out Butler. Probably explains why, in future games, he sucked so bad at the rub route pick - making up for his mistake. Its a bang bang play that they had run successfully many times during the regular season - there are no progressions. If Jermaine does his job, thats a touchdown.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jermaine could not do his job, Browner initiated contact knowing it was going to be a pick play, Browner out weighs and muscles Jermaine, Browner knew the play was coming and could jump it. Was not Jermaine's fault the play was known and telegraphed in and the Patriots knew what was coming.

cymatica

Reaction score
Pats were not in a traditional goaline set, it was a hybrid to stop the pass according to their d coordinator.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":l0zb0gjz said:
SixSeahawk":l0zb0gjz said:

You know nothing

Anyone with 2 eyes, 2 ears, and a brain has the capacity to observe and learn.

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone that graduated from college was told "you know nothing" because they learned from others and books when they went to find a job. :roll:

If you are not a "message board fan" yourself....just what are you? You sound like Sherman. :snack:

What?

I have no idea what that analogy has to do with anything.

Also, Sherman is on the team. He is actually in the locker room. He is also a champion.

Latest posts